Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Homophobia in Hip-Hop

FRESH FISH

Default Homophobia in Hip-Hop

Y'all are bigots and you are part of a bigger industry of hate. whats this (no homo) shit. or calling someone's appreciation of Nelly "gay". Do you realize that is who someone is?

That's so fucked up. Hip-Hop has been about the struggle for equality, that's why it was created. Now its become an oppressive force of its own.

I realize you don't mean something is "gay" when you say it is. But that is what you are saying.

Y'all are fucked up. welcome to the 21st century. This ain't the 60's no more

Just for this pointless rant your thread has officially become GAY!!!

Shut the fuck up and stop taking things so seriously.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

MCs have big ego's, it doesnt go together with gay. Plus most of us believe in reproduction. We might be a little overdoing it. But the media is getting took over by gay men, acting all feminine getting theyre nails done.

FRESH FISH

Default Being fond of reproduction is a bullshit argument

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tality View Post
    MCs have big ego's, it doesnt go together with gay.

no its not that simple. You just made two giant sweeping stereotypes.

y'all are coming from such a bad place.

The worse thing is you aren't seriously bashing homosexuals when you say "gay" its so ingrained in your lifestyle to hate on a lifestyle.

Back to my original point which has not been countered.

Hip-Hop was founded in response to oppression and inequality. How does one justify hip-hop's current position on the front lines of the oppressive force that breeds hate against homosexuals.
    Last edited by cboals; 09-11-2006 at 03:18 PM.

This thread makes me want to go shopping (no homo).

i think i'm high

you say no homo for if you say something that could be interpreted as gay, letting folk know that you don't mean it in a gay way....it's not like saying faggot stop being so sensative...

Realness

When you say no homo, you say it because you just said something that someone with homo tendancies is gonna take literally. Your taking it way too seriously, I have never once heard a hip hop lyric about faggot bashing. Hip Hop isn't breeding a generation of homo haters, the generation itself is breeding a generation of homo haters. It's your choice to respect gays, its my choice to hate them and I'm not homophobic either.
    Ghostface says fake words, like sprinkle noodles
    on your hembri...the fucks a hembri?

-ThaShaolinAssassin

FRESH FISH

(no homo) is said to protect oneself from being percieved as less than masculine. Its only a tactic of fear from judgement.

Think about this lots of performers are homosexuals, this could potentially fit them into a stereotype. Since you are all fond of stereotyping, think about this what if all the wu was gay.

would you still respect them for all they've done to innovate the game.

i realize using the word faggot, gay, (no homo) doesnt constitute direct gaybashing but they are all phrases derived from hateful discriminatory slang much like their brethren (chink, nigger, and wetback)

Those words hurt a lot of us, so why are y'all such fuckin' hypocrites?

i think i'm high

Quote Originally Posted by TRiLOGY View Post
    When you say no homo, you say it because you just said something that someone with homo tendancies is gonna take literally. Your taking it way too seriously, I have never once heard a hip hop lyric about faggot bashing. Hip Hop isn't breeding a generation of homo haters, the generation itself is breeding a generation of homo haters. It's your choice to respect gays, its my choice to hate them and I'm not homophobic either.

haha listen to Visions of Ghandhi by jedi-mind tricks, ikon the hollogram dissapears and you have this fake gangsta hateful troll named vinnie paz on the mic

Realness

i think i'm high

Quote Originally Posted by cboals View Post
    (no homo) is said to protect oneself from being percieved as less than masculine. Its only a tactic of fear from judgement.

Think about this lots of performers are homosexuals, this could potentially fit them into a stereotype. Since you are all fond of stereotyping, think about this what if all the wu was gay.

would you still respect them for all they've done to innovate the game.

i realize using the word faggot, gay, (no homo) doesnt constitute direct gaybashing but they are all phrases derived from hateful discriminatory slang much like their brethren (chink, nigger, and wetback)

Those words hurt a lot of us, so why are y'all such fuckin' hypocrites?
    i'm sorry but no homo is not the same thing as faggot, faggot is a disrespectful and hateful word. no homo is different.

Realness

Chuck faggots into vats of hydrochloric acid. Flame on. I'm not homophobic either, I'm straight anti-homo. pf ft.
    Man in general was not put on this planet too fuck another mans ass crack. period.

FRESH FISH

ok so we differ on our feelings about no homo, but Im still disgusted and no one has yet to justify this blatant hypocricy of the once hated, joining in on the judgement and oppression of others

no its not that simple. You just made to giant sweeping stereotypes.
    So did you, when you stereotype all rappers being homophobic

The worse thing is you aren't seriously bashing homosexuals when you say "gay" its so ingrained in your lifestyle to hate on a lifestyle.
    That is true that it is ingrained in some lifestyles, but are you talking about the rappers that make records, the people that live hip-hop culture, or the people that listen to the genre? Im getting confused with the direction.

Back to my original point which has not been countered.

Hip-Hop was founded in response to oppression and inequality. How does one justify hip-hop's current position on the front lines of the oppressive force that breeds hate against homosexuals.
    When hip-hop was founded, it was a response to specific oppression and inequality and it is obvious what it was. At that time homosexuals were still oppressed. It has only been in the last few years that homosexuals have made major progress and have been accepted into society. To change hip-hops position on that specific oppression force, it would take a gay rapper that people will listen to....and this point people are still not ready to accept.

Why there is hate towards homosexuals in hip-hop? There are a few reasons, one is the emcees know that their listeners are homophobic so they follow suit to get an audience. A second reason is the point you shot down: hip-hop is very egotistic.

In a parellel case, some emcees have made attempts to give women equality, yet there is still a lot of content in the music that still degrades women

You don't see guys dancing around hip hop videos for a reason, hip hop is full of men who love women and its usually written for men who love women. Besides, homosexuality is wrong, God created a man and woman for a reason....
    Ghostface says fake words, like sprinkle noodles
    on your hembri...the fucks a hembri?

-ThaShaolinAssassin

No homo is so gay.