• Mediocore

1 4.17%
  • Wack

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunz Of Man - Elements

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Sunz Of Man - Elements

1. In The Beginning 2. Must B Tha Music 3. Who Are The Sunz Of Man? 4. Oh! Now You Bangin' 5. Bring Back The Mic 6. Ghetto Government 7. Champagne Room 8. Deep In The Water 9. Elements 10. Like It Or Not 11. Hell Hole 12. Hot Line 13. The Law 14. The Sins Of Men 15. What We Came To Do 16. Lulla Bye 17. Combat 18. Sunz Of Man Court 19. B.B.P... Business Before Pleasure 20. Rowdy, Rowdy

1. In The Beginning - Intro
    2. Must B Tha Music - This is a hot opener. I forgot who opens up the track, but 60 Sec. comes in and smashes it like crazy. His flow on here is mad nice. Hell Razah comes in and doesn't disappoint at all and Prodigal Sunn just put the finishing touches on the track. 4.5/5
    3. Who Are The Sunz Of Man? - This shit is fire right here. Hell Razah Killed this shit "The Ignorance Brain Surgeon". Prodigal Sunn has an ill flow on this track and spits raw. Killah Priest Had some shit on here I couldn't understand the first few of his lines but it was hot though lol. 60 sec got his Next Up verse on here. 4.5/5
    4. Oh! Now You Bangin' - Nice track by Hell Razah. I like the beat it sounds like someone beeper is going off and shit. Lyrics are sharp. Hell Razah is bringing the pain as usual. 4.5/5
    5. Bring Back The Mic - This shit is cool right here the flows are wild on here lyrics are sharp. 60 sec is weak on this one, I'm just not feeling the vibe on here. 3.5/5
    6. Ghetto Government - This shit is hot. Timbo delivered some nice shit on here dropping that knowledge I wasn't expecting him to come like that. The Beat is mad nice aswell. Killah priest and Hell Razah killed this. 5/5
    7. Champange room - It's weak, I'm not feeling gthis track at all, all you females should still listen to it though. 3/5
    8. Deep in The water - This is one of them wtf? tracks lol. They'll spitting ill knowledge on here though don't get me wrong lol. Priest is on some other shit on here. 3.5/5
    9. Elements - This my shit right here everything is calm. The beat is calm and most of the MC's are too. They just flowing toghther P-Sunn sounds angry though which kinda messes up the vibe. 4/5
    10. Like it or Not - This is my shit Hell Razah opens it nice "Fuck 5-0 we hop out the black tahoe". I think the second verse is Trebag and he comes correct. The beat is just raw on here. Everyone killed it P-Sunn's flow is hot too. 4.5/5
    11. Hell Hole - I like this shit right here. Beat is raw and Hell razah is doing his thing on here so no complaints. 4/5
    12. Hot Line - I love this shit niggaz be hanging up when they get too much knowledge. Hell Razah shows he could hold it down on the solo tip. 4.5/5
    13. The Law - Classic. 60 sec finally didn't fuck up. Everyone got classic shit on here. All the verses are nice and the beat is just perfect for the song. Eveything matches up well.5/5
    14. The Sins Of Man - Great title it was a sin making this shit. Priest sounds like he's crying while trying to take a shit. I can't get into this one right here. 3/5
    15. What We came To Do - This shit is cool but average. Nothing too special but not wack either. 3.5/5
    16. Lulla Bye - This is my shit too. "Life is a game that the blacks never win" Lol Hell Razah and P-Sunn be keeping it raw on here, that's what I love about the Sunz. 4.5/5
    17. Combat - They going to war! I love this shit too. Hell Razah and I forgot the other guys name I think it's 7th, but they both going hard on here and the beat is just Raw. 5/5
    18. Sunz Of Man Court - At first I ain't like this shit but It defintely grew on me. Shabazz comes nice on here. Raw track.. 4/5
    19. B.B.P. - It was an ok track but the chick fucks it up completely. Hell Razah came correct though. 3/5
    20. Rowdy,Rowdy - I like this shit right here, Hell Razah starts ripping it then it just cuts off. It's too short. 4/5

Overall 4.5/5
    Lyrics 4.5/5
    Beats 4.5/5
    This album is very confusing. Some tracks they say good things about god then they turn around and say "go to hell with the god i must pray too" lol confusing shit right there, The album is still hot though. Some people may not call this an album but it's sounds like one lol.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 04-26-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

Actually I saw this in the local stores one day picked it up and said you know what I wasn't too thrilled with the one album I had by them the las shall be first so I put it down. I mean they are good but they need to step it up. They can be a lot better because really they are some of the few wu fam that actually have their own idenity. Never heard of it so I'll just not rate it
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

You weren't feeling the last shall be first? It's a great cd man give it another try. Mad knowledge being dropped on it.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Isnt elements a combination of their first album that wasn't released and some unreleased songs? In anycase I grew to like this album, not better than The last shall be first though.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Yeah It's not. Still a great cd.

"Bump" Nobody copped this?

i got it off i tunes recently. i think its dope. i wasn't expecting much due to the fact this was just a bunch of unreleased tracks that weren't supposed to come out in the first place. but it really surprised me. of course its not gonna be as good as their first LP because of the reason i just stated, but its still fire. i always took this as a mixtape or a bootleg but i guess it dropped as an LP according to "staycreepin". i give it a 4.
    BTW nice review but i disagree with deep in the water. i thought the same thing but that track grew heavily on me. shabazz spits one of the most insane verses i heard. in my opinion i give that track a 4.5

I was waiting for you to reply. lol That other track Sins of Men Shabazz starts flowing on it, I was listening to it last night. Priest still sounds like hes crying.

LOL! i seen the thread was revived on sunz so i had to say somethin. sinz of men is ill until priest comes in. i like his rhymes but he sounds a little to exaggereated when he does that cryin shit, or whatever it is. i usually try to ignore his verse & vibe off the beat. i agree wit u on elements. luv that track. i give it a 5.

When was this released?

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i've seen this in the stores a couple times n never knew if i shood buy it cuz i bought Saviorz Day on a whim once and HAAAATED it....i'm gonna dl this and get back...

Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    When was this released?
    Awhile ago. I think It came out under the new name in 2004. But I think it was first called "The First Testament". Hell Razah has a different voice and flow but he is ripping it.

Yeah, i was well disapointed in Saviors Day. I think i'll dl this and get back, will defo put up the cahs if its worth it though

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Awhile ago. I think It came out under the new name in 2004. But I think it was first called "The First Testament". Hell Razah has a different voice and flow but he is ripping it.
    your right. elements also has a few more tracks than 1st testament. hell razah was mad young when these tracks were recorded. he sounds just like he did on the 1st sunz single 5 arch angels. that was back in like 94 or 95.

saviorz day wasn't that bad for me. this is actually better. that album has its bangers

^^^Your on point again with your post. Do you know how old Hell Razah was? He has that same voice on "Wake Up".