West & Ne-Yo - Back Like That
    (Remix)

About to take a listen.

.. ghostface esta en fuego !! .. ..

Oztradamus

So far so good

Oztradamus

A Solid album upon first listen... Not better than Fishscale

man i just started listening, it's blowing my mind. ill post track-bytrack review in like an hour

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

Ghost son sounds like dude from AIG.. Is it Allah Wise ?

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

cant wait to hear the album. Im waiting til it drops on the 12th tho. Then ima cop it n hear it

here is my track-by-track review. these are first impressions so they might not entirely reflect how i'll feel about the album in the future.

1. Ghost is Back
    This song is incredible. Beat is old-school as fuck. scratching, fast-paced drums, ghost is MAD HYPE. 5/5
    2.Miguel Sanchez
    Kind of a let down after "Ghost is Back." beat is a little more polished and less interesting. trife sounds like Big L on here. No ghost on here. 3/5
    3.Guns n' Razors
    Beat sounds like it could be from some kinda james bond/spy movie. pretty rad. ghost is furious here. cappa drops a pretty good verse here. lately he hasn't impressed me much, his voice is less nasally here and he sounds pretty menacing. 4/5
    4. Outta Town Shit
    pretty funky beat, beat is slow-paced which goes well with ghost's energetic flow. hook is ghost's singing voice which i like, sounds really eerie. really good beat. hook is really great. the most original track yet. 4.5/5
    5. Good
    meh, don't really dig this sorta style. the really bright, bouncy shit. gets a little better as it goes on, around Trife's verse. 3/5
    6. Street Opera
    not a bad beat, song kind of drags on though. 3/5
    7. Block Rock
    this is a weird beat. it sounds like a cassette being eaten by the tape deck. not a beat to bob your head to, but it's pretty interesting. 3.5/5
    8. Miss Info Celebrity Drama (skit)
    whatever
    9. Pokerface
    really chill beat. extremely relaxing and laid back. 3.5/5
    10. Greedy Bitches
    funky track, mad bass. lyrics: "the hoes ate the oreos." this is pretty damn good. kinda west-coast sounding. redman comes correct. 4/5
    11. Josephine
    typical ghostface r&b sort of track. not bad though. just not that captivating. lyrics are good though. 3/5
    12. Grew Up Hard
    kind of a played out lyrical theme. song is def good though. pretty much a trife solo, which isn't bad, but it gives this LP a mixtape vibe in the vein of Theodore Unit's "718" 3.5/5
    13. Blue Armor
    this beat is rad! has a sort of 80s synth feel to it. kind of slow-paced though and it gets old after a little while. 3/5
    14. You Know I'm No Good
    wicked creative beat. now and then these awesome horns pop up. the woman's singing is great too. 4.5/5
    15. Alex Stolen Script
    daaaaamn this track is smoooooth! 4/5
    16. Gotta Hold on
    kinda weak. 2.5/5
    17. Back like That remix
    not bad but i don't need to hear this again, so i give it 2/5

on first listen, i give it a 7/10

How can u not like "Miguel Sanchez", "Hard Rock" & "Blue Armor". These are the highlights of the album. This is on some hardcore shit !!! These tracks alone shit on the whole fishcale ! "Josephine" is a soul track on some conscious shit, not RnB ("Common" would be my guest on this one). There's a hugee difference ! "Back like that' is what u call a RnB track.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
    How can u not like "Miguel Sanchez", "Hard Rock" & "Blue Armor". These are the highlights of the album. This is on some hardcore shit !!! These tracks alone shit on the whole fishcale ! "Josephine" is a soul track on some conscious shit, not RnB ("Common" would be my guest on this one). There's a hugee difference ! "Back like that' is what u call a RnB track.
    co-sign this album was crazy too me and it was perfect none of the tracks were weak too me i just dont want all of it to be grimey hold on was on some jesus church shit i loved it heres a complete review

