Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Afrika Bambaataa Issues A Statement To Rap Artists Of All Regions

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    "On the first, I hate these chickens
    Get their check, hair, nails done, steak and chicken, for they friends
    And they kids fly, I ain't open friend, on the 11th, you gonna be broke again" - cam

"See they tainted our image, it's fucked up how the game painted our image
    They say we dangerous people, why, because we sell caine to the people
    That don't be the reason I be aiming this eagle, my aims to get equal
    The first and fifteenth's got some restraints on my people" - jones

"I'm trying to get my act together, in the booth now trying to get my rap together" - santana

"I need to find another road to follow
    One that's new and strong, not old and hollow" - santana

"Momma, I just want you to know
    I'm in love with you so, if you wasn't here I'd be in love with you soul"

dipset is running shit, even though musically lately theybe been weak. so much hate and disrespect outside of NY and online for dipset...ignorance.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Shropsher_Slasher View Post
    That would exclude A LOT of music I love. Cypress Hill, M.O.P., The Beastie Boys, Gravediggaz, etc. With different people comes different talent. Hip-Hop heads!!! I'll catch a few peekin' over my shoulder lookin' at the section I'm in. One cat was doing a project on Hip-Hop and wanted to know what he should get. Shhhh. I gave him The GZA, The Roots and I think Big Pun's 1st LP.
    the beasties was writing shit like that above ?

whats the difference between big pun, 50, and dipset ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Quote Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
    What people have to realize is that hip-hop is controlled by Jews( i have nothing against jews). And these guys want the artists that glorify violence, and genocide. Which is real i don't hate Dip-set, or 50 cents
    i condone these fuckin' record companies, they screwed the game up!!
    Remember when there really was no commercial rap back in the days, i remember hearing various artists on the radio anyone from a tribe called quest to Coolio.
    wasn't coolio pop ?

Quote Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
    Pop shit back in the days was like Hammer, i liked his shit back then but know if i admitted that i'd be clowned by this younger generation coming up! 'No Idea's original' people gotta realize that!
    Brothers gotta eat, if it means sellin' out that's what they'll do!
    I don't care for 50 cents music, but i respect the man's hustle, and how he put his boys on and didn't forget about them. i respect Cam'ron
    cause iv'e actually met him, and builded with em', and i told him his music was weak that it wasn't hittin' like "Children of the corn" days!
    He said that he can't be pigen-holed into one style of music, he said he does whatever sells, he said his kids gotta eat!
    I seen how he's a general man, he keeps his crew tight, and makes sure their pockets stay full, know don't get me wrong his music to me is garbage, and the only dip-set mc i even would give a listen to is J.R. Ryder.
    But one thing that I heard rza say in a interview always has stuck in my mind Quote: "I may not like some of these niggas music man", but that's their chamber God, you wanna rap about what's true to you from ya heart God! Niggas might not like my shit, but they might like method man, or Rae, as long as your keeping the niggas that was down with you from day one finacially stable, with food on the table then your doing a good thing god! I don't give a fuck about the next man's darts i keep mines sharpened, People are gonna either accept truth or fiction, or reality, or fantasy.

Rza is on point with that

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Yeah Coolio was pop, but the point i was making is that tribe called quest, and coolio would get spins equally. They would play a non-pop record like 2pac's "Pappaz Song", and play ""Everything's Gonna be alright" by Naughty by nature which also wasn't pop!
    i know people that liked coolio, and hammer back n' the day, know all of a sudden theyr'e dissin' 50 cents, and Dip-set!
    I don't necessarily care for their music, but i have nothing against them cats they never did nothing to me!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah