Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixed Martial Arts(MMA)

** UFC fighter was eating ketchup and rice before UFC 104

If anyone needed a huge postfight bonus at UFC 104, it was Pat Barry. The heavyweight out of New Orleans, scored Knockout of the Night and Fight of the Night for his victory over Antoni Hardonk. That was good enough for $120,000. Good thing, Barry needed the infusion of cash in the worst way. He confirmed to MMAScrapsRadio that he was completely down on his luck before the fight, agreeing that he had little to eat in Los Angeles the week of the fight.

"I still had my apartment but if something would've happened and the fight had been canceled, I would've been evicted six days later."

Barry, 30, said he didn't even tell his trainer Duke Roufus for fear that he would think the fighter had the wrong motivation going into the fight. Barry said he didn't ask anyone for money including his mother:

"I could ask someone but then at the same time, how hard are you going to work for something if everytime you get in trouble somebody catches you? I did something to put myself in this position I have to work my way out of it."

Listen to Barry talk about his troubles before the fight:

Barry got his $120,000 bonus check last Tuesday. He couldn't believe it. When he went to deposit the check, his truck wouldn't start. Barry got a jump and hit the bank sporting a black eye and pink striped shorts.

"I go to the bank, I'm sweaty, I've got the black eye, I haven't shaven in two days, I'm strung out because I haven't slept, I have green circles under my eyes so I'm like 'Can I have a deposit slip mam?'. She gives it to me, I fill it out hand it to her. She looks at the deposit slip, then the check, then looks at me and says 'Excuse me I'll be right back.' Then a manager comes out, a guy in a suit and says 'What seems to be the problem?' I was like 'Well I have a black eye, that's the only problem I know this looks really ridiculous.' So he asks me for my ID, I hand him my license an he's like 'Your license says Pat Barry, but this check was written to Patrick Barry.' So I decided to be funny and tell him Pat Barry is in my trunk right now. He didnt laugh. So I told him take your time man do whatever you need to do because I have no where to go and my truck probably wont start when I go outside so you can just do whatever you need to do. An hour later he came back and everything was fine, the check was in my bank account."

-sports.yahoo.com

is any one watching the fight this week?

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    is any one watching the fight this week?
    You mean the Fedor fight? I am for sure.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Fedor vs. Rogers on CBS right now.

Fedor is getting fucked up!

WOOOO daaaamn... . KO

Fedor!

lol! Rogers just got knocked the fuck out! Fedor does it again.

Banned

fedor is a war machine!!!! vicious!!!!

no emotion!!! no panic!!!!

he was getting laced and finessed outta there like a crooked dick in pussy!!!!

fedor hit son and that nigga was wondering what he was gonna eat for breakfest!!!!! on the ground like "eggs and hash, or fruit salad"!?!!?!

brock vs fedor make it happen dana you reptilian scum!!!!!

im sittin here wondering how many kids fedor musta destroyed when he was growing up!!!

kid: "you gonna say something you mute fuck?"

fedor: blank stare

kid: *throws punch*

fedor: *dislocates both shoulders and leaves a mudhole in kids face*

fedor: *celebrates victory with a blank stare*

fedor cant beat carwin or brock

fedor took that mans head off on that punch

Wu Vatican

anybody have a vid of the fight?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

I have to say Fedor wouldn't get away with this type of performance against Brock.

Brock is not as good as Rogers.

damn, Fedor ruined that brett rodger's shit! lol, daaaamn..

his last fight seemed to be goin to other guy too, if I remember. all it takes is one punch and it's fuckin lights out.