Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Li's new project!

Default Jet Li's Last Martial Arts Movie?!?

'Fearless'

Starring: Jet Li
    (Fist of Legend, Unleashed, Once Upon a Time in China, Kiss of the Dragon)

Director: Ronny Yu
    (Bride of Chucky, Bride with White Hair, Freddy vs. Jason, Warriors of Virtue)

Action Director: Yuen Woo-ping
    (Fist of Legend, Kill Bill vol.1&2, The Matrix trilogy, Kung Fu Hustle)

Producer: Bill Kong
    (Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers)

The film tells the story of Martial Arts Legend Huo Yuanjia a.k.a. Fok Yun-gap (the Master of Jet Li’s character Chen Zhen in Fist Of Legend) son of a famous Martial Arts practitioner who dreams of following in his father's footsteps and continuing his legacy. The story starts with young Huo Yuanjia accidentally killing his opponent, son of a local tyrant, during a match. The local tyrant then vows revenge on Huo Yuanjia so he goes into hiding where he spends a few years in a small village in Thailand. During of which, a half-blind girl named Yue Ci, becomes his spiritual guide and they develop a special bond. Ultimately, Li’s character Huo Yuanjia must come out of hiding to defend the honor of his country in an international tournament. In the end he defeats a foreign fighter in Shanghai and becomes a national hero. The film is said to be recruiting fighters from many backgrounds with different styles like Wrestling, Wushu, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Kickboxing, Judo, etc. The film deals with the growth and eventual realization of Huo Yuan Jia, the character is portrayed as an ordinary person, rather than the exalted status of a folk hero. It depicts Huo Yuan Jia as a man of principles, restraint, and great forbearance who doesn’t believe in violence and in paying back his enemy in their own coin.

The real life Chinese Martial Arts Master Huo Yuanjia was born around 1868, and died around 1910… Huo Yuanjia was the founder and spiritual guru of infamous Martial Arts School Chin Woo (Jing Wu)… He grew up very weak and always sick, his family didn't let him practice Martial Arts although everyone else in the family did. So Huo learned his family art with out the family knowing, and actually got himself stronger. Besides learning his family's own unique style of martial arts, Huo kept an open-mind and was very accepting of other styles. He traveled and learned the strong points of other arts, and combined them into his own style called "Mi Zhong Quan", or the "Fist of Lost/No Origins" -- much like the philosophy behind Bruce Lee's "Jeet Kune Do". But of course, Huo lived in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Huo became an instant national hero after defeating a Russian fighter who claimed to be the best fighter alive, and that the entire Chinese race was too weak to beat him. After Huo's victory, several foreigner challengers all failed to defeat Huo in attempts to reclaim their race superiorities. Later on, Huo developed an asthma-like disorder that just wouldn’t go away, and was killed after some conspirators and enemies (Japanese/foreign oppositions that disliked his heroic status among the Chinese) poisoned his cough medicine. There comes the story of "Chinese Connection/Fist of Fury/Fist of Legend" made famous by the Bruce Lee and Jet Li films, which are known so well, where Chen Zhen avenges his master's wrongful death.

Default Re: Jet Li's new project!

News:

"That's the Breaks"
    Jet Li and a stunt actor were doing a fight scene on a platform roughly 40 feet above ground level, 3 to 4 stories high, when the stunt actor ended up taking a step backwards off the platform and fell. The stunt actor was going to put on wire-harness as safety-precaution but decided not to at the last minute, even with an advising reminder from legendary action choreographer Yuen Woo Ping… Thankfully he landed on a mattress they placed beneath the platform and he’ll be okay… A doctor was on site to offer medical aid, there appears to be no fractures, just some minor injuries to the limbs. The director gave him a few days' leave.

Martial Arts Actor Additions:

Michelle Yeoh a.k.a. Michelle Khan joined the cast. Ya'll should most definitely know her with these movies on her resume... She played Yu Shu Lien in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, she was Wai Lin in 007: Tomorrow Never Dies, she was Yim Wing Chun in Wing Chun, she played Inspector Jessica Yang in Supercop a.k.a. Police Story 3, & she was also Siu Lin in Twin Warriors a.k.a. Tai Chi Master.

Sing Ngai a.k.a. Collin Chou was recruited. He played Seraph in The Matrix movies… He was also The Movie Star/Hung Sing in Dr. Wai: The Scripture with No Words… He played a Thug in My Father Is a Hero a.k.a. The Enforcer… He also played Wong in Bodyguard from Beijing a.k.a. The Defender… & he was Sung Ching Su in Lord of the Wu Tang a.k.a. Kung Fu Cult Master.

Hung Yan-yan a.k.a. Xiong Xin Xin has joined the set... That's my man Triple X! He played Kung in Once Upon A Time In China 2, but he's better known as Club-Foot a.k.a. Seven from Once Upon A Time In China 3, 4, 5, & 6! He also played Jimmy in Black Mask.

Ji Chun Hua a.k.a. Gai Chun-Wa who played Ma Ling-Yee in New Legend of Shaolin a.k.a. Legend of the Red Dragon, he played Yu in The Legend 2 a.k.a. Fong Sai Yuk 2, & he was He Sao in Jet Li's Shaolin Temple movies.

Yu Cheng Hui a.k.a. Yue Hoi a.k.a. Yu Hai the Sifu from the Shaolin Temple films, and Tai Chi Master a.k.a. Twin Warriors.

Jewel Li Fei a.k.a. Jewel Lee, the Miss Macau beauty pageant winner and billed by some as Michelle Yeoh's successor… You might remember her as Jing from Naked Weapon.

