Never touched this thread in a while....

Americans don't need to go elsewhere for entertainment...they got more than they need in their own backyard.

I wouldn't find myself trying to find and listen to France hip-hop just for the sake of looking for something new and different. Although some of us have listened to an obscene amount of other stuff, sometimes there are still limits to what we will choose to listen to. If I happen to browse into it and I like it maybe I would think different. And I'm one of those people that tries to collect hip-hop from many different regions.

The farthest I have gone was finding a guide to Brazilian hip-hop compilation album in my school's bookstore on sale. I guess some irony to it is it was made in the U.K.

On the other hand I think its more important to support your local artists first before even thinking about looking into another continent. In Toronto its not done enough..I should be upping my local mixtape game. But I must say that K-Os' last 2 albums are certified platinum in Canada....I could care less how he sells in the U.S.

Depending how much hip-hop you listen to should determine how far away the scene is (gradually expanding outward) so its your urban center first, then the bigger region, nation, continent then overseas. Thats the priority if you want to support hip-hop. Most of us aren't ready to go across the ocean. I guess I cam call this a hip-hop epicenter theory.