Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Avid Chess Players

chess with friends
    Jehovallah Daprophett

ADD ME!

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

I need to re-up my membership at Chessworld.net. I used to play there a lot. I dig message chess because I don't always have the time to sit there and play a game. At least with that you can check your board throughout the day and make moves. I was playing a decent amount a few years ago, but I haven't played any chess in a while. I was getting to be alright for a minute, I'm sure I fell the hell off.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    i love chess....

i find that when im playin chess alot, i actually see and understand events and even little stuff like walkin through a busy hallway alot better....its weird i cant really explain it...u just like seem to pay more attention to the sequence of things n stuff i think...

i dono....chess is awesome though....and tough to get mad good at

Tru dat.

Quote Originally Posted by num2son View Post
    Yeah, I agree, the queen is the bishop and Rook combined.
    I see you not only have knowledge, but understanding.

I have a CD game called 'majestic chess' since 2001. It is a chess tutorial that presents chess in an adventurous and very unique way. There are many chess challenges that tests the players chess knowledge, and when one is successful, one goes on to the next level till all there is to be known about the basics of chess are known.

yah:

queen = 9 pawns
    knights and bishops have same value: 3 pawns
    rooks = 5 pawns
    king: can't really place a value other than to say without it, the game is over.

need to get me an account at chess.com and start playing again

that or yahoo games

Chess is a blessing to all mankind I believe. Haven't played checkers ever in my life and don't intend to. Just doesn't interest me.

I think the most fascinating thing about chess, is that you get to see who your opponent truly is. Most people I've played are always, always running their mouths about how they, "saw that coming.." and "can't let you do that..." yet when they make a mistake and you capitalize on it, all the while not having fed into their efforts to get your feathers ruffled, and you say maybe two or three words, or just smile, then you're the one who's the, "shit-talker". I used to think Madden brought out the true person, untrue. It's definitely chess. Even if the player is good, the mere fact that they can't stop patting themselves on the back immediately tells you that you're dealing with a very sore loser. I guess the main reason I enjoy it is because I somehow see all of the ancient principles of the human being and creation itself played out on the board and between the players. For a fraction of a second, if you really pay attention, when you play chess and play it properly, you understand everything. Conflicts in your everyday life take on a whole new meaning and the best advice I have ever been given is, "Apply the rules of chess to life and you'll never go wrong." Most people think that all this means is to think a few moves ahead of your opponent. The number one rule in chess is the exact same rule in martial arts, patience and control. Unless you're calm, you can't think and if you can't think, you can't win. I used to hate when I would lose my queen, then one day I was online playing and an older cat came along and asked how I was doing against my opponent. I said, "If I do this...I'll lose my queen." Almost aghast at my words he said, "SO?!?!" Right away, I understood. Never put too much faith in one piece. Simply use every piece to your utmost ability. I've actually given up my queen on purpose a few times just to get used to playing without it. If you allow it to, chess will help you to grow in ways that are sublime.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

anyone play at Sparkchess?

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Chess is the only "Game" that when I win I'm proud of myself.
    I remember when I beat my Grandad for the first time to this day
    As I never thought I would ever achieve such a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Chess is a blessing to all mankind I believe.
    I totally agree.

Haven't played checkers ever in my life and don't intend to. Just doesn't interest me.
    Checkers or Draughts as I've always called it prepared me for Chess I believe
    Much more simplified but still pretty hard given the right opponent.
    I remember growing up playing my next door neighbour I must have played him 100 times
    Didn't beat him once.
    Backgammon however I have never played.

If you allow it to, chess will help you to grow in ways that are sublime.
    Yes.

So many things to learn from Life through Chess.

Greater Good
    Sacrifice
    Protection
    Teamwork
    Deception
    Honour
    Respect
    Reflection
    Revenge
    Loyalty
    Traits
    Rankings
    Weak Spots
    Personality
    Preference
    Female Power

I play quite a bit....I've always believed Chess to be much more than a game.

do you play online?

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

I don't.

I remember searching for a decent one to play online after my Laptop died
    As I was so used to Chess Titans, I couldn't find a decent one to continue

If I remember correctly they we're asking me to join up and I thought that was a bit long.

If it's free I'm down though.