Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my problem with Bronze Nazareth

Default my problem with Bronze Nazareth

He's like the Rolling Stones of the Wu-Elements. He's definately very good at what he does, but what he does is pure imitation.

I was SHOCKED to find that the intro, and the song "Think Differently" on that compilation were NOT produced by RZA. He took little things that RZA doesnt do on purpose and crowbarred them into the beat.. even using shitty keyboard presets (see: "White Lightning" from Kill Bill) and bad simulated drum rolls (see: "Stay In Your Lane" - if you HAVE to and "Child's Play")

Then I heard "Ringing Bells" - no doubt this was produced by True Master. It has all the signature tremelo guitar samples etc. NOPE! Bronze Nazareth as True Master instead..

What I like about him is, well, I like the Wu-Tang sound.. and quite frankly RZA hasn't really been bringing that.. so Bronze outdid RZA on his own album! His work on that album is great.

he also uses film clips ineffectively.. like sampling Farrakhan on "Ringing Bells" is a little awkward.. and has nothing to do with anything on the song.. and when he sampled "Memories" on "The Birth".. it's like a douche-chill moment. If he learns some tact he'll be better.

He needs to keep doing what he does well, and stop making simulations of RZA or True Master tracks. It's also hard for me to take him as seriously since I knew him from Wu-Tang internet forums back in the day

is he considered an 'official' Wu-Element ? I'm not sure if there is a such thing.. because would Goldfhingaz and Darkim count too?

I look at him as a fan who got on.

well Rza says he's an official wu element so go tell Rza he is wrong.

yeah he does sounds like rza but so do 4th, true, math, and inspectah deck. all those guys took elements of Rza's style and added it to theirs.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

no one deliberately copied their tracks

4th doesnt sound like RZA and True, who was producing before he even knew RZA, doesn't sound like him.. and y-kim DEFINATELY has his own sound..

Mathematics was kindof a copycat producer in terms of the samples/breaks he used.. but he's gone off of that a little since he started

i'm sure when they use simulated drum rolls and shit it's intentional, i thought it sounded phat on 'child's play'. yes, ringing bells sounded like tru masta, but i disagree with everything else you said. Bronze does produce within the parameters of 'wu sound' but he has his own style within that context, his shit has alot more old soul and blues influences. that track he produced with Vast Aire, Timbo, et al sounds nothing like RZA. His sample on Street Corners was very effective as were the samples he used on his solo album.

And yes he is a fan who got on, it's your problem if that makes you unable to take him seriously.

all those guys sound like Rza. only thing they differ from him is their drums. their sampling techniques and arrangements are pretty Rzaesque.

Well they have the sound that RZA likes, maybe that is the reason they are all down with the Elements. And Bronze is the shit...

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i see your point... but maybe it's a good thing that he's a 'fan that got on' because he's bringing the sound that the fans want to hear... as for the ringing bells sample, was it definitely him that put it in there, or was it added in recording?

^^ YUP!!! All everybody does is complain about "THAT ALL CLASSIC WU SOUND" anyway...so thank you Bronze

I'm sorry Dynamite, but he was clearly limiting himself to the ..well limits of the technology RZA used on those tracks. for some reason he wanted to make it sound exactly like RZA.. it would've been fine if he did his own thing with it.. but he did something almost referential on that track.

as for the "Slow Blues" song.. there you go! that's his style, he should go for it. the songs I referred to are limited to the stylings of OTHER producers

I have MILLIONS of beats that I would be the first to admit are carbon-copy RZA stuff (I even made some beats that HE ended up doing later on!! ie, I he sampled the same part of the same song I did) because when I was first starting out, I wanted to dissect his technique and since I liked his sound so much, I made my own Wu-Tang tracks. but TODAY, I wouldn't do a song that is two minor chords on a quivering synth because that what RZA did on "It's Yourz"

anyway, Kanye West, Just Blaze, Bronze Nazareth all did the same thing I did for many years.. I want in TOO!! (it's envy.)

Shabazz did some stuff over a track I did like hmm.. 1998? I was in high school.. D Kruger has heard a number of my tracks and warned me to send out NOTHING without a copyright/IP lawyer's letter attached because there are sharks in the industry that would steal what I've done and credit themselves with it.

there's no question I could be a producer on future Wu projects.. particularly Ghost's considering the sound he's stuck with pretty steadily for a few years now.

I'm talking/meeting w/ people at Nature Sounds about a production deal, but I'd rather go directly to the artists.. not the label.. and not being on a roster.

I need to get through to the right people..! any help??

click on the contact link at the top right of this page.

I think Bronze is a step above Rza! I mean Rza's beat cataloug is classic the man's a legend indeed! But Bronze is the new beatking in my eyes!!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

He's just a fan who's gotten some shine.
    Hip-Hop's forefathers...that's right...forefathers.

Free Killa Sin!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EedXtPhPhlI

Bronze Is Sick On Da Production, Lol @ Yall Sayin Hes A Fan Cuz Hes Bringin Back What Da True Wu Fans Miss

i think ya'll are on RZA's dick way too fuckin much

it's sickning, acting like RZA's the only cat that does this shit and if a beat sounds similar it's biting

Bronze Nazareth has a unique sound that imo sounds nothing like RZA's

same goes for True Master & 4th Disciple

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    Shabazz did some stuff over a track I did like hmm.. 1998? I was in high school.. D Kruger has heard a number of my tracks and warned me to send out NOTHING without a copyright/IP lawyer's letter attached because there are sharks in the industry that would steal what I've done and credit themselves with it.

there's no question I could be a producer on future Wu projects.. particularly Ghost's considering the sound he's stuck with pretty steadily for a few years now.

I'm talking/meeting w/ people at Nature Sounds about a production deal, but I'd rather go directly to the artists.. not the label.. and not being on a roster.
    ok i understand now, it seems like you're jealous. I understand why you're doing this

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com