Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The World According To Rza !!!

Eastern village

The biggest problem I have with the album is that at least in sweden rza just asked the record label wich artist was most popular at the time. I like Feven cause she is a good friend of some people I grew up with. But petter even though he was popular at the time was and is one of swedens worst rappers. They couldve asked absent minded or ayo. Even thomas russiak even. Bonus fact Thomas Russiak produced slick ricks Frozen feat Raekwon.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    The biggest problem I have with the album is that at least in sweden rza just asked the record label wich artist was most popular at the time. I like Feven cause she is a good friend of some people I grew up with. But petter even though he was popular at the time was and is one of swedens worst rappers. They couldve asked absent minded or ayo. Even thomas russiak even. Bonus fact Thomas Russiak produced slick ricks Frozen feat Raekwon.
    Apparently, this was done by the record company. Or so undergrounddigga claims on the previous page. But it shows. Because I can clearly remember the RZA show in Amsterdam back in 2003. This was when a lot of this stuff was being recorded. And on stage RZA just announced he recorded a track with one of the most popular rappers in The Netherlands. The crowd just went wild with booing. RZA stood there, flabbergasted by what he just had experienced. Because he could not understand this reaction. But you got to understand that hiphop was not very big. It was not mainstream. And this was just the biggest mainstream guy. And some of his shit is just poppy, even at that time. He was just copying US styles. It was not untill the next year that Dutch hiphop really was taken to the next level by a movement of which he was not a part.

When this happened, I believe the guy was actually back stage. Probably ready to take the stage. Suffice to say, that did not happen. The track recording did happen though, but it was scrapped from the album due to a recording mishap if I'm correct. And it ended up on some Dutch mixtape in bad quality. . . LOL, I just checked. And knowing this guys ego. Of course he has it on his own Youtube:

Bonus: this kid also did a cringe interview with Nas & a One Mic Remix. labels
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

"The World According to Record Labels"