holocaust caught mad wreck last year-
    lookin forward to hiz next album alot-
    -peace-

BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS

if any one of yall headz missed it, peep-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFClyrPkHs

-peace-

Veteran Member

mediocre, these guys got some bangers but it wasnt all that consistent. and its hard to listen to Cloud's constant babble for a whole album. rated it mediocre, prefer his work with Skarecrow over BSBD

i'm gonna go so far az to say this album probably haz more
    quotablez than any other wu album since 'wu-tang forever'

OTB - live and uncut

i think the same....

holocaust and great migration afro samurai and muggs vs gza the best wu discs since forever....

hiphop changed into pop and is controlled by the money....

actually- i have to say 'since wu-tang forever and heavy mental'

holocaust said-
    'you must be crazy to mess with the tarantula
    you try to get me, nope, i turn into smoke and go under the door like dracula'

holocaust iz top 10.

lyricly he is perfect.... but sometimes he flows not good on the beats.... but it's not so relevant..... the album is great...

full metal jacket rap fan

Default I think it is an amazing album. the imagery is insane and the beats are undeniably si

Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Theories View Post

It's a well thought out honest review and I agree with most of what you've said.
    I saw smuggling booze in here so i assume we still consider him wu fam. Also there is a wu symbol on the front cover. Yes, Holocaust isnt spitting like the majority of listeners would like (Silkworm,Doomsday, and others) but it still is refreshing to hear something different and original nowadays. Blue Sky Black Death delivers atmospheric beats throughout the album which in turn sometimes you may say..damn if only _your favorite rapper here_ could have spit on this album. This LP is NOT for you if you didnt appreciate the Warcloud era from Mr. Alcatraz. "I've waiting for four long years" for new shit from him. Lets get to the music shall we?

1) Plunder: The beat drops in immediately showing signs of a promising cd with somewhat of a vintage wu/premo hip hop sound. Holocaust brings in his strong voice and not his high pitch warcloud way of speaking. "Born of the sun/ i crash to the earth/ tormented,reviled/ i blast from the church"
    Beat 4/5 Lyrics 3.5/5 Flow 3.5/5

2)Twilight Zone: "Ron Sterling wrote every twilight zone" Even though this is not true its still random and rediculous to say in a rhyme but this is what i love about Holocaust. The beat is heavy with a strumming guitar along futuristic sounds and slicing hi hats. "I crash through the wooden door, splinters/ City disintegrated, remember/ The black heart is sinister/ White bolt of lighting/ Deceivers of crying came out of darkness"
    Beat 4.5/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 3.5/5

3)We Are All Well Known: I dont really like this track. Holocaust says some cool shit but it sounds like hes rushing it too much. "Find the violent kind/ the sun rewinds/a drunken kitten chasing a butterfly"
    Beat 3/5 Lyrics 3/5 Flow 2.5/5

4)What Can The Matter Be: "And caring for this gift from heaven/ the dark overlord watch/ i wield fire sitting from a pillar throne/ the fucking warlock" <- ill. The beat is kind of slow but it fits holocaust on this track nicely.
    Beat 4/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 4/5

5)God Be With You: Arguably the best track on the LP. The beat has a trancy chopped up violin sample along with other futuristic shit in the background. "A giant california bruin/ Youre just a broken machine who thinks hes a human" "And near the cottage in the woods an mc tries to walk and he cant move his feet/so he lifts his arms up to plea to god/ and is transformed as you see/ into an old stretching withered tree"

6)Monarchs: Ill wu-style beat. "Like a white spider in the dark/ tyrant to the art/ we defying every spark/ guns deadly to the heart" Starts showing signs of warcloud with "I be hustling with the monarchs from LA parts" repeating it.
    Beat 4/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 3.5/5

7)No image: Creepy ass beat with an old sounding lady singing the hook. "My lyrics are the spirits of mythical cerial killers turned physical" That pretty much sums up Holocaust. This guy loves vampires nowadays huh?
    Beat 4.5 Lyrics 5/5 Flow 3.5/5

8)The Ocean: The single from the LP. A lof of people are sleeping on this track. The beat is hard hitting in the car and holocaust kills it. "Punk i rain today construction vehicles on your parade/ I cut like a propeller blade/ What would you counter that with in a rap battle? lol.
    Beat 5.5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 4/5

9)Sinister: This track is a little too slow for my taste. "This is www.guninyourface.com". "Im the phantom of the megaplex bitch, the holocaust" "To kill me is like trying to find the snake that killed cleopatra" He shows signs that Warcloud is showing up for the rest of the album with the way he says "My rhymes take you to the outskirts of town and fucking kill you"
    Beat 3/5 Lyrics 3/5 Flow 3/5

10)Smoking Room: The beat is simple but is still pretty good. He basically tells a bunch of different stories on this track. Not one of the shining joints. Nice violin at the end. No crazy quotables really.

11)Lady of The Birds: Warcloud has arrived. Im gonna let you guys listen to this for yourselves and make youre own judgement because its pretty fucking rediculous.

12)The Worst: ILL beat. Piano with samples...kind of a mix with stoupe and premo. "I move like a large black sting ray in crystal waters" Crazy imagery. One of the better songs on the lp.

13)Killer Moth: Warcloud again. "Spiderman standing on the ceiling with my fucking arms crossed"!!!! Beat is slow but has good atmosphere to it. Skippable track.
    Beat 3/5 Lyrics 2/5 Flow 2/5

14)Wing To Wingfeather: Beat is pretty good. "Tropical islands are some of the least crowded places on the planet/ unless your on christmas island on the indian ocean" Damn the mescaline is really kicking in on this song.
    Beat 3/5 Lyrics 2/5 Flow 2/5

15)Crash: I heard this song awhile ago. Its pretty good. "Undead creatures are immune to sleep spells" Kind of slow but hey its holocaust.

So from my review you can see that this album to most will be seen as mediocre at best. The beats are very good but they arent anything ground breaking and as for Holocausts verses you can say the same thing. He repeats himself a lot and refers to vampires and box jellyfishes in almost every song. If youre not a warcloud fan then i wouldnt buy it. I personally think its great. New holocaust is always something i would welcome.

3.5/5
    It's a well thought out review .good job.

respect

I didn't really feel it much when I first got it, but I gave it a couple more listens and it's starting to grow on me. Smoking Room is my favourite track I think, the first few are all good though.

Master Of Long Beach SniperShot's Avatar

this is a great cd ive never heard anything from this dude cept for that song hes on in that bobby digital album. i like his voice altho at certain points his voice gets wierd and the beatz r just great.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Let's get something straight before we start - Holocaust is my favourite rapper by far.
    This is "The Best One-Man Show You Will Ever Hear" only Holocaust could bring such a vast amount of lyrics on a single LP.
    Blue Sky Black Death play their part as well, EVERY single beat is unbelivable capturing the mind of Holocaust superbly.As I said on the opening line no one features on the album, when he is in this Robot Tank Mode I don't think anyone would want or dare to join him on a track.
    (and actually test him)

1.Plunder -

Very underated track that starts off in the middle of the chourus.Listen in your headphones can you hear the morse code signal when he is doing the hook right at the begining and slowly through the track it gets lower, maybe something to do with th title?
    From when the first thing he says on this album is:
    "The kingdom of fame, Cherokee war dance of flame
    I plunder take you under to a world untamed"
    Enough said.

Twilight Zone -

When you hear this you think or I did "Yes Yes,He's Back The Old Holocaust" well not quite but much more aggressive than the first track.
    I still can't make out what he says just before he does the first verse I think he says "I'm promiscuous ???????" you will find this from time to time when in this Robot Tank Mode causing you to listen to it more and more.
    He seriously destroys this beat which is madness the chelo that comes in kills it in the chorus.

We All Are Well Known -

Starting from where he left off on the last track the beat is similar yet softer almost has a
    "Kill Bill" feel to it he raps incedible bringing dart after dart fact after fact.
    "Spray you for the tailors failure"

What Can The Matter Be -

I belive that this track is unbelivable, it's like Holocaust/Robot Tank is tested or really liked this beat because he goes back to the slower style from the first track and bless' it smoke a joint and zone out to this you will be transported!
    Also I belive that there is a message in the track - In the chorus he say's
    "I came from the Wu-Tang Academy...Ain't no man mad at me"
    To me this is unreal because I and many others belive that he is
    "The Greatest MC Alive" but he is paying homage to "The Wu-Tang Academy"
    aknowledging that that's where he came from and that's wher he should be.
    The second part of the message is right near the end the sample -
    The second man say's "What does he pay you for murdering me?"
    The first man replies "$500" I think that that is how much Holocaust charges for a verse...not nearly as much as certain other shit MC's or rappers charge!

