Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1210

Thread: Pro Hockey

--- Flyers captain arrested for feeling up police officer's butt

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/07/02/...sted-in-ottawa

I wish Martin Brodeur would retire instead of trying to find a new team to play for, because we all know he is well past his prime, and I hate to see him end up playing, and looking awful, or worse.

Banned

Must see: Awful scrapped Penguins jersey design

The Pittsburgh Penguins will sport their new third jerseys for the first time this season tonight when they host the Philadelphia Flyers.

It’s a throwback look to the sweaters the Penguins wore through the 1980s and early ’90s.

The Penguins have undergone several design changes over the course of their 47 years in the NHL. While tonight’s look will be a rather welcomed nod to the Mario Lemieux as a player era, we are also reminded of a nearly disastrous design from the mid-90s.

According to Penguins fan site pittsburghhockey.net (by way of icethetics.co), the Penguins could have worn the colourful jerseys pictured above during the 1994-95 season.

Luckily, the 1994-95 lockout prevented these bad boys from formally being submitted to the league for approval. Don’t let anyone tell you nothing good can come out of an NHL labour stoppage.

The sweaters were designed by Vance Wright Adams, according to pittsburghhockey.net, the same firm who gave us the redesigned 1992 threads.

^^
    I like the first one that says Penguins.

Banned

The St. Louis Blues once developed this 3rd jersey, but their coach Mike Keenan refused to allow the team wear it.

Being a huge Hockey fan I never seen either of those. Most alternate jerseys are poorly made and those making them could give a shit about the game or the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    coach Mike Keenan refused to allow the team wear it.
    good for him, thats atrocious and just the fact they exist is possibly a factor behind all the violence in st louis lately

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    ----Former NHL player has weeks to live

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...142748107.html
    i just googled him and he's still alive.

lets be honest, weeks to live could mean anything longer than 13 days. i've been alive for over 1,700 weeks

Yeah I've been keeping track of Gino since they announced that. Hope he pulls through!

I miss the fighters from those days, refs are breaking up so many fights this season it's fucking dumb. Fighting down 44% since 2003.

luongo has been puttin the team on his back

gave up the shutout with 7 seconds left but he's been on fire last week and a half

ekblad with his first NHL goal

this team is on its way, gotta stop stupid penalties and theyll be a ok

this was sick

Hah Florida passed Philly and Washington in the standings what the hell and Detroit lost to Buffalo last night.. sigh. At least the Flames destroyed the Habs.

---Toronto Maple Leaf player clueless about Nelson Mandela during a Mandela tribute

The Toronto Raptors honored the late Nelson Mandela on Friday night at an event called “The Giant of Africa.”On the first anniversary of his death, the South African president and human rights icon was celebrated throughout their game against the Cavaliers, from the team wearing special warm-up gear to videos throughout the night.

Perhaps Toronto Maple Leafs goaltender Jonathan Bernier caught a few of those vignettes on the Jumbotron. Perhaps he then thought, “Holy [crap], I guess Nelson Mandela wasn’t a star athlete after all…”

Bernier was interviewed at the event, wearing a nice suit and supporting … well, someone he thought was a tremendous athlete he watched growing up.

The video was on the Raptors’ YouTube on Saturday before it was removed; Reddit user TeroTheTerror on r/Hockey provides a transcript:

Reporter1 (SportsNet mic): Alright Jonathan, how important is, uh, the legacy of Nelson Mandela to you?

JB: Well obviously he’s been, uh, a tremendous, uh, athlete and you know obviously what, uh, he means to all the sports you know when you know the worl- the world can uh be changed by the sports it’s pretty amazing. And I think he’s definitely uh got a lot of respect in every sports and uh he’s definitely one of the athletes I watched growing up as well.

Reporter1’s mic disappears from frame

Reporter2: Why is it important for you to come show support tonight?

JB: Well I think any good cause is, uh, sorry (he’s apologizing to someone to the left of the screen, not sure who/why), it’s always, uh, you know I love supporting, uh, any kind of cause obviously it’s for the Afri-, in Africa it’s obviously it’s, uh, a great cause, and enjoying, I guess, the basketball game.

Reporter2: Thanks.

Now, it’s possible that Bernier brain-farted and thought that the question was about one of the star athletes attending the event, like Magic Johnson and Charles Barkley. Although the question clearly asked about Nelson Mandela.

And in fairness, Mandela was a tremendous athlete: an amateur boxer who ran two hours a day. And he did believe the world could change thanks to sports.

But, um, we’re pretty sure Bernier didn’t grow up watching Nelson Mandela play sports. Then again, he was only 70 years old when Bernier was born. And, like Jagr’s still playing, so anything’s possible.

^that was embarrassing. who doesn't know who Nelson Mandela is?

that being said, the Leafs have been on a roll lately. but are probably doomed to fail again.

whats with the outbreak of the mumps in the NHL?

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    whats with the outbreak of the mumps in the NHL?
    It's fucking crazy that shits going around. My man Crosby has it and he should be back soon. Hope it don't make him or any other player sterile we need the greats to pass on those genes so we can have more great players in the game.

Banned