Thread: yo I think 2005 has been a better year for ROCK music than HIP HOP so far

Default yo I think 2005 has been a better year for ROCK music than HIP HOP so far

Yo I think 2005 has been a better year for ROCK MUSIC so far, than HIP HOP

So far in 2005 alot of high profile ROCK acts have released albums: NINE INCH NAILS, COLDPLAY, WHITE STRIPES, WEEZER, FOO FIGHTERS, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, OASIS, BECK, AUDIOSLAVE, DAVE MATTHEWS, JACK JOHNSON, BLOC PARTY, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, etc

SO far I think that ROCK rleases have been way better than the hip hop releases this year

thought?

Default Re: yo I think 2005 has been a better year for ROCK music than HIP HOP so far

yeah, we have brooke valentine, young bloodz, and cassidy's wack asses
    "ya'll niggas can't be serious, i was nice before ice, before christ, before the the words let there be light, and the light took over the night, i was born wit the mic, lord of the mic before all plant and animal life, took this rap shit to new heights before the wright brothers took flight, before dogfightin' and aerial strikes, before mc's picked up pens and started to write" - Canibus

Default Re: yo I think 2005 has been a better year for ROCK music than HIP HOP so far

tical, have u heard sunny? the dude who won the 106 and park freestyle contest, his single is pretty ill
    "ya'll niggas can't be serious, i was nice before ice, before christ, before the the words let there be light, and the light took over the night, i was born wit the mic, lord of the mic before all plant and animal life, took this rap shit to new heights before the wright brothers took flight, before dogfightin' and aerial strikes, before mc's picked up pens and started to write" - Canibus

Edan- Beauty and the Beat
    Common- Be
    One Be Lo- SONOGRAM
    Blueprint- 1988
    Perceptionists- Black Dialogue
    O.C.- Starchild
    Sage Francis- A Healthy Distrust
    Zion I- True and Livin
    Cormega- Testament
    Game- The Documentary
    Busdriver- Fear of a Black Tangent
    Sean Price- Monkey Barz
    Medaphoar- Push Comes to Shove
    Prefuse 73- Surrounded by Silence
    Opio- Triangulation Station
    Tonedeff- Achetype

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE

zion I fuckin ill

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

If you mean commercially, yes...but all the albums J-Villain mentioned (plus the rest of the year's lineup, which should be some of the illest music we've had in a while) are quality, and if you mean quality, then I'll disagree with you...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

things rnt too bad in 2005 tho alot more wack releases than good ones, maybe things will look up in summer like they did last year (masta ace, mK).....

Quote Originally Posted by J-Villain
    Edan- Beauty and the Beat
    Common- Be
    One Be Lo- SONOGRAM
    Blueprint- 1988
    Perceptionists- Black Dialogue
    O.C.- Starchild
    Sage Francis- A Healthy Distrust
    Zion I- True and Livin
    Cormega- Testament
    Game- The Documentary
    Busdriver- Fear of a Black Tangent
    Sean Price- Monkey Barz
    Medaphoar- Push Comes to Shove
    Prefuse 73- Surrounded by Silence
    Opio- Triangulation Station
    Tonedeff- Achetype

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE
    yo, in the grand sceam of HIP HOP.........I am sure 3/4 of the albums you mentioned will be forgotton 2 years from now.......maybe 6 months from now!

I guess I meant that ROCK music had alot of "high profile" albums by big artists...........the only high profile hip hop releases this year that I can think of are COMMON, 50 CENT, GAME

Disciple

From what I hear the NIN album SUCKS

Veteran Member

all rock released today sounds the same. everytime i listen to a rock station its some simple plan bullshit about how their girlfriend hates them and they cant stop fucking up, stop crying.
    image too large
    "I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death"

yea man rock is bullshit imo

Hopefully things pick up this summer, new kanye,dipset,dmx,redman, and other shit comin out.

Of course commercially but underground hella naw

FRESH FISH

Bleed Like Me (Garbage), With Teeth (NIN), and Mezmarize (S0AD) are great albums.