Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have to get something off my chest. (Method Man 4:21) *warning hater rant*

Quote Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
    Oh and guys, you'll all be saying the stuff i'm saying right now in about a year.

oh cos your the man aint ya?!! get the fuck outta here
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
    What critics are bashing 4:21?
    A bunch of stans from this forum were crying because XXL gave Meth's effort an L.

fuck xxl. it is wot it is. u need to think wot u think about it. who cares wot anyone else thinks. if you enjoy it thats all that matters.
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

Oh and guys, you'll all be saying the stuff i'm saying right now in about a year.
    buhaha dude dont drop statesments like this cuz you sounds like some dickhead....

with this level of supreme knowledge you surely know who kills biggie and pac

and in fact you just another weasel who think he knows whats de deal.....
    dont make us laugh stupid cuz there was like 100 of the same dickbrain peps like you.................

oh and btw i find your words very disrespectfull (as you can see )

----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by vahacris View Post
    buhaha dude dont drop statesments like this cuz you sounds like some dickhead....

with this level of supreme knowledge you surely know who kills biggie and pac

and in fact you just another weasel who think he knows whats de deal.....
    dont make us laugh stupid cuz there was like 100 of the same dickbrain peps like you.................

oh and btw i find your words very disrespectfull (as you can see )
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

I like this album but not as much as some of the people on here. Its just a good bunch of tracks put together with some being great, some good, some average.

People need to wake up to calling this a classic. If Prequel wasn't his last cd and this was his next offering after Tical 2000, it would probably be just as hated as Prequel is. The majority of us like it cuz its a step up from his last shit, not cuz its a step up from his initial standards.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

How can you say its a TERRIBLE album???? even if Wu-tang release another album which is better than 36 chambers you will be saying its terrible , u must be out of your mind. This happens all the time when someone from Wu-tang releases an album, when fishscale came out people were saying it was good, and then someone started a thread about how it is ghostfaces worst album. The person who posted this thread must have mind problems or sumthin because you fully well know that 4.2:1 is not a terrible album so shut the fuck up.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WotsGoinDown View Post
    How can you say its a TERRIBLE album???? even if Wu-tang release another album which is better than 36 chambers you will be saying its terrible , u must be out of your mind. This happens all the time when someone from Wu-tang releases an album, when fishscale came out people were saying it was good, and then someone started a thread about how it is ghostfaces worst album. The person who posted this thread must have mind problems or sumthin because you fully well know that 4.2:1 is not a terrible album so shut the fuck up.
    As I said I was harsh, the album isn't terrible, but it's not great at all though, it's somewhat average honestly.

I don't understand the Fishscale hate, as I actually like the album a lot still. But seriously, Meth's album is his third best release and slightly closer to Tical 0 then Tical 2000.

I'm just being real. I bought his album, so I think I have a right to say what I think of it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    I like this album but not as much as some of the people on here. Its just a good bunch of tracks put together with some being great, some good, some average.

People need to wake up to calling this a classic. If Prequel wasn't his last cd and this was his next offering after Tical 2000, it would probably be just as hated as Prequel is. The majority of us like it cuz its a step up from his last shit, not cuz its a step up from his initial standards.
    WORDLIFE.

All people do is complain.

The age we live in now, this is a great album by all standards. lyrically a great album, to me rapping is about lyrics, the beats come second, but when you get a sick grimey beat and on point lyrics its even better, just be happy you got a new meth album.

EDIT:

and yes i even like Fall Out

penalty boxed user

4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year, coupled with the fact that Meth apperently hates the people he works for and jumps at every chance he can get to insult the people who are suppose to sell his album, he pretty much deserves what's happening (ZERO promotion). 4:21 imo is only good for The RZA tracks, the rest seems like nothing but a bunch of throwaways. The album doesn't have a real fluid feel, it just feels like a bunch of tracks randomly put together that didn't take very much skill to produce.

I can't believe some of you Wu fans can sit here and call that album a classic when you VERY WELL KNOW WHAT A TRUE CLASSIC ALBUM IS. Wu fans above all should know this considering Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are CLASSICS.

Meth made a good album, but stop acting like he's getting a raw deal here, don't be a fanboy, be a fan.

I supported Meth by buying his album, but I'm not going to support him by lying to myself. Or hating on a bunch of people at Def Jam that I don't know and will probably never have a chance to voice their opinion.

Def Jam is a business, they have to make money, Meth should stop acting like they have some loyalty to him. They've proven their loyalty by not cutting him after Tical 0.

I mean come on, this guy is pretty bold to be saying all this crap about the media and his label after releasing that TERRIBLE album.

Why can't Meth just get on his grind and put out heat to shut people up? He's a rapper, he should rap. He's got money, why doesn't he do some promoting and marketing on his own? He could get financial support if he wanted, dude has mad connects. He just seems lazy.

Sorry guys but I gotta say it, Meth has fallen off... Hard.

I love it also how you guys diss Rae and RZA for not releasing Cuban Linx 2, at least those dudes are promoting the HELL out of it, the thing has already had like 3 major magazine promotions and it doesn't have a release date, it had a street single, and RZA is always talking about it in EVERY SINGLE interview. Those dudes are HUSTLING, and that's REAL. They ain't complaining about labels and media.
    it seems you are more intristed in the politics behind the cd than the cd itself why don't you stop moanin like a old docks whore & just enjoy the fuckin cd. you are looking for somthing that you will never see again there will never be another tical you must understand that meth is a premier mc & if you compare him to other premier mc's like dmx you will see the day after is 10 times better than year of the dog it's fair to say that the day after is the best cd to come out this year compared to other premier mc's. wu-tang has more than 100 mc's if u looking for underground get the blue sky black death cd called the hollocaust with warcloud you won't be dissapointed & if you looking for a comercial cd get the day after it's as simple as that. one more thing wu-tang is was & always will be the best even their kids sound good check thier new shit out on made in brooklyn & the 5% album of lord jamar.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
    What critics are bashing 4:21?

And I'm sorry but Fishscale will never be considered a classic. Its such a step down for Ghost lyrically and theres so many weak tracks on there. A lot of the beats are weak too. Sure its a good cd but I'd like to know how many times you'll be listening to Clipse of Doom, Momma, Three Bricks, Jellyfish, Beauty Jackson or any of those ultra shitty skits in the near future. How about in 5 years? You still gonna be bumpin those tracks?
    I listen to those tracks everytime I play the cd. They tight!

"Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar

Lol.

Take that up with Meth.

Veteran Member

Not a good hip hop album, it's has too much of a club feel to it, Meth doesn't sound raw anymore like he did on Blackout....times change, it's not that Timbaland and Hoody era no more

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post
    no more like ur subjective opinion
    wucorp commandment #1 "thou shall not have negative opinions"
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"