Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have to get something off my chest. (Method Man 4:21) *warning hater rant*

Veteran Member

Default I have to get something off my chest. (Method Man 4:21) *warning hater rant*

4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year, coupled with the fact that Meth apperently hates the people he works for and jumps at every chance he can get to insult the people who are suppose to sell his album, he pretty much deserves what's happening (ZERO promotion). 4:21 imo is only good for The RZA tracks, the rest seems like nothing but a bunch of throwaways. The album doesn't have a real fluid feel, it just feels like a bunch of tracks randomly put together that didn't take very much skill to produce.

I can't believe some of you Wu fans can sit here and call that album a classic when you VERY WELL KNOW WHAT A TRUE CLASSIC ALBUM IS. Wu fans above all should know this considering Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are CLASSICS.

Meth made a good album, but stop acting like he's getting a raw deal here, don't be a fanboy, be a fan.

I supported Meth by buying his album, but I'm not going to support him by lying to myself. Or hating on a bunch of people at Def Jam that I don't know and will probably never have a chance to voice their opinion.

Def Jam is a business, they have to make money, Meth should stop acting like they have some loyalty to him. They've proven their loyalty by not cutting him after Tical 0.

I mean come on, this guy is pretty bold to be saying all this crap about the media and his label after releasing that TERRIBLE album.

Why can't Meth just get on his grind and put out heat to shut people up? He's a rapper, he should rap. He's got money, why doesn't he do some promoting and marketing on his own? He could get financial support if he wanted, dude has mad connects. He just seems lazy.

Sorry guys but I gotta say it, Meth has fallen off... Hard.

I love it also how you guys diss Rae and RZA for not releasing Cuban Linx 2, at least those dudes are promoting the HELL out of it, the thing has already had like 3 major magazine promotions and it doesn't have a release date, it had a street single, and RZA is always talking about it in EVERY SINGLE interview. Those dudes are HUSTLING, and that's REAL. They ain't complaining about labels and media.

Poet Of The Streets

I hope no one is calling it a classic. Dope album but far from classic.

and by the way dickwad, DefJam are the ones who made Tical 0 the shit it came to be.

CL2 was getting good promotion until rae was talking about signing to aftermath and then the news for this thing completely died.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
    4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year
    you really think that?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    you really think that?
    Hell yes.

wah wah wah

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

How the hell can u say that 421 is the worst release from DefJam this year..did u listen to it on mute or something..other than a few DefJam radio singles, which i agree the lp could do without, it is a solid effort..and all the ranting on the album is good..its real...its how mef is fealing right now and he has all the right to say it...i think its one of the best releases from DefJam this year..standing right beside Fishscale.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideAssassin View Post
    How the hell can u say that 421 is the worst release from DefJam this year..did u listen to it on mute or something..other than a few DefJam radio singles, which i agree the lp could do without, it is a solid effort..and all the ranting on the album is good..its real...its how mef is fealing right now and he has all the right to say it...i think its one of the best releases from DefJam this year..standing right beside Fishscale.
    Fishscale BLOWS this album out of the water.

Veteran Member

Oh and guys, you'll all be saying the stuff i'm saying right now in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
    4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year, coupled with the fact that Meth apperently hates the people he works for and jumps at every chance he can get to insult the people who are suppose to sell his album, he pretty much deserves what's happening (ZERO promotion). 4:21 imo is only good for The RZA tracks, the rest seems like nothing but a bunch of throwaways. The album doesn't have a real fluid feel, it just feels like a bunch of tracks randomly put together that didn't take very much skill to produce.

I can't believe some of you Wu fans can sit here and call that album a classic when you VERY WELL KNOW WHAT A TRUE CLASSIC ALBUM IS. Wu fans above all should know this considering Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are CLASSICS.

Meth made a good album, but stop acting like he's getting a raw deal here, don't be a fanboy, be a fan.

I supported Meth by buying his album, but I'm not going to support him by lying to myself. Or hating on a bunch of people at Def Jam that I don't know and will probably never have a chance to voice their opinion.

Def Jam is a business, they have to make money, Meth should stop acting like they have some loyalty to him. They've proven their loyalty by not cutting him after Tical 0.

I mean come on, this guy is pretty bold to be saying all this crap about the media and his label after releasing that TERRIBLE album.

Why can't Meth just get on his grind and put out heat to shut people up? He's a rapper, he should rap. He's got money, why doesn't he do some promoting and marketing on his own? He could get financial support if he wanted, dude has mad connects. He just seems lazy.

Sorry guys but I gotta say it, Meth has fallen off... Hard.

I love it also how you guys diss Rae and RZA for not releasing Cuban Linx 2, at least those dudes are promoting the HELL out of it, the thing has already had like 3 major magazine promotions and it doesn't have a release date, it had a street single, and RZA is always talking about it in EVERY SINGLE interview. Those dudes are HUSTLING, and that's REAL. They ain't complaining about labels and media.

421 is worst then Bow Wow's latest album? well its an opinion, it seems to me your more of a Rza and Bow Wow fan then a meth one, no problem really but it would explain why your unfairly judging the album.

[quote=OwnageNinja;566369]

can you also admit that no matter how good a wu album will ever be, people like you will never admit it's a classic when it is out of stigma of only calling old albums classic. It's the same thing that happened to Supreme Clientele, nobody'll call it a classic although we all know its flawless, and it revived WU. People have it in there heads that Cuban Linx 36 chambers and Liquid swords are on the same level as the bible and the artists that made them will never be capable of topping them just cause we heard its a classic. I know Gza can top Liquid Swords, i know Rae can top Cuban Linx, I know Wu can top 36, if they made it, they can improve, nobody will admit it when they do though, its a shame.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Thats exactly whut I been saying the album is average at best but you'll cant admit it for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    421 is worst then Bow Wow's latest album? well its an opinion, it seems to me your more of a Rza and Bow Wow fan then a meth one, no problem really but it would explain why your unfairly judging the album.
    Bow Wow is signed to Sony/Columbia.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post

can you also admit that no matter how good a wu album will ever be, people like you will never admit it's a classic when it is out of stigma of only calling old albums classic. It's the same thing that happened to Supreme Clientele, nobody'll call it a classic although we all know its flawless, and it revived WU. People have it in there heads that Cuban Linx 36 chambers and Liquid swords are on the same level as the bible and the artists that made them will never be capable of topping them just cause we heard its a classic. I know Gza can top Liquid Swords, i know Rae can top Cuban Linx, I know Wu can top 36, if they made it, they can improve, nobody will admit it when they do though, its a shame.
    No. In fact I'm willing to say that Fishscale will one day be regarded as a classic. As well as No Said Date.

The main reason that people won't call new Wu stuff classic is simply because it isn't. No conspiracies, no psych analysis, just truth.

no more like ur subjective opinion

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com