Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human species 'may split in two' .

Default Human species 'may split in two' .

Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.
    Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Race 'ironed out'

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall, he predicts, while life-spans will have extended to 120 years, Dr Curry claims.

Physical appearance, driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility, will improve, he says, while men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

Women, on the other hand, will develop lighter, smooth, hairless skin, large clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, and even features, he adds. Racial differences will be ironed out by interbreeding, producing a uniform race of coffee-coloured people.

However, Dr Curry warns, in 10,000 years time humans may have paid a genetic price for relying on technology.

Spoiled by gadgets designed to meet their every need, they could come to resemble domesticated animals.

Receding chins

Social skills, such as communicating and interacting with others, could be lost, along with emotions such as love, sympathy, trust and respect. People would become less able to care for others, or perform in teams.

Physically, they would start to appear more juvenile. Chins would recede, as a result of having to chew less on processed food.

There could also be health problems caused by reliance on medicine, resulting in weak immune systems. Preventing deaths would also help to preserve the genetic defects that cause cancer.

Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry.

The logical outcome would be two sub-species, "gracile" and "robust" humans similar to the Eloi and Morlocks foretold by HG Wells in his 1895 novel The Time Machine.

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is a possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other, said Dr Curry.

He carried out the report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

.. ..

strange
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

This is all just theoretical, scientists are always talking about stuff like this, wheather it's true or not we will never know.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

this bitch on is a base head
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

humans can split in two aswell.....
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    This is all just theoretical, scientists are always talking about stuff like this, wheather it's true or not we will never know.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

We're already split, question is when will we become one again?

rabbit habits.. CherChezLaMarauder's Avatar

I just caught another blonde moment.

After
    looking athe introductory picture for a minute I thought I was reading that another human will develop on another man's body and that they'll literally spit.

front.Porch

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post
    We're already split, question is when will we become one again?
    Hold That.

I split females in half for a living
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

this article is chock full of errors about evolutionary theory and full of misunderstandings and assumptions...

its in no way a scientific evolutionary analysis...

take it from an evolutionary biologist..

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

I sincerely hopeI'm a mutant. Like Gambit or Nightcrawler.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

ive hypothesized about this before, timbs youre saying its bs? It makes sense to me over the long long term. If you got money you dont marry some ugly, dumb, and short slob. It may not be a two species effect but i think it will definetley begin to show.

{>____<}

Hmmmmmmm................... Until Jesus comes
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs View Post
    this article is chock full of errors about evolutionary theory and full of misunderstandings and assumptions...

its in no way a scientific evolutionary analysis...

take it from an evolutionary biologist..
    hahaha I was waiting for your post on this.

but of course when you are in a scientific field and see a public article about it, you will always find the loads of errors....in the past few years I am doing the same thing.