Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RZA putting B-list affiliates on his albums

^^^yep, I agree with what you say about BOAP, it could (easily) be up there with supreme clientele...

a day to god is 1000 years is insane, lyrically and beatwise...
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Formerly Arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by venex View Post
    ^^^yep, I agree with what you say about BOAP, it could (easily) be up there with supreme clientele...

a day to god is 1000 years is insane, lyrically and beatwise...

yeah man, i love that one. bob n i followed by the grundge is also one of the best intros to any wu album, then we pop is nice at first, but the verses are weak, especially division (partly why i made this thread).

some fucking nice beats on there too, drink smoke and fuck is the only sub par one, and the whistle is average but thats it.

I agree that RZA overloads his albums with some subpar Wu affiliates, especially like Division, Islord, Black Knights... other Generals seem to be more balanced with that, more careful when they chose their Wu fam featurings. I think that RZA forcely tries to promote less talented rappers from the fam and that undoubtely lowers the value of his albums (still bangas though, with the exception of Digital Bullet = personal classic for me )

Quote Originally Posted by RAMESH View Post
    i'm happy with 90% of the affiliates & rza is happy with 100% otherwise they wouldn't be part of the clan. where is it your place to decide what's hot what should be not? it's just your own .
    when did i ever say I should be the one to decide? I just gave my opinion like you said, and im entitled to do so. You can say anybody sucks, its freedom of speech. This isnt a kindergarten class where I gotta worry about kids feelings, this is a message board called BRING DA RUCKUS for fucks sake. You and your post can eat a dick.

As for BOAP being on Supreme level with better lyrics, I dont think so. There were some wack beats on it as well wheras Supreme has about 0 wack beats IMO. BOAP would need an overhaul on Guests, Lyrics, Choruses Especially, and a few beat changes to be on Supreme Level. But dont get me wrong, im one of the few who actually likes BOAP (would rate it about a 7)
    Last edited by J-DON; 09-07-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Veteran Member

J-Don, i just dont' seem to get you either praise the album and don't.\
    At first you try to shit on them by saying
    BOAP would need an overhaul on Guests, Lyrics, Choruses Especially, and a few beat changes to be on Supreme Level
    then you try to praise them by saying
    But dont get me wrong, im one of the few who actually likes BOAP (would rate it about a 7)
    Please be straight with us.

Coming to my what i also think:
    I agree Rza turns to feature loads of average or below average rappers or Mc's on his albums and as you guys rightly stated B.O.A.P is a typical example. We all know he can assemble better talent that what he currently features on his albums.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

penalty boxed user

Quote Originally Posted by J-DON View Post
    when did i ever say I should be the one to decide? I just gave my opinion like you said, and im entitled to do so. You can say anybody sucks, its freedom of speech. This isnt a kindergarten class where I gotta worry about kids feelings, this is a message board called BRING DA RUCKUS for fucks sake. You and your post can eat a dick.

As for BOAP being on Supreme level with better lyrics, I dont think so. There were some wack beats on it as well wheras Supreme has about 0 wack beats IMO. BOAP would need an overhaul on Guests, Lyrics, Choruses Especially, and a few beat changes to be on Supreme Level. But dont get me wrong, im one of the few who actually likes BOAP (would rate it about a 7)
    thank god u not the 1 2 decide & yes u are entiteled to be an asshole
    saying people suck is uncalled for & it's a bitch move unless you defending yourself & willing to back it up. i don't like alot of rappers out there but i'm not going to shit on thier names cause one of thier is going to tell me to fuck myself like i'm going to tell u go fuck yourself
    u can't judge raes crew evryone knows the leader of american cream team is dead they never dropped a cd
    never got the chance to hear the hood cd but i heard from my crew ice water got skills
    you should take all that negative energy you got & go to yoga u fuckin bitch i didn't really want to swear you i think you got potencial you know quite a bit about the clan thats cool
    just try to understand u going to get negative attention if u diss mc's cause they all got some type of following & they going to offended

Veteran Member

ll the guest spots on digital too

Vaudeville Villian Half Cut Skeleton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Angel View Post
    I agree that RZA overloads his albums with some subpar Wu affiliates, especially like Division, Islord, Black Knights... other Generals seem to be more balanced with that, more careful when they chose their Wu fam featurings. I think that RZA forcely tries to promote less talented rappers from the fam and that undoubtely lowers the value of his albums (still bangas though, with the exception of Digital Bullet = personal classic for me )
    true...rza must feel a bit more obligated to let the MCs that don't usually get a chance to be noticed to shine on a good album more than any other wu member because hes tha producer.

~Tryin to douse a pinch of weed in a frat street house, I'll make mince meat out of that beat mouse!~

penalty boxed user

Yo Leo what's up how you doing?
    i don't know i think again i have to disagree with you (last time was about me not liking snoop dog)
    on the RZA guest spots. out of the top of my head you got
    berreta 9 from killarmy the man got mad skills
    Cilvaringz - you must remember him from ten tigers you rated the cd as a classic & i agree with you
    Warcloud - the most controversial rapper of all time
    Method Man
    ODB
    Masta Killah
    Killa Sin
    Prodigal Sunn
    Division - that verse that he hits where he uses jersey a couple of times i think was good wordplay he was smart with it. rick ross is coming out with the same style i think Division does it much better
    too many to mention them all
    Honestly i love RZA cd's just wouldn't be the same without the guest spots cause that's just the way i see it.

I've probably already posted this (sorry if I have) but I think it's good that RZA's putting sub par MC's on the album. At least he's getting their names out to people who aren't gonna know them