Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixed Martial Arts(MMA)

Tonights UFC in Japan:

Main Bouts (on Pay-Per-View):
    -Frankie Edgar (14-1-1; #1 Lightweight)* vs. Benson Henderson (15-2; #7 Lightweight)*
    -Quinton Jackson (32-9; #5 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Ryan Bader (13-2)
    -Mark Hunt (7-7) vs. Cheick Kongo (17-6-2)
    -Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-4) vs. Jake Shields (26-6-1; #7 Welterweight)*
    -Yushin Okami (26-6; #3 Middleweight)* vs. Tim Boetsch (14-4)
    -Hatsu Hioki (25-4-2) vs. Bart Palaszewski (36-14)
    -Anthony Pettis (14-2; #9 Lightweight) vs. Joe Lauzon (21-6)

I got Edgar & Rampage easily winning. Im curious to see the Akiyama vs Sheilds fight & also The Hunt vs Kongo too. JLO is going to have the upset tonight imo.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    Tonights UFC in Japan:

Main Bouts (on Pay-Per-View):
    -Frankie Edgar (14-1-1; #1 Lightweight)* vs. Benson Henderson (15-2; #7 Lightweight)*
    -Quinton Jackson (32-9; #5 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Ryan Bader (13-2)
    -Mark Hunt (7-7) vs. Cheick Kongo (17-6-2)
    -Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-4) vs. Jake Shields (26-6-1; #7 Welterweight)*
    -Yushin Okami (26-6; #3 Middleweight)* vs. Tim Boetsch (14-4)
    -Hatsu Hioki (25-4-2) vs. Bart Palaszewski (36-14)
    -Anthony Pettis (14-2; #9 Lightweight) vs. Joe Lauzon (21-6)

I got Edgar & Rampage easily winning. Im curious to see the Akiyama vs Sheilds fight & also The Hunt vs Kongo too. JLO is going to have the upset tonight imo.
    Haha, I know to never ask you for picks. Awesome, awesome card. Bendo is the new champ! That was a hell of a fight with Frankie Edgar.

Rampage looked slow as hell out there. I think it's about time for him to hang it up. He had a sick slam on Bader, but other than that he didn't do much.

Glad to see Mark Hunt win. I didn't think Kongo was going to stand with him much, but he did and paid the price.

Hatsu Hioki put in some work on the ground. He looked a lot better this time out than he did against Roop.

Showtime Pettis kicked he hell out of Lauzon. Glad to see these old WEC guys continuing to do their thing in the UFC.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
    Haha, I know to never ask you for picks. Awesome, awesome card. Bendo is the new champ! That was a hell of a fight with Frankie Edgar.

Rampage looked slow as hell out there. I think it's about time for him to hang it up. He had a sick slam on Bader, but other than that he didn't do much.

Glad to see Mark Hunt win. I didn't think Kongo was going to stand with him much, but he did and paid the price.

Hatsu Hioki put in some work on the ground. He looked a lot better this time out than he did against Roop.

Showtime Pettis kicked he hell out of Lauzon. Glad to see these old WEC guys continuing to do their thing in the UFC.
    HA HA HA! Damn almost everybody that was supposed to win lost that night. Im not mad about it at all. It makes the sport more interesting esp when the title changes hands. Good thing I didnt bet i wouldve had a tough night but usually Im pretty good at picking, just not my night I guess. I do got Overeem defeating Dos Santos tho.

Banned

jake shields is one of the worst strikers in the hstory of mma...

he lands cuz he threatens with the takedown....

a wrestler with big power will put him out... have no idea how he beat hendo... hes a tough guy but holy shit do his fights suck....

mark hunt is a g and always has been... kongo is a disgrace, he likes to hold guys against the fence and knee them in the balls till they drop, then he lays on top of them...

mark hunt wasnt having it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! highlight of the whole card for me.. post fight interview was g... mark hunt vs carwin or big country please...

gomi is probably my favorite LW of all time and i dont know whats up with him, he lost some speed but his technique is fading too.. hes still got a chin and dynamite in his hands so you can outland him and still be in trouble... good to see him win... sucks to see legends on the prelims...

hate seeing rampage take a loss against a guy like bader but page was looking rough, came in overweight and couldnt plant and throw or lift the top guy off like he can when hes right...he was definitely banged up... still couldnt be finished gassed out with no legs... i was hoping that slam broke baders neck... if bader fights a guy that can throw he looks to grapple fuck and that shit is not what ppl pay to see... looking forward to him getting destroyed next fight... let shogun KO or sweep and submit him or let machida counter punch him into deep sleep...

next event in japan needs to have every active pride legend on it... shogun and wand needed to be on this card...

pride >>> ufc and thatll never change

dog thats fucked up you were rooting for that guys neck to be broken hahahaha
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Rampage is done.