MORE FISH REVIEW!!!

here it goes never done a review...

ghost is back - 9.5/10
    shit is tight beat is nice great way to come in i was boppin my head reminds me of iron god chamber for some reason .

miguel sanchez - 10/10
    straight loved that shit bang this album is turning out crazy dope son beat is correct...and lyrics are airtight his son is truely something to be proud off nice to trife

guns and razors- 12/10
    i cut ya balls off lol beat is mad tight as fuck! damn lyrics was correct I WILL give this a second listen tho but this is crazy.

outta town shit – 10/10
    beat is nice I like that kick back shit and kick back lyrics hook is tight and cool just laid back. this hook is epic I’m already singin it after first listen and lyrics are great love this album.

good – 9.5/10
    by all u ppl I thought this song would be wack but the beat is old school shit the hook is bangin crazy we don’t love those hoes wit they flat buts caked up and chipped toes hahaha damn I was hooked after the first verse

street opera – 9.5/10
    the gangsta shit sounds like tight shit beat is nice the girl singin is a nice touch jeans hoods guns crack. sounds kind of Jamaican or summin like I love it. love the concept of it if you know what I mean..

block rock – 10/10
    tight all the beats on this album are dope but this one sounds unique its mad tight the way it sounds….its like a different kind of crazy….psychotic mental institution crazy…I top that shit and ice my nuts lol not the neighborhood bully out and pee on him….love ghosts lyrics on this album they stand out greatly after fishscale and this my respect for ghost has risen greatly.

ms info – good skit….lol

pokerface – 8/10
    I love the concept and the beat was a hit or miss to ppl and it hit…hook explains and lyrics blend perfect with it. despite other ppls feelings on it I feel this perfectly fits in the album…I can see ppl freestylin over these beats on the album….all these hooks so far have been really tight.

greedy bitches – 10/10
    aww shit!!! shit sounds good starting off before you even get to the verse…shit makes me laugh tho…if ya stomach growlin hard imma laugh boo…hahaha had me singin along yo the HOES ATE THE OREOS!!!!!this shit really makes me laugh lol…this was perfect and hilarious.

Josephine – 8.7 / 10
    usually I don’t like these kind of tracks but it had me listenin really dope lyrics and was a good listen after greedy bitches lol….i like the hook sounds good ….definitely a good track.

grew up hard – 9/10
    reminds me of block rock and that’s a good thing it’s the Jamaican feel and the hook beautiful “marinating in the slums you gotta practice survival”

blue armor – 10/10
    ooo shit!!! beat is crazy ghost tears it up from the get go.. sheek louch was a good choice wu and D block? jada in the vid….a big fuck you to 50 at the end lol sounds tight I would bang that in my car….if had 1 that’s summin you got on full volume you know wit the sound systems.

you know im no good – 8.5/10
    this reminds me of something what is it? I like it tho once you go ghost you never go back…haha he got ill lines on this…..i like how the beat changes as it goes on a lil and just doesn’t keep it mad repetitive…I love the singin works good the beat just adds to the atmosphere I see a video of this wit a small band and the chick singin….on stage in some sexy dress ghost rappin in the crowd or summin…love the nasty girl aspect it strings it all together I can see the image playing in my head…

alex (stolen script) – 10/10
    ALEX ALEX ALEX!!! hahaha ill beat perfect track love it lyrics are great I can see the whole thing going down in my head it’s a detailed story love it.

gotta hold on – 10/10
    sounds like some old skool church shit perfect takes me back sounds old skool love the hook the singin I can see someone playing the beat and hook wit some church lyrics….love it perfect…I feel every album needs a church clapper like this summin that tells em all too hold on….like tupacs hold ya head up love it.

back like that (remix) – 9/10
    I actually thought the original was tight and this one sounds tight kanye says that bitch been on my mind all week sound familiar? no sweat though sounds nice tight way too finish it off. I like the original vid where ghost rolls up and makes all the niggas chase him…this is classic to me. love for it ends album perfectly

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

damn.. i'm disappointed that charlie brown and cartoonz aren't on here..

