Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins vs Taylor: Fight of the year

Default Re: Hopkins vs Taylor: Fight of the year

All you motherfuckers that said Hopkins was going to win this fight easily need to sit down. I called it, Jermaine Taylor is the new champ, split decision down to the scorecard.

Quote Originally Posted by rynmur04
    You all know that Jermaine had to get his mother's permission before he started boxing?
    His mother gave him permission to beat that ass all nite long last nite...

Veteran Member

Hopkins gave him that fight, from the 8th on Hopkins clearly won the match. He just had a fuck up stragety thats all and it didnt work for him. He will win the rematch

Da Silent One

It's good to see a new champion anyway Hopkins waited to long to fight he gave him the early rounds then played catch up. 1 more rounds hopkins wins by knock out
    it was a good fight overall

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Dog, as usual, I am correct

Prince Rai

haha, wrong prediction this time round, but what a fight...

not that bernard was taken 2 skul or anything tho, we need a rematch... i predict late jan, then who wins is clearly the new propa king of the middle class categoryy

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Princerai, I scored the bout 115-112. Dog Taylor out boxed him but ran out of gas and started looking like a bitch. But Hopkins knows the game and did not perform to win the fight. You cant win a fight by winning 5 rounds. He was such a sore loser. LOL bro Taylor gained so much respect. Hopkins talking all that shit to the young brother, then losing. In the rematch I still think Taylor will win because he has gained a wealth of experience! Hopkins did not go out with class.

man it was to close because i didnt see taylor really hurt hopkins with any clear and hard shots. although he was the more agressive for about 7 rounds. he dies out at the end and was shook espiecially in round 10. i wouldnt disagree with the decision but i wouldnt call it a clear win. maybe a draw even. rematch

FRESH FISH

After taylor's last fight, I said "thats who needs to fight Hopkins". I like both guys so I have no bias. I kinda felt like Taylor would win, I was leaning that way, but I thought it would be close.

I gotta say, I was a little surprised. He usually just lays back the first 4 rounds, and then starts doing his thing, saving his energy for the middle to late rounds. Thats what he was doing, but I think he didn't expect taylor to have so much energy. Hopkins lost rounds 6,7, and 8, I'm sure he didn't count on that. He dominated from 8 on. Even the early rounds that he lost, it was really only due to Taylor being more aggressive cuz he wasn't landing a lot of punches either.

Even though I was saying that this was gonna be hopkins hardest test, I was disappointed with Taylor. He's young, fast, and has powerful, but he looked kinda sloppy as far as boxing skills go. All those over the head power punches were sloppy. I think hopkins showed he was the better and smarter boxer, he just waited to long to show that.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

^^^^ on point with your anaylzes!

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio
    Princerai, I scored the bout 115-112. Dog Taylor out boxed him but ran out of gas and started looking like a bitch. But Hopkins knows the game and did not perform to win the fight. You cant win a fight by winning 5 rounds. He was such a sore loser. LOL bro Taylor gained so much respect. Hopkins talking all that shit to the young brother, then losing. In the rematch I still think Taylor will win because he has gained a wealth of experience! Hopkins did not go out with class.
    i must agree bro, yo taylor did his best, i think hopkins in the end was like "waa... yo im losingg!!" and then tried harder, but rematch should be harder for taylor, considering hopkins wanted to retire champ....

we shall c!!!!
    cnt wait 4 anything from these 2 now!

Mr Wuniverse

Scary outcome for me.

1 - Hopkins losing a rematch = another fuckin good fighter gonna retire.

2 - Taylor was not even close to his best. Lot of talent that never came out, lotta potential for future n he still won it. Taylor gonna be deadly in a few years.

The hing I been hinkin about is, was the result good for boxing? Fuck aye. A 40 year old champ dominating the division is embarrasing for the 4 organisations. As good as Hopkins is, it tells you sumtin about the rest. I called the fight Taylor by 3 rounds. But Hopkins possibly taking a 10-8 in 1 of the later. Had it been a draw it be fair in my eyes coz Ima believer in that to take a champs belt you gotta do it with conviction. But no way the boards were gonna give it to Hopkins on a close 1.

Still be sad to see Hopkins retire. But I hink the division needed a new champ to spark some appetite.
    Peace!

Wu Vatican

anyone have anything to say about the one judge who gave the 12th round to taylor?! that's fuckin ridiculous, everybody knows the end of the fight was all hopkin's right hand backing up the kid. if that one scorecard wasn't so fuct/rigged, the fight would be a draw. hopkins didn't do enough to win, but taylor did NOT do enough to take his belts. should have been a draw.

FRESH FISH

it sucks he lost split decision

Taylor's eye was cut on a headbutt in the 5th round, so they gave him a short suspension meaning that if theirs a rematch it won't be until December.