Nathan Jones, who you might know from WWF Smackdown! & WWE Velocity… Recently he played Boagrius in Troy. He was also a Hit-Man in Jackie Chan’s Police Story 4 a.k.a. First Strike.

More Acting Additions:

Japanese director/writer/producer/actor Masato Harada joined the cast.

Chinese actress Sun Li has joined the film.

Japanese singer/actress Noriko Sakai joined the cast.

Hong Kong actress Paw Hee Ching has joined the set.

Japanese actor Shidou Nakamura joined the film.

Dong Yong has joined the film's cast.

The Sigung(Sifu's Master) ThePharaohNosferatu's Avatar

Movie looks awesom, cant wait for it to hit the big screen, it is my time to go and look for the release date!

"Yo MC's wonder what's hip-hop thunder
    Tell you the truth it's just one nation under" - RZA

.:1 Nation Under:. l .:Hip-Hop Release Dates Thread:. l .:Upcoming Movies Thread:. l .:1 Nation Under Battle Tournament:.(MCs Needed to Join)

Nice!!!!!

yea i knew about this for a long time......

i cant wait for it to drop

LikeWize.

what movie is this from?

jet li shit looks bannanas

News:

Jet Li's Last Movie?!?
    Reporters on the set of Jet Li's new movie 'Fearless' speak with Jet about his future in making movies…

"I stepped into the martial arts movie market when I was only 16. I think I have proved my ability in this field and it won't make sense for me to continue for another five or 10 years. 'Huo Yuanjia' a.k.a. 'Fearless' is the conclusion to my life as a martial arts star," said Li.

The 'Huo Yuenjia' project 'Fearless' is a film the star wanted to make nearly ten years ago. The project finally took flight two years ago in response to a report that stated 280,000 Chinese committed suicide in 2003.

"It's a shocking number," said Li. "That's why I wanted to shoot such a film. I wanted to tell people that we couldn't choose our birth, but we should be brave and courageous enough to get through to the end of our lives. A lot of people in the world commit suicide and they don't appreciate their life and their family. I want to tell all the people around the world -- regardless of religion, color, or culture -- that you have to value life and family; to not complain too much about others and external forces that you cannot control. The biggest enemy is one's self."

Li's other aim with the 'Huo Yuenjia' movie 'Fearless' is to further educate audiences about the true meaning of martial arts. "A lot of journalists ask me, "You always say violence is not the only solution. How do you show it through film?" I have tried to show this in 'Hero' and in 'Unleashed'. I believe my next film will also show you very clearly. Many movies blur the line between martial arts and violence. But the fact is that they are completely different. I want to convey to the audience what martial arts means to me -- why do we practice kung fu, what is the essence of martial arts and what are the authentic Chinese martial arts? I am working very hard to use the experiences I have gained from my life, my film career and my understanding of martial arts to make a very meaningful film. I hope to use this film and character to let people understand what is really important and dear to my heart. I also want to explain once and for all the meaning of wushu and kungfu.

Looking ahead, Jet says he will spend around 10 years making a documentary film on Buddhism, interviewing many people from around the world. He’s also establishing "Coming Together fund" and he wants to put together a psychiatrist aid to help people who are contemplating suicide. After having a close brush with death himself during the tsunami that swept through South Asia on December 26, 2004 he’s decided to commit more of his time to his “ONE Foundation” whose main goal will be to provide relief to the victims of natural disasters by offering emergency rescue and response, post-disaster recovery, rebuilding, disease prevention, long-term support, especially psychological and post-trauma support. Jet Li says he plans spending much less time making movies, unless he gets offered some great scripts.

For more on Jet Li’s “ONE Foundation” Click Below…

Wow, no responses? This may very well be Jet Li's last martial arts movie!

nah, he'll come back

it will be one of his best movies.....when it comes out...

i can'T wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tality
    nah, he'll come back

Not if he keeps getting offered shitty scripts, he’s sick of making movies like ‘Romeo Must Die’ when people can clearly see now he can really act… I think he just want to make movies that allow him to convey messages that are important to him like in ‘Unleashed’ a.k.a. ‘Danny the Dog’… Otherwise he can spend his time better by helping people with his charities and foundations. But I think he will be offered some great scripts… There’s already talk about the director of ‘Hero’ & ‘House of Flying Daggers’ Zhang Yimou might unite Jackie Chan and Jet Li in a new Martial Art Film. Zhang Yimou's partner producer Zhang Weiping said they were still working on the script for the long-awaited project with Jackie Chan and they might even ask Jet Li to join the cast as well. Zhang Weiping said this film would show a completely new Jackie Chan and would not be another Jackie Chan comedy. Jackie Chan is very excited by the project and both of them said they had been looking for an opportunity to work in the same film. But with Jet Li’s latest announcement who knows if it will ever happen. I think it's a good idea, considering how Jackie wants more money than Jet if they do a co-star thing... This way Jackie is happy because he's making more money than Jet by being the star... I guess I'll take my Jackie & Jet combo how ever I can get it. Either way we will have to wait for Zhang Yimou to finish his current project he’s working on with Chow Yun-Fat and Gong Li that starts shooting February 06’.

yea ..i mean if he can get stuff like his next movie .. or a movie with a meaning soe good stuff like back in the day stuff. like fist of legend..

I think if the movie deals with Buddhism he will do it for sure, like the 'Tibetan Monk in New York' project he's been wanting to make. If they came to him with a really good script and screenplay, he'll do it in a heartbeat! He really wants to spread Buddhist knowledge around the globe.