Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Planet - Online Demo

PRODIGAL SUN

Unreal Tournament 2003

Fresh 2 Deff

Quote Originally Posted by Young Granger View Post
    not sure i have 2003 and 2004 but i like 2003 better, dope game and only £10
    Aight i'll hunt it down, im gonna take your word on it's a dope game..

L~>1<~NKS

Lost Planets a sick game download the single player demo - those graphics are like CG. Almost looks like ur in Starship Troopers (the gayest flim ever)...

TO the one who deleted y post

First off, this doesn't play much like a FPS. So if that's what you're after, go for Rainbow Six Vegas, or even Gears of War. ...But don't write it off...

...Man, it's fuckin' crazy online!
    The graphics and special effects are awesome, and the gameplay is just as good. And innovative!

I'll grant I thought it was sorta dodgy when I first tried it, but when I played it against a decent amount of players (you want at least 8 players for a Team Elimination match) who weren't killin' their team mates and were getting an idea of how the game, level and weapon placements work, it became insane.
    Like nothing else I've ever played.

And as Capcom seem to be good at, it has that classic learning curve - easy to pick-up, and pretty difficult to master.

Runnin' from Data Post to Data Post, trying to initialize/steal them quick to power your energy weapons and Vital Suits (and also pump up your Battle Gauge...) while there's bullets, rockets, snipers, energy shots, Vital Suits and a range of grenades goin' off all around is incredible fun.

Vital Suits:
    The big fucking robots you can pilot during the game. There are basic types that will have one weapon (a single-shot rocket launcher, a quad rocket launcher, or an energy cannon type thing as far as I can tell), and the big one that has a huge gatling gun on one side and another weapon on the other side which you can change, or just rip off and run around with. Big fuckin' guns. Like the giant shotgun...

The Battle Gauge:
    A tug-of-war type deal that wins you the match - Kills, destroying Vital Suits and securing Data Posts pump it up, while deaths, suicides, destroyed Vital Suits you're piloting, and lost Data Posts lower it.

Head Shots:
    They actually work! I didn't think they did at first, but even your standard machine gun wil drop a guy quick with a few rounds to the head. Obviously, a sniper rifle or plasma rifle shot to the head will kill instantly.

Data Posts:
    Scattered around the stage, you'll need to initialize or steal these to power your energy weapons and Vital Suits. It's a simple affair of tapping the B button, but you're vunerable while you're doing it. You can have 4 guys work on one at a time to initialize/steal them a lot quicker though. If you can spare the manpower.

Big Fucking Guns:
    I take it in the story they are designed for use on the Vital Suits, but they'll be lying around on the multiplayer maps on their own. You can pick them up with a Vital Suit, or just carry them around normally. There's a huge shotgun (gotta love it), a gatling gun, four shot homing laser and a few others. The big plasma gun is a classic - charge it up and let it rip when it's not on a Vital Suit...

Anchor:
    A grappling-rope type thing that will help you get around the stage quicker and easier. Just shoot it at a wll (with the X button), and you'll zip up to it, then jump over. You can also hit the X button just before you hit the wall to drop short and lose the jump at the end. Your character will also use it to grab onto a ledge if you run off it. You can then move up or down with the analog stick. With some practice, you can swing right around the bridge on the Pirate Fortress stage - useless, but you gotta try it!

Hold the Start button, and use the D-Pad:
    ...Thank you Capcom!

I can't wait for 2007. This is what I was looking forward to with the 'next-gen' of consoles. I don't know about everyone else, but between this and what looks to be an immersive, exciting and interesting single player mode, I dare say this could be one of the best games ever made...

Okay, rant over. But just don't jump on it for a few minutes and call it shit. It's deeper than it first seems with this demo.

Brad Strut
    Legend: Official
    www.myspace.com/bradstrut

Oops, sorry, forgot to mention...

Weapons:
    You can carry two weapons at a time, and click the Right Stick in to reload them. As mentioned before, there are the standard weapons for the soldiers (Yellow), and the big fucking Vital Suit ones (Blue), but both can be carried and used by a soldier. A large Vital Suit can change one of it's weapons for the blue ones.
    They either have an ammo limit (you can pick-up another weapon of the same type for more ammo), or are Plasma or Energy wepons that are powered by the same thermal energy as the Vital Suits that you get when you respawn or secure a Data Post.
    I'd go over the weapons in more detail, but it's fun to work out how they work for yourself, and I can't be buggered.

Grenades:
    A major fun-factor. There's a few different types, all with rather unique uses. Just like in Halo, point the crosshair and simply pull the Left Trigger to throw them.
    Your character will either lob them overhand if it's standing up, or backhand if crouching.
    You can only carry one type at a time, but you can hold quite a few. Another brilliant aspect of the grenades is that you can shoot them to detonate them early.

-Plasma Grenades:
    These detonate pretty quickly compared to the others and produce a purple electrical cloud that, while causing minimal damage, will stop anything within it's blast radius in it's tracks for about 2 seconds. Including your character, or a Vital Suit.
    -Hand Grenades:
    Your standard type. These take a bit longer to detonate than the Plasma, but do a lot more damage, can be deadly if accurate, and you can bounce them off walls and stuff too.
    -Disc Grenades:
    These are so much fun. They're trown like a frisbee. They will stick into Vital Suits, other players, and some walls, or just bounce around like a metal frisbee would upon landing otherwise. They cause, I s'pose a medium amount of damage.
    -Gum Grenades:
    They stick to anything. While causing a smaller amount of damage, they're quicker to throw than a Disc Grenade, rather hard to see and great for setting traps and such. Sorta like land mines. I think they detonate if stepped-on/ran-into as well.
    It's always horrible to hear the 'choonk' sound effect and notice this little thing stuck on your head...
    -Dummy Grenades:
    A stroke of genius. When they land, they inflate into a life-sized soldier ballon that floats forward for quite a while before exploding, unless shot or caught in another explosion. They're not too convincing up close (they're a balloon after all!), but they can defenitely catch you off-gaurd if at a distance, or your vision's adjusting from coming out from inside a building. They explode big and pack a lot of damage too! So you sure want to stop firing at someone when they've thrown one in between and close to you.
    Another great thing about these, is that the Homing Laser (that is a crazy powerful, and accurate weapon) will lock-on to a Dummy Grenade if aimed near them while charging it up.

Brad Strut
    Legend: Official
    www.myspace.com/bradstrut