Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Why Are Americans So Close Minded When.....

Never touched this thread in a while....

Americans don't need to go elsewhere for entertainment...they got more than they need in their own backyard.

I wouldn't find myself trying to find and listen to France hip-hop just for the sake of looking for something new and different. Although some of us have listened to an obscene amount of other stuff, sometimes there are still limits to what we will choose to listen to. If I happen to browse into it and I like it maybe I would think different. And I'm one of those people that tries to collect hip-hop from many different regions.

The farthest I have gone was finding a guide to Brazilian hip-hop compilation album in my school's bookstore on sale. I guess some irony to it is it was made in the U.K.

On the other hand I think its more important to support your local artists first before even thinking about looking into another continent. In Toronto its not done enough..I should be upping my local mixtape game. But I must say that K-Os' last 2 albums are certified platinum in Canada....I could care less how he sells in the U.S.

Depending how much hip-hop you listen to should determine how far away the scene is (gradually expanding outward) so its your urban center first, then the bigger region, nation, continent then overseas. Thats the priority if you want to support hip-hop. Most of us aren't ready to go across the ocean. I guess I cam call this a hip-hop epicenter theory.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

... It comes to european hip hop?

1. People relate to what they know, or what interests them. Americans like America.
    2. Hip Hop started in America.
    3. The best MC ... Method Man ... is from America.

There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Never touched this thread in a while....

Americans don't need to go elsewhere for entertainment...they got more than they need in their own backyard.

I wouldn't find myself trying to find and listen to France hip-hop just for the sake of looking for something new and different. Although some of us have listened to an obscene amount of other stuff, sometimes there are still limits to what we will choose to listen to. If I happen to browse into it and I like it maybe I would think different. And I'm one of those people that tries to collect hip-hop from many different regions.

The farthest I have gone was finding a guide to Brazilian hip-hop compilation album in my school's bookstore on sale. I guess some irony to it is it was made in the U.K.

On the other hand I think its more important to support your local artists first before even thinking about looking into another continent. In Toronto its not done enough..I should be upping my local mixtape game. But I must say that K-Os' last 2 albums are certified platinum in Canada....I could care less how he sells in the U.S.

Depending how much hip-hop you listen to should determine how far away the scene is (gradually expanding outward) so its your urban center first, then the bigger region, nation, continent then overseas. Thats the priority if you want to support hip-hop. Most of us aren't ready to go across the ocean. I guess I cam call this a hip-hop epicenter theory.
    Thats a very well thought out answer and probably the best given so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post

1. People relate to what they know, or what interests them. Americans like America.

There it is.
    Ruby are you really this stupid? or is it by accident?......how about you stop sucking Meth's dick for one minute and actually give a proper response.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post

There it is.
    M-E-T-H-O-D Stan
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

^^ Ignore the two dickheads above.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    as a whole yeah, but the individual parts? not really, corperate america and pop music don't say much of anything about Austin, Texas nawmean?

I guess its all about where you're at. I feel like we're on a whole other level here but this is a very musical city.

it's like this dog, real true hip hop is always gonna hold it down no matter what cuz when the corperate side of it dies you still gonna have niggas doin it cuz they love doin it. that's just how it is. some people immitate and some inovate. it's just now in days people hear the word hip hop and right away they associate it with bull shit such as bling, whips, money, tats, booty etc. but us niggas who know what it really mean are always gonna hold it down cuz we know that it goes deeper than that. it's like rza said he said cream cash rules everything around me but it doesn't rule me. that's the side of it that many cats don't realize. niggas are just so stuck on that shallow bs that they get so blinded by the ice they can't see straight. cash does rule them. but it's alright cuz while they stay stuck in the same position i keep it movin forward with my third eye wide open.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

^^ thats the best response!
    I C.R.E.A.M

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

again... why do americans have listen to every piece of european hip hop until they find something they like? can't they just not like it without having to explain themselves?