Thread: Chaka Khan & Rufus, Once U Get Started

Default Chaka Khan & Rufus, Once U Get Started

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

I like that one Rufus song "Tell Me Something Good"

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

-

Once You Get Started is a tight song. That song is on their Rufusized album which my parents have. I haven't listened to that album all the way through but there's another song on that album i like called Somebody's Watching You. My parents have some other albums by Rufus called Ask Rufus, Street Player, Masterjam. Ask Rufus album has the hit songs After Midnight(My Love Will Lift You Up), Everlasting Love, Hollywood. Street Player album has the hit song Stay. Masterjam album has the hit song Do You Love What You Feel. That song is the jam. I haven't heard any of Chaka's solo albums but i like her songs Whatcha Gonna Do For Me, Through The Fire, I'm Every Woman(i think Whitney Houston did a better version of this song than Chaka), I Feel For You. I read a autobiography book about Chaka awhile ago and she used to be a drug addict. She's also into white guys because she's been married to a few of them and she used to date a asian guy. She said she used to date Tony Maiden who plays lead guitar or bass guitar with Rufus. He's a black guy. Her oldest daughter is cute. Chaka has picked up too much damn weight. I thought she looked good when she was skinny. I last saw her at the BET awards last summer and she won a lifetime achievement award. She brought her mom onstage with her when she accepted the award. She looks just like her mom.

Chaka Khan - What Cha' Gonna Do For Me - Album

best work by Chaka IMO

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."