WU TANG RULES AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by sonny getz View Post
    remember the fried fish bonus disc dude still have hope....... i hope the next ghost album is fish and chips i seriously do.

the fish thing and chips is another word for money so that would be a good title to me.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Quote Originally Posted by sonny getz View Post
    These tracks were left overs & they old now..... Move on man !

Here are my ratings:

1. Ghost is back
    Gotta pay homage to the great Rakim.. The track is fire ! The flow alone makes it a 10/10

2. Miguel Sanchez
    This is on some grimy shit.... Ghost son wins on this one. I like his verse better than Trife's. Sun God sounds like the dude from AIG. I think it's "Allah Wise". 9/10

3. Guns N' Roses
    My favorite track of the album. They all dope on it & Cappadonna is on some freddy krugger shit. His flow is mad scary & full of anger on this one. Mf Doom must have produced this banga. 100/10

4. Outta Town Shit
    This is an ok track to me. Not feeling the hook that much. It's one of those tracks that will grow on u as time flies. 7/10

5. Good
    This is not my type of tracks. The hook annoys me. This is a track i'll definitly skip. He needed this one for radio play though. It would have been better without that hook. 4/10

6. Street Opera
    Another Banga with Ghost's son. He's definitly on the right direction. Ghost needs to kick Wiggs out of Theodore Unit & add his son to the group. 8/10

7. Block Rock
    Here's another hardcore track ! The beat is on some weird shit. Underground lovers will definitly dig this one. 8/10

8. Skit N/A

9. Pokerface
    All i gotta say is that i'm not a fan of Wiggs. He's definitly an average MC. He's not worth being on Theodore Unit. He ruins this beat ! 5/10

10. Greedy Bitches
    Decent song. The beat reminds me of the 1st track on Ghostdog soundtrack. The song is decent ! It's good to hear Redman after so long. Wiggs drops another average verse. 7.5/10

11. Josephine
    This is a dope souful track on some conscious shit. The hook is very well done. Those who called this track an RnB track need to learn more about music cauz there's nothing RnB in here. The lyrics are dope ! Trife & Ghost did a good job. "Common" would have been a good guest on this one, oh well ! 10/10

12. Grew Up Hard
    This is a solo joint by Trife with Solomon Childs on the hook. The beat is ok, nothing special. It would been better if Solomon Dropped a verse. Not too impressive. 6.5/10

13. Blue Armor
    On some grimy , street shit. Sheek Louch drops a good verse. Those that like that hardcore shit will salivate after earing this track. 9/10

14. You Know I'm No Good
    This is one of those tracks that has to grow on me. The beat is average & the hook is on some Blues shit. Ghost lyrics are on point as usual, but i feel like the beat could have better. 6/10

15. Alex (Stolen Script)
    This is on some Mf Doom shit... Ghost story telling abilities are in works on this one. This is one of those tracks u have to pay attention to & listen to the lyrics closely. 8/10

16. Gotta Hold On
    Wiggs Wiggs Wiggs.... I'm tired of this guy. Definitly not my type of MC.I've heard a similar beat but can't remember where. Ghost should have been left alone on this one. I will rate it a 6.5/10 cauz the beat is decent.

17. Back Like That
    I never liked this track. Kanye is a dope producer but i don't respect him as an MC. Definitly not my type of tracks ! 4/10

Overall, this album has its up & down. There are less fillers here than Fishcale. "Gunz N' Roses" alone murder Fishcale. The album is a great effort by Ghost & i will give an overall rating of 8/10.
    Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 12-01-2006 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoX View Post

back like that (remix) – 9/10
    I actually thought the original was tight and this one sounds tight kanye says that bitch been on my mind all week sound familiar?
    "that bitch been on my mind all week" is from ghostface's verse on "ice cream."