Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang suck at making albums.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny getz View Post
    I think they're having a comeback. Fishscale is better than Pretty Toney, 4:21 is better than the Prequel, and Made in Brooklyn is better than No Said Date. I'm pretty sure The Cure couldn't be much worse than Birth of a Prince, and Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 is probably gonna be Rae's best album since Cuban Linx 1. They just fell victim to changing production values. Hopefully the next Clan album will be better than Iron Flag cause I don't think I even made it all the way through that one....
    uh did u even listen to birth of a prince??? that album bangs its rza at his best and too bad u didnt make it thru iron flag the 2nd half of it is fuckin classic....

and 4 the person who posted this, What are u doing here on this site, u aint a fan so beat it!

Yeah, I listened to Birth of a Prince for about a week straight trying to get into it and I couldn't. I'll give Iron Flag another listen, though.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by sonny getz View Post
    Yeah, I listened to Birth of a Prince for about a week straight trying to get into it and I couldn't. I'll give Iron Flag another listen, though.
    i can understand not getting into birth cause the beats arent top notch (except chi kung and a day to god...) but the album is chock full of quotables read my newly posted review on this album....

glad to hear u r gettin back into iron flag. while i find the first 6 songs collectively weak the last 6 more than make up for it
    u can read this review as well in the thread which is better the w or iron flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Antibody View Post
    Seriously. They have some classic albums, but most of what they put out is good or average... this wouldnt be bad, but wu-tang are 9 of the best MCs in the world. Nearly every member has a dissapointing solo discography.

I'll admit I havnt heard every albums from every member, but I own all of Ghost's albums and people say he is the most consitent member of the clan (some people say gza)... Ghost to me is maybe the best MC ever, but his last 3 albums were good. Theres nothing wrong with them, but one of the best MCs ever should be putting out more than just good albums.

Raekwon is brilliant, but Immobilarity has really average beats which ruin it, and I don't want to get lex diamond story cuz most people say it sucks. Cumon man... I reckon his raps actually improved after cuban linx but his albums got worse, thats not right.

Method man... dont need to talk.

I personally love Bobby Digital in Stereo but I know thats not the best he can do.

I dont want to go into every member but i think u get the point.

Im not hating, it just hit me that some of the best rappers in the world should have a much better discography by now.

I AGREE 100% !! i'm a wu fan since day one (1995),it was the golden era of NY-ruff-rugged-and grimey hiphop

but now....WHAT ??
    fuck that ish... i really want 2 hear a necro production with
    ill bill,odb,necro and meth spittin dirty words on it....

whooa.... 4 this track i would even split 2 humans in 4 parts
    with a double sharped ninja sword !!!!

Could Jesus mircowave a burrito so hot that even he couldn't eat it?
    peace da digitalninja

HATED BY MOST...
    LOVED BY FEW..
    BUT RESPECTED BY ALL !!!!

Don Capo of :

PUSSIESPARADISE INC.
    Horrorcore-Foundation

true, every solo album got gradually weaker, especially u-god and rae, the only one w/ a solid discography is masta killa

and as for rae....cl2 might be da nail in da coffin for him from my standpoint and da tracks i heard

WTF????
    I Beg To Differ.. At least Wu isn't like all these other cookie cutter rappers, come on now that was just ridiculous... WU-TANG4EVA!
    " Sometimes I look up at the stars and analyze the sky, and ask myself was I meant to be here why?" --------Ghostface

http://www.myspace.com/mmarra34

Most of 'em have a dissapointing discography?

Hmmm, ok, there's 1 that I know of, Inspectah deck...yes....but the rest of'm?? Nah, some fell of big time sure, like Method Man, he never brought anything good no more after "Tical"......But Ghostface, RZA,.....still doin' damn good albums, and GZA aswell ( fuck that "beneath the surface" album tho.....making me spend money for a wack ass album like this....).
    But that's about it.
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

They are still putting out good albums. I just started listening to wu like a year and a half ago. I got 36 chambers from a friend, and I loved it. Then I got the pretty toney album and again, loved it. I know a lot of people who are new wu fans who heard the pretty toney album, and was like this ghostface guy is awesome, then went and started listening to old wu stuff.
    People are comparing the new albums to old albums too much. People listen to an album like pretty toney or 4:21 or fishscale and say the artist is not as good as he used to be, and give the album a bad review. Just because an album is not as good as an artists' previous album does not make it a bad album. Listen to what rae says on the skit at the beginning of smith bros on lex diamond story.

And as for wu albums, 36 chambers and forever are classics. The W is damn near classic. And Iron Flag, though very different and nowhere near 36 chambers, is still a VERY good album, and is definetly WAY ABOVE PAR when compared to the average hip-hop album.

And wu still has potential to make classic songs. To me, RAGU is classic, presidential MC is near classic, Street Corner is classic. 4:21, the resident patient, and the DaVinci Code mixtape were better than I expected, and i think that all of their careers are far from over. Rae is sounding really good right now, and I hope that being on aftermath will help his career.

And Grandmasters is definetly a classic to me

Bottomline is I think everyone needs to go rebuy every album and just meditate and marinate on it for a minute---You will then obtain a clear understanding of how deep and sick (great) they were.. I think there is too much understimating in these pages.. This is not a debate. Wu-Tang4Eva
    " Sometimes I look up at the stars and analyze the sky, and ask myself was I meant to be here why?" --------Ghostface

Never underestimate the WU!

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo921 View Post
    They are still putting out good albums. I just started listening to wu like a year and a half ago. I got 36 chambers from a friend, and I loved it. Then I got the pretty toney album and again, loved it. I know a lot of people who are new wu fans who heard the pretty toney album, and was like this ghostface guy is awesome, then went and started listening to old wu stuff.
    People are comparing the new albums to old albums too much. People listen to an album like pretty toney or 4:21 or fishscale and say the artist is not as good as he used to be, and give the album a bad review. Just because an album is not as good as an artists' previous album does not make it a bad album. Listen to what rae says on the skit at the beginning of smith bros on lex diamond story.

And as for wu albums, 36 chambers and forever are classics. The W is damn near classic. And Iron Flag, though very different and nowhere near 36 chambers, is still a VERY good album, and is definetly WAY ABOVE PAR when compared to the average hip-hop album.

And wu still has potential to make classic songs. To me, RAGU is classic, presidential MC is near classic, Street Corner is classic. 4:21, the resident patient, and the DaVinci Code mixtape were better than I expected, and i think that all of their careers are far from over. Rae is sounding really good right now, and I hope that being on aftermath will help his career.
    co-fuckin-sign.....

penalty boxed user

to be honest i like all the wu-tang cd's that came out except for 1
    most of my cd's are wu-tang related & i'm happy with what i listen to
    i randomly select a cd & let the whole thing play
    i don't really care what's new or old i can play the same cd for three months in my car before i change it with another one i'm not saying that i feel all the songs but i respect the artists
    the way i see it they took the time to make it so i'll the time to listen to it
    there is more than a 100 wu-tang members so chances are you might not listen to that cd again in quite a while so you might as well enjoy it when you got the chance to.
    truth is wu-tang is the best because they are the biggest like rza says power in numbers it helps the cause that there is so much talent & unique styles in the group.