Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats your take on The W

Default whats your take on The W

I have a heard a lot of people talk about how they did not like the W as much as the other wu-tang albums. Whats everyones idea on this? I for one thought some of the slickest trask were on this album. Chambers music the fist song on the cd blows me away as well as pretty much every song on there.
    Even snoop dogg was lucky enough to be invited to rap with odb in mc conditioner.
    Also what happened to the iron flag i can not believe that was even put out by the same group i hope to go they put out better shit then that from now on. also has there been any news on a new cd or no? peace

Default Re: whats your take on The W

8/10

Hate That Snoop Song

Redbull Is Iight

Pussy Ass Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by gi0vanni
    create man you're always bitching at people. you need to take a chill pill. you jump on people every chance you get.

Mandatory Death

i love the album...

FRESH FISH

Iron Flag shits on The W IMO... theres no need for non-Wu appearances like fucking snoop when u got talent like Shyheim and Killah Preist.. i don't get why u dont like Iron Flag tracks like In the Hood, Dashing, Ya'll been warned, Uzi, Radioactive, Rules.... I mean shit half the album is damn near classic.... The W is just weak in comparison to other Wu efforts... almost commercial... its got its share of hits but as an album has less of a Wu feel i guess...

Veteran Member

iron flag > the W, imo

they both have faults, but they both have some solid tracks, too

FRESH FISH

I don't think its a shitty album just the worst of the clan albums

Veteran Member

which, yo?

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

I hated this album when it first came out! I only liked a few songs like, "Proteck ya neck jump off", "Hollow bones", Shit come 2 think of it? Those were the only 2 songz i liked at first. Then after having it for a whole year i started to like other songz. It took me until late 2001 to really start liking this album. Being that Iron Flag was so dreadful to listen to, it made The W sound really great! Another reason why i didn't like it at first is because i was expecting something really major! Coming after the great Wu-tang Forever i was expecting another mind blowing album! And The W just isn't that. So i was disappointed! But i come 2 accept it for what it is, and it soundz good to me now.

It has itz own unique sound! I wish RZA would've let 4th Disciple and Tru Master produce a few trax on there!! And let some members of Killarmy feature on there instead of Nas, Busta, Redman, and snoop. I felt that wu didn't need those mainstream features. It pissed me off to see them on there at first! But now itz kool i got over it.

So yea i like the album now...
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

I met 4th Disciple @ club speed in NYC back in april 2000 he was at the Gravediggaz party there with FruKwan and Too Poetic. I was building with him a little bit. I was tellin him that i'm a big fan of his production, and he's one of my favorite producers. I asked him if he was gonna produce any songs on the new clan album thatz coming out? (which at that time was The W). He said i want to but naaah RZA is being kinda selfish with this one. He's doing them all himself. I was like damn! But oh well what can ya say? RZA's the boss at the end of the day he has the last word.
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

8.5 outta 10

Swordsman

this is my least favorite clan album. i hate the wack synth of "redbull," anyone could make that beat. the dope songs are:

chamber music
    careful
    PYN
    gravel pit

others range from good to bad. shyheim said in an interview and in a song lyric that he was kinda mad at rza for choosing snoop over him or other killa beez. The W is the clan at their most mainstream. that's not to say it doesn't have its bangers, but it has wack guests, some wack beats, and cappadonna (who most should know i can't stand). some people say the W is like 36 chambers in 2000....i don't think so at all. it wasn't raw, it wasn't a positive upgrade from 36 and Forever. iron flag was what brought that grimy shit with y'all been warned, iron flag, etc.

but that GZA freestyle is murder...

^^^^ Completly agree

The W is a hott album I like the tracks. Some arent great but there all at least decent

love this album, the best production of the four albums and 2nd best produced of all wu albums.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    love this album, the best production of the four albums and 2 best produced of all wu albums.
    Word
    That shit is hot!