Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RZA putting B-list affiliates on his albums

Quote Originally Posted by RAMESH View Post
    alot of you guys got it fucked up wu-tang clan is a fuckin clan what would wu-tang be without it's affiliates?
    All Killer, No Filler is what the wu would be without all the bullshit affiliates. Especially the RZA albums (Cept Doc Doom and Holocaust on In Stereo, And Cilvarings is pretty coo on BOAP).

....who?
    Tons of dudes are way better than any of those.

it's clear that u don't respect the clan.
    The Clan isnt respecting itself by letting all these weak ass cats infiltrate and weild the logo.

Only Wu Affiliates worth having on a Generals album

Street Life
    Killah Priest (any sunz of man dudes usually bring it)
    Carlton Fisk
    Holocaust (not anymore though)
    Cilvaringz (hes alright)
    Trife Da God
    Cappadonna

im prob missing a couple but most of the other ones just blow it especially RZA and Rae's dudes.
    Last edited by J-DON; 09-02-2006 at 05:44 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antibody View Post
    I'm talking stuff like putting Division on 3 songs on Birth of a Prince. Maybe 1 song would be ok, but 3? the beat for 'the drop off' could have been used so much better.

Tash mahogony on Koto Choton aswell... that could have been a great wu song with another clan member isntead.

Im just listening to birth of a prince now the guest rappers really bring it down, I noticed it on bobby digi in stereo aswell but its not as bad as boap.
    Them Niggaz are C Killa Bee.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Formerly Arsehole

not all affiliates are bad, of course some of them are great, but a lot of them are average and some suck. Divison suck a lot and theyre on 3 tracks from BOAP (wtf? rza why?). A lot of guests on rzas albums arent bad but average, like beretta 9 dont really ruin the songs but he dont really bring anything to them either.

RZA albums would be sooo much better with wu guest features or at least better affiliates (like killarmy or killah priest)

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    Just out of curiosity Venex who else besides Division do you think are wack?

imma post a little list soon, I got something to do know...

but don't forget, some of my fav mc's are wu-fam ! (imma post those I think are wack, and those who are great)

peace!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Veteran Member

RZA's probably closer to Division personally. Do you guys honestly think an album will sell better if he replaces Free Murda with Timbo King on a track? To us it may mean the world because we know Timbo's better but do most people know that and will it impact album sales? And can you imagine how hard it might be to track down some of the higher caliber mcs when it's cheaper to just bring in ya boys? Think about it for a minute and although for us it sucks it's not too hard to understand why RZA would do this. I think out of everyone in the clan, I trust RZA's judgment the most.

^^good points all around.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by Marc051 View Post
    RZA's probably closer to Division personally. Do you guys honestly think an album will sell better if he replaces Free Murda with Timbo King on a track? To us it may mean the world because we know Timbo's better but do most people know that and will it impact album sales? And can you imagine how hard it might be to track down some of the higher caliber mcs when it's cheaper to just bring in ya boys? .

Who gives a shit about sales? If you cant find anybody good then dont even bother and do the tracks solo and make it a shorter cut. Id rather that than hear some of the dudes that get on wu cd's butchering tracks with wack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by J-DON View Post
    Who gives a shit about sales? If you cant find anybody good then dont even bother and do the tracks solo and make it a shorter cut. Id rather that than hear some of the dudes that get on wu cd's butchering tracks with wack shit.
    the artists care about sales. and getting A-list talent on your album costs money. also he wanted to give those guys a chance cuz at the time that was the group he was bringing up.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Cilvaringz (hes alright)

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Veteran Member

Only Wu affiliates I like more than Cilvaringz are Timbo King and Hell Razah. These clowns that hate are deaf and dumb

Formerly Arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    the artists care about sales. and getting A-list talent on your album costs money. also he wanted to give those guys a chance cuz at the time that was the group he was bringing up.
    Its cool to let your buddies get on tracks with you, but they should really step up if they want to be on a RZA album, and RZA shouldn't let the verses stay on the album if they're weak. I swear I read about him doing that with the old wu-tang stuff, if someone had a weak verse RZA would let someone take their place on the track or something like that.

^^maybe he doesn't think it's wack ??

cuz the RZA also got wack verses on bobby digital albums !!!!(don't hate on me, cuz i'm the biggest RZA fan)

On "enter the wutang" he didn't had wack verses...
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Quote Originally Posted by venex View Post

cuz the RZA also got wack verses on bobby digital albums !!!
    that is an excellent point

penalty boxed user

All Killer, No Filler is what the wu would be without all the bullshit affiliates. Especially the RZA albums (Cept Doc Doom and Holocaust on In Stereo, And Cilvarings is pretty coo on BOAP).

Tons of dudes are way better than any of those.

The Clan isnt respecting itself by letting all these weak ass cats infiltrate and weild the logo.

Only Wu Affiliates worth having on a Generals album

Street Life
    Killah Priest (any sunz of man dudes usually bring it)
    Carlton Fisk
    Holocaust (not anymore though)
    Cilvaringz (hes alright)
    Trife Da God
    Cappadonna

im prob missing a couple but most of the other ones just blow it especially RZA and Rae's dudes.
    i'm happy with 90% of the affiliates & rza is happy with 100% otherwise they wouldn't be part of the clan. where is it your place to decide what's hot what should be not? it's just your own little opinion.
    how would you like it if i said snoop dog or tim dog or what ever the fuck you listen to sucks that's not cool i won't do that but thats what u doing to me right now i mostly listen to the affilliates i love the music we all got diffrent shit we like by you saying they suck is not cool.

Formerly Arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by venex View Post

cuz the RZA also got wack verses on bobby digital albums !!!!(don't hate on me, cuz i'm the biggest RZA fan)

On "enter the wutang" he didn't had wack verses...

truth, but if Rza has lowered the standard of what he considers 'dope' then that sucks for us fans who have a higher standard set by better verses (lets be fair, it's hardly opinion that early wu-tang verses and guests is better than the new ones on rza albums).

I'm serious in saying this, if BoaP had better quality control on the verses and guests it could be in the same league as supreme clientele.
    Instead it's a weak album with some nice beats and a few nice tracks here and there.
    Last edited by Antibody; 09-05-2006 at 10:21 AM.