Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang suck at making albums.

Formerly Arsehole

Default Wu-Tang suck at making albums.

Seriously. They have some classic albums, but most of what they put out is good or average... this wouldnt be bad, but wu-tang are 9 of the best MCs in the world. Nearly every member has a dissapointing solo discography.

I'll admit I havnt heard every albums from every member, but I own all of Ghost's albums and people say he is the most consitent member of the clan (some people say gza)... Ghost to me is maybe the best MC ever, but his last 3 albums were good. Theres nothing wrong with them, but one of the best MCs ever should be putting out more than just good albums.

Raekwon is brilliant, but Immobilarity has really average beats which ruin it, and I don't want to get lex diamond story cuz most people say it sucks. Cumon man... I reckon his raps actually improved after cuban linx but his albums got worse, thats not right.

Method man... dont need to talk.

I personally love Bobby Digital in Stereo but I know thats not the best he can do.

I dont want to go into every member but i think u get the point.

Im not hating, it just hit me that some of the best rappers in the world should have a much better discography by now.

You are a hater.

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.
    Hip-Hop's forefathers...that's right...forefathers.

Free Killa Sin!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EedXtPhPhlI

Quote Originally Posted by Antibody View Post
    Seriously. They have some classic albums, but most of what they put out is good or average... this wouldnt be bad, but wu-tang are 9 of the best MCs in the world. Nearly every member has a dissapointing solo discography.

I'll admit I havnt heard every albums from every member, but I own all of Ghost's albums and people say he is the most consitent member of the clan (some people say gza)... Ghost to me is maybe the best MC ever, but his last 3 albums were good. Theres nothing wrong with them, but one of the best MCs ever should be putting out more than just good albums.

Raekwon is brilliant, but Immobilarity has really average beats which ruin it, and I don't want to get lex diamond story cuz most people say it sucks. Cumon man... I reckon his raps actually improved after cuban linx but his albums got worse, thats not right.

I personally love Bobby Digital in Stereo but I know thats not the best he can do.

Im not hating, it just hit me that some of the best rappers in the world should have a much better discography by now.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Sit down and STFU!

wu-tang has suffered from poor beat selection for a long time. its takes more then lyrics to make a great album. those first string of solos had great lyrics AND great beats.

i have to agree that a lot of the discographies of the 9 general have been pretty subpar. i cant say that any member hasnt had a subpar album and the only member who hasnt had 2 is Gza.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

^^^legend of the liquid swords had ALOT of poor beats...
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Veteran Member

It's because when you look at classics like Liquid Swords, they weren't truly solo albums. It's hard to measure up to that when suddenly lose that and have to work on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Antibody View Post

i agree rza didnt put out what he was capable of on bobby digital well i agree on everything u just said

Quote Originally Posted by venex View Post
    ^^^legend of the liquid swords had ALOT of poor beats...
    which is why i said every member has had at least 1 subpar album.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc051 View Post
    It's because when you look at classics like Liquid Swords, they weren't truly solo albums. It's hard to measure up to that when suddenly lose that and have to work on your own.
    you dont have to equal those classics to make something thats above being subpar.

beneath the surface and grandmasters are superior albums without being on the level of liquid swords.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    you dont have to equal those classics to make something thats above being subpar.

beneath the surface and grandmasters are superior albums without being on the level of liquid swords.

those are the few exceptions that actually work when you find the perfect chemistry. Beneath the Surface is heavily loaded with guests and has mostly Mathematics production. Grandmasters was the perfect chemistry because Muggs is very similar to RZA.....too bad it took this long for them to figure it out.

Real hip hop doesnt sell anymore , thats why they have to make some of the songs commercial in thier albums, which makes thier albums not very good.

GENERAL WISE

Clanners need one producer for the whole album, no more of the bullshit making beats that dont vibe with the rest of the album.
    And rza needs to stop acting and movie "scoring" som1 drag his ass IN THE FUCKING STUDIO, no more telephone through beats.

wu tang still have it in them to make classic albums, its all about the formula....

Quote Originally Posted by Marc051 View Post
    those are the few exceptions that actually work when you find the perfect chemistry. Beneath the Surface is heavily loaded with guests and has mostly Mathematics production. Grandmasters was the perfect chemistry because Muggs is very similar to RZA.....too bad it took this long for them to figure it out.
    dont forget tical2000 and supreme clientele. hell, some even argue these are better then their predecessors.