View Poll Results: What is the most you will pay for a PS3?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • $2000

1 25.00%
  • $3000

0 0%
  • $4000

2 50.00%
  • $5000

0 0%
  • $6000

0 0%
  • $7000

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The price to pay for a PS3

Veteran Member

Default The price to pay for a PS3

How much are people willing to pay for a PS3?
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Non of the above, im not made of money.

BIG L Rest In Peace

haha the ps3 would have to be draped over Salma Hayek before I even consider paying up at those prices.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Veteran Member

Its sad but there are only 500,000 units in the world on launch day. the 400,000 units you hear about in the U.S. Well, Sony failed to mention that those numbers also apply to units for Canada. So, the math goes 50 states for 400,000 excluding Canada is 6,000 per state. However, L.A. and NYC are probably getting 6,000 alone. Plus Canada needs its units too. So, how much will there really be available for stores. Oh, remember that all of America, meaning North and South America is Region 1 coding. So, do you really think that South America will not order units in North America, so distributors and vendors can sell it in their stores. Of course they will. It's not illegal, cause they are not importing. Region 1.

So, another words, online sales (ebay) are going to be crazy. So, How much are you willing to spend. If you are rich and money is no object, then how much are you willing to pay. Remember, the second shipment is not happening any time soon. The most before christmas, worldwide, will probably be shy of 1 million. 1 million units in the entire world, ok, Im sure Ill be able to buy one by Christmas. So, whats the price to get the best next-gen out there?
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

the £450 we'll have to spend in Britain doesn't seem so bad, in comparison to how that thing will sell on eBay over the christmas period. Was hoping there'd be a worldwide launch so i could make a quick buck on that myself, ah well.

Chicks dig giant robots

Yeah, I ain't payin that much for any system. I don't give a damn if Salma Hyaek was draped on top of it. You'd have to get me like 12 of dem hoes and even then...

Good observation Icurus, I didn't even think about it like that. Well in that case unless you've reserved and pre-payed for a PS3 don't expect to grab one until at least spring of '07. As for me I will be grabbing a Wii, which there will be plenty of by Christmas
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlooHook View Post
    Yeah, I ain't payin that much for any system. I don't give a damn if Salma Hyaek was draped on top of it. You'd have to get me like 12 of dem hoes and even then...

Good observation Icurus, I didn't even think about it like that. Well in that case unless you've reserved and pre-payed for a PS3 don't expect to grab one until at least spring of '07. As for me I will be grabbing a Wii, which there will be plenty of by Christmas
    To be honest a wii i think will be way better also. Im hearing from game editors all around the web saying that twilight princess is the best zelda game ever made. Some say its even the best game this year.

Nvm, just found the article
    http://www.ps3land.com/article-855.php
    Last edited by Origin™; 10-21-2006 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
    Non of the above, im not made of money.
    same.....

Im not buying one period. I got a 360

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    haha the ps3 would have to be draped over Salma Hayek before I even consider paying up at those prices.
    Salma Hayek better come free with it if im going to pay that kinda price.

BIG L Rest In Peace

I wont even buy it for $200

L~>1<~NKS

I'd Stay Away From The Ps3 Until U Know For Sure It's Fly. It Could Have Mad Bugz @ Launch. AND WTF $500 WITH NO GAMES? Also,

Why spend all that cream on sumthin that has a DVD format that may or may not be used

I Jus Got The X360 2 Days Ago - Lovin It.

Im also feelin the Wii - but it seems too kiddish.
    Last edited by L~>1<~NKS; 10-22-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
    Salma Hayek better come free with it if im going to pay that kinda price.
    lol my point exactly.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by Icurus View Post
    Its sad but there are only 500,000 units in the world on launch day. the 400,000 units you hear about in the U.S. Well, Sony failed to mention that those numbers also apply to units for Canada. So, the math goes 50 states for 400,000 excluding Canada is 6,000 per state. However, L.A. and NYC are probably getting 6,000 alone. Plus Canada needs its units too. So, how much will there really be available for stores. Oh, remember that all of America, meaning North and South America is Region 1 coding. So, do you really think that South America will not order units in North America, so distributors and vendors can sell it in their stores. Of course they will. It's not illegal, cause they are not importing. Region 1.

So, another words, online sales (ebay) are going to be crazy. So, How much are you willing to spend. If you are rich and money is no object, then how much are you willing to pay. Remember, the second shipment is not happening any time soon. The most before christmas, worldwide, will probably be shy of 1 million. 1 million units in the entire world, ok, Im sure Ill be able to buy one by Christmas. So, whats the price to get the best next-gen out there?
    I am going to buy however many I can for however much then sell them at 400% markup to some sucker asses on ebay who are in the US then charge about 50 extra for shipping to cover my gas costs, should be a fun launch. if xbox 360 was going for 1200, this bitch should be up to 2000+

plus I am in canada, where there arent that many people, but still enough systems

have fun in the states though

peace

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK