Thread: "Woman Is the Nigger Of the World"

Default "Woman Is the Nigger Of the World"

"Woman Is the Nigger Of the World" by John Lennon

I'm interested to hear what some of you think about the song. I didn't want to put this in General Chat because some of those spastics would say "he said nigger, he's a racist" the simple minded bastards. So to you intellectuals, do you think he was on point with what he was saying? Or do you think by saying the "n" word, he messed up? And in case some of you call him a racist, just remember he marched for Cilvil Rights, wrote "Power to the People", wrote "Attica State" to raise awareness for the prisoners shot at Attica State and performed it at the Apollo, and he brought Bobby Seale with him to the Mike Douglas Show to show middle America that the Black Panthers stand for something positive (in Oakland anyway)

here's the song:

http://download.yousendit.com/416AC0FB77DB2DE7
    Last edited by tajeco; 10-16-2006 at 10:26 PM.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

White people viewed black people as second class citizens therfore I think generally speaking he is saying that people view women as second class too, at least thats what I think.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

RIP LENNON

THANKS FOR THE TRACK TAJECO
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

i think i'm high

what year was this song big ive heard it before but i dont really know about it, was it real controversial when it dropped? i don't think john lennon was a racist dude at all but hey....ive familiar with the beatles and their solo shit and i can say with a pretty good judgement hes not a racist dude...and im fucked up bad so i hope this makes some sense hah

Realness

I can't help but agree on that. John Lennon (r.i.p.) said that to make a statement that Tauro already confirmed. Most of society treats women as toys and playthings instead of people with feelings and emotions. The idea of John Lennon bein' racist is insane though. You're right, some people would just take the fact that he said Ye Olde "N" word to extreme heights instead of looking at the message behind what he said. I still think "Imagine" is one of the greatest songs of all time.

Peace
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)