8 18.60%
  • Mediocore

2 4.65%
  • Wack

1 2.33%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Ghostface Killah - More Fish

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

after a long time I listened to this album again and its def a 4/5...dope ass album...it would be a 5/5 if some lyrics wouldn't be so...I don't know...simple....if u make a grimey album, Ironman is the perfect example....but still, hey, not anything can be perfect...and MoreFish rullz just like Fishscale (and both are a different type of a record )

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

and ohh yeah, both Cappa and Trife really shines

just started listen to more fish again...man i love this album, proberly more than fishscale, Alex (stolen script) is just fuckin insane, so is the whole album except the ne-yo track and good...ghost is sooo consistent in all his albums, shit is crazy..
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

i still bump this every now and then

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

GFK is one of my favorite Clan members, and I feel that he consistently puts out quality albums, and while I still think Ironman was his best, I thoroughly enjoyed Fishscale and BDR but I am surprised to see nobody voted this as below average, when it pretty much sucked. There were a few good songs, but even he admitted that it was all leftovers. The album has no feel or consistency, and it is very evident that these were the tracks that weren't good enough to be on Fishscale. This is just somebody trying to get an album out before Christmas. 2/5 in general, 0/5 on the Ghostface scale.

i liked fried fish, more fish is pretty good but not ghostface at his finest

bunch of throwaway tracks

I like this album more than Fishscale! Grimey!

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Pretty nice album with lots of decent songz!!! First half of the album is fireeeee, all the tracks are ill with Outta Town Shit on a top, which is pure banger, than startin from a Greedy Bitches to da Alex r pretty wack tracks & than from Alex which is dope track till da end album is pretty good!! So all in all, very, very nice album but those 4/5 trackz r soo wack, much singin & much weak beats so I must vote for Banger!!

P.E.A.C.E.

pretty enjoyable album

Not an album. more like a mixtape or some B-sides
    "What is the meanin' of crime? is it Criminals Robbin Innocent Muthafuckaz Everytime?"

^^ word, this is definitely the least enjoyable Ghostface album to me and it doesn't have a very cohesive feel to it at all. Shawn Wiggs getting two solo tracks and he is barely an average rapper and also Trife gets two cuts that doesn't feature Ghost which is more acceptable although i don't think none of them is extremely memorable.

"Ghost is Back" is fire and a great way to open up the show, me personally i feel that Ghost and Rakim is on the same level of greatness so for Tony to pay homage to him by ripping one of his classics is very appropiate. Starks come with somewhat the same energy he displayed on "The Champ" if you ask me.

"Outta Town Shit" is another ill storytelling joint where Ghost touch on when he got shot back in the day (see 'Can it Be All So Simple') over a dusty beat from UK's Lewis Parker who also made "Shakey Dog". great track!

"Gunz N Razors" is IN-FUCKING-SANE, DOOM rips this beat - hard drums smashing a sample of the old Spider Man theme song or something lol, it definitely works well. Ghost, Trife, Killa Sin and Cappa on a posse cut produced by Doom - wow, you know it's gonna be flames!

"Block Rock", very different beat but i'm loving it and Ghostface knows how to rip anything from the shiniest R&B puff to mad smoked out underground shit like this. This one was definitely recorded for "Fishscale" cuz my copy of that LP had a sticker that said Madlib was one of the featured producers and this is his song so.

"Blue Armor" w/ Sheek Louch is crazy hardbody, real street shit - gotta love it.

"Alex" is another crazy DOOM/Ghost collabo and the weird storytelling skills of GFK is in full effect here telling us how he actually wrote the script of the movie 'Ray' but got ripped off for it. Once again the production is very strange and different but Ghost handles it like only he would.

these tracks as well as the previously released "Josephine" and "You Know I'm No Good" is the songs standing the test of time in my opinion, the rest sounds pretty average although Ghost himself is ripping shit for the most part.

3/5 at most

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!