Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang suck at making albums.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WotsGoinDown View Post
    Real hip hop doesnt sell anymore , thats why they have to make some of the songs commercial in thier albums, which makes thier albums not very good.
    Actually no hip hop sells anymore. It's just those desperate enough to go to the extremes of looking like filthy minstrel show slobs that may sell a LITTLE more than others.

Digital Henchman,IronStrk 61stkillah's Avatar

Default Go

[quote=Antibody;573301]

Raekwon is brilliant, but Immobilarity has really average beats which ruin it, and I don't want to get lex diamond story cuz most people say it sucks. Cumon man... I reckon his raps actually improved after cuban linx but his albums got worse, thats not right.
    [quote]

Thats How I Was thinkin when people were sayin The Pretty Toney Album Sucks And It Doesn't, The Same wit Lex Diamond Story, People Were Sayin It Sucks And I Herd It And Enjoyed The Album, In Other Words.. follow your own judgement Not Others
    ________
    Bmw M56
    Last edited by 61stkillah; 04-10-2011 at 10:50 AM.

I think they're having a comeback. Fishscale is better than Pretty Toney, 4:21 is better than the Prequel, and Made in Brooklyn is better than No Said Date. I'm pretty sure The Cure couldn't be much worse than Birth of a Prince, and Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 is probably gonna be Rae's best album since Cuban Linx 1. They just fell victim to changing production values. Hopefully the next Clan album will be better than Iron Flag cause I don't think I even made it all the way through that one....

WU TANG RULES AGAIN

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    dont forget tical2000 and supreme clientele. hell, some even argue these are better then their predecessors.

I consider Supreme Clientle a Wu-Tang album beacuse it follows the same formula as a lot of early Wu-Tang albums. It has a few experimental tracks but they definitely work

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

To put my 2 cents in I agree solo wise wu can't cut it. Most of the good solos was accompanied by atleast one other clansman. They compliment each other and when you have one clansman holding down an album it's like okay it's missing something. In the case of Master killa I feel he was doing what he like, saying what he like and making an album that he wanted to make. Amd most of us didn't feel it.

A hater is someone that don't like it because it's good. When someone hate that their favorite rapper is shelved so they down the other cats that's on the charts that's a hater. Someone that's like okay I know you can do better why are you putting out mediocre raps for. I say stick to clans album instead of solo work you know
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

Quote Originally Posted by sonny getz View Post
    I think they're having a comeback. Fishscale is better than Pretty Toney, 4:21 is better than the Prequel, and Made in Brooklyn is better than No Said Date. I'm pretty sure The Cure couldn't be much worse than Birth of a Prince, and Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 is probably gonna be Rae's best album since Cuban Linx 1. They just fell victim to changing production values. Hopefully the next Clan album will be better than Iron Flag cause I don't think I even made it all the way through that one....
    made in brooklyn is nowhere near as good as no said date

Formerly Arsehole

[quote=61stkillah;573592][quote=Antibody;573301]

Raekwon is brilliant, but Immobilarity has really average beats which ruin it, and I don't want to get lex diamond story cuz most people say it sucks. Cumon man... I reckon his raps actually improved after cuban linx but his albums got worse, thats not right.

Thats How I Was thinkin when people were sayin The Pretty Toney Album Sucks And It Doesn't, The Same wit Lex Diamond Story, People Were Sayin It Sucks And I Herd It And Enjoyed The Album, In Other Words.. follow your own judgement Not Others
    Agree with u here, I was just being honest instead of pretending I've bought every single album theyve put out.

I bought Pretty Toney and liked it, but that had a lot of good reviews aswell and I had the rest of Ghosts albums and liked all of them. I bought Immobilarity despite the criticism and liked it in some parts, but I don't listen to it much because of the beats and even tho im a big Rae fan, other Rae fans say Lex Diamonds is worse than Immobilarity and I don't want to pay for an album that i'll probably hardly listen to if u see what i mean.

Thanks to everyone who took my post seriously, and fuck anyone who called me a hater; get a life.

To me, what defines a good MC is his skillz, lyrically speaking. I like MC's that make you think. Beats are nice and all but a bit overrated as far as how far it can take a song. At best, it goes hand in hand. You need good content and sound.

Default fuck uuuuuuuu

wu is power, skills, gracfulness, and leadership

true u-god is like ma favorite now and i aint seen any of his albums i mean RZA i love his beats good songs include
    triumph
    mr sandman
    iron god chamber
    winter warz never again was good too i like wu alot but they needa big comeback to put em on top again like i said b4 one of em is gonna realize they need a new generation of wu-tang

I Wish The Wu Would Only Use Wu Producers I Hope On The Gza's Album And All The Next Albums To Come Out Thats What They Do

Veteran Member

Antibody has got a point but i think that he hasn't got good ear drums, maybe too much wax in them. Look i think you guys should stop comparing albums and criticising albums too much. you admitted it yourself that when you actually got some of the albums you thought and had heard that they were wack or suck, and actually listened to them you liked what you heard or at least some of what you heard isn't ? so i say take each album as it comes and appreciate it for it's value. give credit where it's due and give constructive and appropriate criticisms.

And i bet if wu were to make the so called "REAL hip-hop album" am sure it sales would really be LOW.
    Remember it all about the money....C.R.E.A.M
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Freedom,Justice & Equaliy Tzaosirus's Avatar

Trust in the RZA.
    Kill all the government microchips in my body
    I'm the paranoid nigga at your party
    I kill all my enemies at birth!
    Shut the fuck up!
    Bitch and let my slide my hands up your skirt
    Nigga please!

Quote Originally Posted by Antibody View Post
    Seriously. They have some classic albums, but most of what they put out is good or average... this wouldnt be bad, but wu-tang are 9 of the best MCs in the world. Nearly every member has a dissapointing solo discography.

I'll admit I havnt heard every albums from every member, but I own all of Ghost's albums and people say he is the most consitent member of the clan (some people say gza)... Ghost to me is maybe the best MC ever, but his last 3 albums were good. Theres nothing wrong with them, but one of the best MCs ever should be putting out more than just good albums.

Method man... dont need to talk.

I personally love Bobby Digital in Stereo but I know thats not the best he can do.

I dont want to go into every member but i think u get the point.

Im not hating, it just hit me that some of the best rappers in the world should have a much better discography by now.
    If i ever met you i'd drop you

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

not many artists in any form of music are able to have a catalogue without a couple of misses in it...