Bones Jones is the real deal

I hope Chael Sonnen gets knocked out by Anderson Silva in their rematch, but why is sonnen all the sudden saying sorry to the spider for all the shit he talked?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-silva-but-why

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    jake shields is one of the worst strikers in the hstory of mma...

he lands cuz he threatens with the takedown....

a wrestler with big power will put him out... have no idea how he beat hendo... hes a tough guy but holy shit do his fights suck....

mark hunt is a g and always has been... kongo is a disgrace, he likes to hold guys against the fence and knee them in the balls till they drop, then he lays on top of them...

mark hunt wasnt having it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! highlight of the whole card for me.. post fight interview was g... mark hunt vs carwin or big country please...

gomi is probably my favorite LW of all time and i dont know whats up with him, he lost some speed but his technique is fading too.. hes still got a chin and dynamite in his hands so you can outland him and still be in trouble... good to see him win... sucks to see legends on the prelims...

hate seeing rampage take a loss against a guy like bader but page was looking rough, came in overweight and couldnt plant and throw or lift the top guy off like he can when hes right...he was definitely banged up... still couldnt be finished gassed out with no legs... i was hoping that slam broke baders neck... if bader fights a guy that can throw he looks to grapple fuck and that shit is not what ppl pay to see... looking forward to him getting destroyed next fight... let shogun KO or sweep and submit him or let machida counter punch him into deep sleep...

next event in japan needs to have every active pride legend on it... shogun and wand needed to be on this card...

pride >>> ufc and thatll never change
    rogan laughing mid interview with hunt was hilarious...

-Rashad Evans turns down request to sign picture of him getting knocked out

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...225039280.html

That dude ain't shit. I'm glad Rashad tossed that garbage. I can't wait to see him fight Jon Jones. Bones has been wrecking dudes, but I really want my boy Rashad to get his belt back. It ain't gonna be easy.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Sat April 14 on Fuel TV in Sweden

Main Card (on Fuel TV):
    -Alexander Gustafsson (13-1; #9 Light Heavyweight) vs. Thiago Silva (14-2)
    -Brian Stann (11-4; #9 Middleweight)* vs. Alessio Sakara (15-8)
    -Paulo Thiago (14-3) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (20-4-1)
    -Dennis Siver (19-8) vs. Diego Nunes (17-2; #8 Featherweight)
    -DaMarques Johnson (13-9) vs. John Maguire (17-3)
    -Brad Pickett (20-6) vs. Damacio Page (15-6)

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook):
    -Papy Abedi (8-1) vs. James Head (7-2)
    -Cyrille Diabaté (17-8-1) vs. Tom DeBlass (7-0)
    -Francis Carmont (17-7) vs. Magnus Cedenblad (10-3)
    -Yoislandy Izquierdo (6-0) vs. Reza Madadi (11-2)
    -Simeon Thoresen (16-2-1) vs. Besam Yousef (6-0)
    -Jason Young (8-5) vs. Eric Wisely (19-7)

you mean to tell me that no one is discussing the fight ?

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Jones will defeat Evans imo. I predict a stoppage in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
    Jones will defeat Evans imo. I predict a stoppage in the 3rd.
    me too. jones is the best right now besides the spider!!!!

Sat Fuel 2 Tv results:

Main Card (on Fuel TV):
    -Alexander Gustafsson def. Thiago Silva by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
    -Brian Stann def. Alessio Sakara by KO at 2:26, R1
    -Siyar Bahadurzada def. Paulo Thiago by KO at :42, R1
    -Dennis Siver def. Diego Nunes by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
    -John Maguire def. DaMarques Johnson by submission (arm bar) at 4:40, R2
    -Brad Pickett def. Damacio Page by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:05, R2

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook):
    -James Head def. Papy Abedi by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:33, R1
    -Cyrille Diabaté def. Tom DeBlass by majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)
    -Francis Carmont def. Magnus Cedenblad by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:42, R2
    -Reza Madadi def. Yoislandy Izquierdo by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:36, R2
    -Simeon Thoresen def. Besam Yousef by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:36, R2
    -Jason Young def. Eric Wisely by unanimous decision (30-28 29-28, 29-28

cant believe both Thiago's lost...again.

That was a really good show the other night. The prelims and the main card both had some nice fights. I was disappointed that Papy Abedi lost. I thought he looked pretty good when he fought Thiago Alves and was going to put in work against James Head. He basically just gave up the choke. It was a real sad performance, I don't know if the UFC is going to give him another chance.

The Picket/Page and Siver/Nunes fights were both on point. That Bahadurzada KO on Paulo Thiago was crazy. Dude just dropped like a pile of bricks. I think Gustaffson has a lot of potential, but I don't know how well he'll do against some of the strong wrestlers in the division. He definitely moves around like a 205 Dominick Cruz though.

I can't wait for the card this weekend. Jon Jones is clearly the favorite, but I need Rashad to take this fool out. Let's do this, Suga Shad!
    Last edited by Brick Thunderbird; 04-16-2012 at 02:11 AM.