God Be Wih You -

This is poetry in motion Robot Tank at his best he becomes one with the beat which is sheer genius, in fact this song is beautiful my joint favourite.

Monarchs -

This one is simply CRAZY the beat is like a Wu-Tang Killarmy track or somrthing, got that shaolin electric feel to it with sword-slahes and old harps.This reminds me of Holocaust trying to burst out of the Robot Tank at the end the screams "HOLOCAUST"

No Image -

But the Robot Tank is even stronger on this track.
    Oh dear as soon as this comes on you think "here we go" the beat reminds me of walking a lonely street at night, looking behind you.With none other than Nina Simone sampled for the chorus and Holocaust as Robot Tank rapping about a vampire story, pure sickness.

The Ocean -

Ill sample from a film I would have thought (anyone know)
    I don't know how he does it but this song is even better than the last in my opinion.Much more like the old Holocaust over a Grade-A beat with some crazy voices on it listen to the lyrics and imagine him on 8-Mile or a battle - they would call it off by the first verse.Probabally my second favourite.

Sinister -

If you have heard "I Catch Fire" Holocaust as Alcatraz you will see the comparison except this one is much much slow and he is Holocaust as Robot Tank.Again the beat is off the hook not worthy of other rappers freestyling over it.

The Smoking Room -

Listen to the stories.

Lady Of The Birds -

More of an interlude than a song very stange beat listen at the end.

The Worst-

My joint favourite on the album tied with "God Be With You" you seriously have to sit down and listen to this one the veses are ill but Robot Tank just sounds like he is taking the piss, just showing off almost with his slured speach.Straight BANGA and yet again the beat is pure quality.

Killer Moth -

If I was a boxer or gonna fight someone I would listen to this track but I would have to bring someone with me because I would get carried away, the beat is evil.
    You can really see the difference between Holocaust & Robot Tank on this one.

Wing To Wingfeather -

This is a masterpiece, yet again the beat is mucky continuously changing and thumping and again I can't see another MC over this beat because of what he does to it, espicially the second verse - "I have a crucifed mind"

Crash -

Save the best till last?
    This is erie this tune, strange - the chorus alone would blast most rappers out of the water.I think he thought to himself "Come on Holo show them"
    Like a few tracks on this album it is different to most rap tunes letting the beat speak for itself...doing what sounds like two seperate chorus' the last vesre of the CD is Savage - with elements from all his alter egos -

Holocaust/Warcloud/Alcatraz/Robot Tank

This is a masterpiece I hope that
    "But The End There Of...Are The Ways Of Death" is just as good or if it can surpass it.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 06-25-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    Let's get something straight before we start - Holocaust is my favourite rapper by far.
    This is "The Best One-Man Show You Will Ever Hear" only Holocaust could bring such a vast amount of lyrics on a single LP.
    Blue Sky Black Death play their part as well, EVERY single beat is unbelivable capturing the mind of Holocaust superbly.As I said on the opening line no one features on the album, when he is in this Robot Tank Mode I don't think anyone would want or dare to join him on a track.
    (and actually test him)

1.Plunder -

Very underated track that starts off in the middle of the chourus.Listen in your headphones can you hear the morse code signal when he is doing the hook right at the begining and slowly through the track it gets lower, maybe something to do with th title?
    From when the first thing he says on this album is:
    "The kingdom of fame, Cherokee war dance of flame
    I plunder take you under to a world untamed"
    Enough said.

Twilight Zone -

When you hear this you think or I did "Yes Yes,He's Back The Old Holocaust" well not quite but much more aggressive than the first track.
    I still can't make out what he says just before he does the first verse I think he says "I'm promiscuous ???????" you will find this from time to time when in this Robot Tank Mode causing you to listen to it more and more.
    He seriously destroys this beat which is madness the chelo that comes in kills it in the chorus.

