Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by kurupt_kw View Post
    How about those Blackhawks?

That would be crazy if both Philly and the Hawks could sweep the conference finals.
    Hopefully the Hawks win...I think the last one was during JFK's Presidency. It's been THAT long. GO BLACKHAWKS!

Quote Originally Posted by p-rok73 View Post
    Hopefully the Hawks win...I think the last one was during JFK's Presidency. It's been THAT long. GO BLACKHAWKS!
    It's weird having my team head to the Stanley Cup finals. I've had to sit and watch some very shitty teams over the years. Last time they made the finals was '92. Being 11 and not as much of a die hard back then, I really don't remember it that much. I really hope they can pull it off!!

I don't really watch a lot of Eastern teams throughout the season so I'm not sure how they match up. I think they will play the way I thought Vancouver would play. Physical/punishing which could potentially be a very tough series for the Hawks.

I remember '92...I just read an interview with Mike Keenan & he said the Hawks weren't really ready to beat a team like the Pens. After that season the Wirtz' basically destroyed what was left o that good team. Eventually got rid of Keenan & pretty much started the downfall of a great franchise like the Hawks. I'm glad Rocky Wirtz is much more in tune with today's NHL. For example signing premier free agents, landing the classic game in Wrigley, televising home games, etc.

Banned

i remember '92. game 1 was a crazy comeback. i was on a school bus coming home from my 8th grade trip to geauga lake amusement park in ohio. i was listening to the game on a walkman. haha.

Being in Canada I rarely got the chance to watch the Blackhawks when I was growing up. It was always the Canadians or Leafs on tv. My Dad groomed me to be a Hawks fan and I was always a fan but back then I was only able to watch them play maybe 5-10 games a year. Every morning I would go and grab the paper to check stats and scores so I could somewhat keep up on what they were doing.

When they did make the finals in '92, from what I remember, I was only able to see one of the games. I remember being absolutely pissed off at my Mom because she wouldn't let me ditch baseball games or practices to watch the Stanley Cup.

We finally got an old C-span satelite dish and that's really when I was able to start following them. After all those years of watching shit Blackhawk teams, it's finally paying off to be a fan.

LOL That's awesome that you listened to it on a walkman.

Congrats Chicago - I picked two champions this year Saints and Blackhawks before the season started - made a nice chunk =)
    Break fast is served

big ups to chicago, first time in 49 years!!! lol, im not even a fan, but still thats quite a while.

next are the Leafs!!! LMAO

good game, anyone else think the overtime goal was a little anti climatic? took em a second to realize it was over

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    big ups to chicago, first time in 49 years!!! lol, im not even a fan, but still thats quite a while.

next are the Leafs!!! LMAO

good game, anyone else think the overtime goal was a little anti climatic? took em a second to realize it was over
    I didn't know what the fuck was going on. ha ha I thought the puck was in Leighton's pads.

I've been all smiles since the win!!!

That crazy goal to take it to OT had me worried.

Banned

congrats kurupt. thanks for not letting philly win.

Thanks Art. I finally got to see how if feels to see my team win a championship. It's great!

Banned

i still think it would have been funny if hossa lost with a different team 3 years in a row.

I have been and always will be a blackhawks fan. This was our year!!!!

I made a $100 on this too!!!

yea that goal was crazy - Kane knew that shit was in.

What a fuckin year for that kid Kane - he went through the EA NHL Hockey cover curse and blessin all in a year. The robbery incident - losing in the Olympics to that fag Crosby - yes I still hate that fuckin cheating bitch ass floppin kid. Art Ottawa would of destroyed Montreal or Philly or Washington. I think we gonna here more about Regin in 2010-11 season.
    Break fast is served

congrats to the Blackhawks