Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Hockey

as far as philly goes tough luck as far as playing for championships go first the world series now the Stanly cup finals

wuswordz95

I love hockey i hate basketball

Banned

Vader, you guys got a great defenseman in gonchar. watch your power play take off this year.

nice
    Break fast is served

Veteran Member

The Rangers Are Going To Struggle For A Few Years But There Sticking To Getting Younger Hopefully The Talent In The Farm System Develops. At Least There Getting Tougher And Addressing That The First Rounder This Year Was Big Tough D Man And They Got Boogard Who They Over Payed For But Hopefully People Will Stop Taking Runs At Lundqvist. Fuck That Weak European Shit They've Been Trying To Get Rid Of. I Like What Pitt Did Getting Solid Defensive Help.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Banned

i really like the signing of paul martin, but are wingers are poop sandwich. our best wingers under contract right now are pascal dupuis who had 38 points last season and chris kunitz who had 32

Thank God the Hawks won the cup or I'd be fucking losing it this off season. I knew players would be lost in the off season since they were fucked against the cap but this is getting ridiculous. At this point, I don't think they lost a franchise goalie in Niemi but he certainly has potential to be very good. Chi got into this mess by paying for potential and they simply can't do that anymore. It's too bad they couldn't work out a contract that worked for both parties. Good luck Antti, unfortunately you may have negotiated yourself out of a starting goalie job for 2010/11 since most teams are set.

I really hope Turco has something left in the tank.

Banned

went to an open house today for the Penguins new Consol Energy Center...

from my seats

the old arena (taken from the new arena)

Banned

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Just read this article. Makes me want to move to Pittsburgh. Sounds like an excellent hockey town where the fans support the team and the team supports the fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...timatehomegame

Also, this confirms that Mario Lemieux is a business genius as well as a great hockey player. He pretty much single-handedly rebuilt the Pens since he bought them in '99. It's amazing that a team that used to be on the verge of bankruptcy can forgo over a million dollars in ticket sales to give back to the fans and support the community.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

Banned

yeah, the penguins are a great organization. for select home games every year, the pens use all there single game tickets and sell them to college students for $20. you just need a college ID.

and that's not because they can't sell the tickets. like the article said, the pens have sold out over 160 games in a row. the cheapest single game seat is probably $40 or so, and students can buy up any remaining seat for $20. that includes the $100+ tickets that weren't bought up by season ticket holders.

and for those games where the students are waiting in line for tickets, the penguins players show up with free pizza and personally deliver it to the college students themselves.

Banned

I'm at the first ever Penguin game at the new Consol Energy Center, albeit an exhibition game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    yeah, the penguins are a great organization. for select home games every year, the pens use all there single game tickets and sell them to college students for $20. you just need a college ID.

and that's not because they can't sell the tickets. like the article said, the pens have sold out over 160 games in a row. the cheapest single game seat is probably $40 or so, and students can buy up any remaining seat for $20. that includes the $100+ tickets that weren't bought up by season ticket holders.

and for those games where the students are waiting in line for tickets, the penguins players show up with free pizza and personally deliver it to the college students themselves.
    thats awesome and that would never happen in any other sport.

Banned

So are you saying that hockey treats their fans better than any other sport or are you bragging that the sports you like can treat their fans like shit?

I heard they also offer discount mullet cuts at the arena.