We All Are Well Known -

Starting from where he left off on the last track the beat is similar yet softer almost has a
    "Kill Bill" feel to it he raps incedible bringing dart after dart fact after fact.
    "Spray you for the tailors failure"

What Can The Matter Be -

I belive that this track is unbelivable, it's like Holocaust/Robot Tank is tested or really liked this beat because he goes back to the slower style from the first track and bless' it smoke a joint and zone out to this you will be transported!
    Also I belive that there is a message in the track - In the chorus he say's
    "I came from the Wu-Tang Academy...Ain't no man mad at me"
    To me this is unreal because I and many others belive that he is
    "The Greatest MC Alive" but he is paying homage to "The Wu-Tang Academy"
    aknowledging that that's where he came from and that's wher he should be.
    The second part of the message is right near the end the sample -
    The second man say's "What does he pay you for murdering me?"
    The first man replies "$500" I think that that is how much Holocaust charges for a verse...not nearly as much as certain other shit MC's or rappers charge!

God Be Wih You -

This is poetry in motion Robot Tank at his best he becomes one with the beat which is sheer genius, in fact this song is beautiful my joint favourite.

Monarchs -

This one is simply CRAZY the beat is like a Wu-Tang Killarmy track or somrthing, got that shaolin electric feel to it with sword-slahes and old harps.This reminds me of Holocaust trying to burst out of the Robot Tank at the end the screams "HOLOCAUST"

No Image -

But the Robot Tank is even stronger on this track.
    Oh dear as soon as this comes on you think "here we go" the beat reminds me of walking a lonely street at night, looking behind you.With none other than Nina Simone sampled for the chorus and Holocaust as Robot Tank rapping about a vampire story, pure sickness.

The Ocean -

Ill sample from a film I would have thought (anyone know)
    I don't know how he does it but this song is even better than the last in my opinion.Much more like the old Holocaust over a Grade-A beat with some crazy voices on it listen to the lyrics and imagine him on 8-Mile or a battle - they would call it off by the first verse.Probabally my second favourite.

Sinister -

If you have heard "I Catch Fire" Holocaust as Alcatraz you will see the comparison except this one is much much slow and he is Holocaust as Robot Tank.Again the beat is off the hook not worthy of other rappers freestyling over it.

The Smoking Room -

Listen to the stories.

Lady Of The Birds -

More of an interlude than a song very stange beat listen at the end.

The Worst-

My joint favourite on the album tied with "God Be With You" you seriously have to sit down and listen to this one the veses are ill but Robot Tank just sounds like he is taking the piss, just showing off almost with his slured speach.Straight BANGA and yet again the beat is pure quality.

Killer Moth -

If I was a boxer or gonna fight someone I would listen to this track but I would have to bring someone with me because I would get carried away, the beat is evil.
    You can really see the difference between Holocaust & Robot Tank on this one.

Wing To Wingfeather -

This is a masterpiece, yet again the beat is mucky continuously changing and thumping and again I can't see another MC over this beat because of what he does to it, espicially the second verse - "I have a crucifed mind"

Crash -

Save the best till last?
    This is erie this tune, strange - the chorus alone would blast most rappers out of the water.I think he thought to himself "Come on Holo show them"
    Like a few tracks on this album it is different to most rap tunes letting the beat speak for itself...doing what sounds like two seperate chorus' the last vesre of the CD is Savage - with elements from all his alter egos -

Holocaust/Warcloud/Alcatraz/Robot Tank

This is a masterpiece I hope that
    "But The End There Of...Are The Ways Of Death" is just as good or if it can surpass it.
    good summary whers,if whut u say is true( which im sure it is) this is a must cop, at first i considered holocaust as just an oddity in hip hop, but the more i hear from him the more i start 2 appreciate his incredible lyricism an now i consider him one of the best in the game at the moment i will definetly b coppin this

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Yeah Sleep you should definatly check out this album one of the best in my vast collection.

Long live "The Robot Tank"

~

"The Impact Will Rip You'r Shoulders Off
    There Are Soldiers On The Dark Side Of The Planet Who Walk
    He Hold's The Key
    To Destroy Their Enemy"

THE QUIET SOLDIER

OK.............I would rate this just below Heavy Mental as being the best Wu-Fam release...........yep even better than Kilarmy...........and that pains me to say cause I love those guys.

From start to finish this is a no-skip album.

Every track - from beats to lyrics..............

One word would sum up this album.........CLASSIC!!!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default The Holocaust Album Is Underatted

The Holocaust Album Wit Production From Black Sky Blue Death Was A Dopely Underratted Album, I'm Just Saying