8 18.60%
  • Mediocore

2 4.65%
  • Wack

1 2.33%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah - More Fish

Quote Originally Posted by crass xxx View Post
    "that bitch been on my mind all week" is from ghostface's verse on "ice cream."
    i know just further lets you know that kanye listens to the wu...

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

here's my review:

1) Ghost Is Back:
    After a pretty annoying intro, the banging "Know The Ledge" beat drops and Ghost destroys it with his fast delivery. Nice way to open up the album even though they could have avoided this painful New Year Eve party intro.
    4/5

2) Miguel Sanchez:
    The beat is correct on this one, nothing extraordinary, maybe a little too generic though, with some Just BLaaaze effects. Trife sounds good as usual and i'm feeling Sun God's voice and delivery. Good track overall
    3.75/5

3) Gunz And Razors:
    Ill Mf Doom beat, already on MF Food if i'm not mistaken. Ghost eats it with no mercy, giving new life to this beat. Trife's hot, same for Cappa, nice to hear him and Killa Sin. Best track so far.
    4.5/5

Outta Town Shit:
    First, the beat is real dope, got that SP1200/12 bits feel to it, real laid back and the drums bang. Ghost is dope as usual, i'm even feeling that sung chorus. And feeling the fact it's a SOLO ghost song.
    4.5/5

Good:
    I don't know how to feel about this one. Those weird horns sounds are .. weird and the bass is almost non-existant, which makes this version of the beat painful to listen to. Which is too bad, cause the song had the potential to be a dope soulful club track, but all those changes kinda ruined it.
    2.5/5

Street Opera:
    Ain't No Sunshiiiinnnneee... ill Michael Jackson flip on this one, that beat is something serious. Sun God and Ghost make a nice combo, very dope song.
    4.5/5

Block Rock:
    Madlib on this one and it's crazy. This beat is some dirty angry dusty fusturistic craziness. Perfect for Ghost, kinda like Clips Of Doom, but better!! My new fav so far lol
    5/5

Pokerface:
    A Wiggs solo... i'm not really feeling him and the beat, though it's not that bad, is kinda corny (this pitched voice is way too pitched...) It was not very necessary
    3/5

Greedy Bitches:
    Aight song, the beat is cool, it has an old school/feel good vibe. And it's good to have Redman on it... i wish it had Meth instead of Shawn Wigs...
    3.5/5

Josephine:
    Already heard it on Hi Tek compilation album. I'm not really feeling that beat so much, but Ghost and Trife both have dope verses. Aight song, even though i don't see why it's on here since Hi Tek's album has already been released...
    3.5/5

Grew Up Hard:
    Dope Jim Bond beat (i assume it is) and as i love Trife, i don't mind a solo song from him... feeling the Solomon chorus too... good song
    4/5

Blue Armor:
    Dirty hard rocking beat. Ghost shines on those. Sheek louch sounds good on it too. Another nice song.
    4.25/5

You Know I'm No Good:
    Nice live beat, way better than Josephine's one. I love the chorus too, it brings a real different vibe to it. I read that Ghost just rap other an already existant song, but yet it's coming out dope.
    4.25/5

Alex:
    That beat is .... phenomenal!! maybe my fav Doom instrumental ever! This bassline and flute... and those strings damn!! Best song on the album easely... but ghost song this year no doubt!
    5/5

Gotta Hold On:
    After Alex, what a huge drop... corny RnB beat, corny Eamon on it, and still not feeling Wiggs...
    2/5

Back Like That (Remix)
    Why putting that song again? it's not like Kanye's verse is unbelievable or there's a new beat...
    2/5

Overall, another strong release by Ghost, with some real bangers on it. But i can't help but think that overall, it sounds like a mixtape, something they put together quickly to get another album this year. It's not as cohesive as Fishscale...

3.5/5

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Wtf Happen 2 The Return Of Ironman Track

looks decent, might have to download it.

smh at kanye rhyming on a track,

i've only heard this record once so far. keep in mind, ghost is also my favorite member of the wu.

but perhaps it's cause i got a really low res quality version of the album, but to be honest, i was quite disappointed with it for the following reasons:

- the audio quality of the album seems quite poor. it's like they didn't invest any money in the production and especially the mixing of the album.

- lyrically, i think ghost is on point... the beats are okay, but the mixing kills it. you can barely hear the dynamics of the beats and the vocals all sound very low volume wise, blending into the beats and overall aren't very clear. did they even use a vocal booth? sounds like they just recorded this in someone's bedroom.

- it seems to be too much of a b-sides collection, as the album doesn't seem to be put together with much thought. no stories/movie samples or anything of the sort we've known the wu for.

- there are no other wu members on the album except donna and redman (honorary?)... what happened? not even u-god? killa? deck? meth? rae? rza? 'come on...

- it seems to also be a big promotion for Theodore Unit, esp. Trife (as always), Shawn Wiggs (the white dude), and his son: Sun God.

- so as far as an album goes, i would rank this as probrably my least favorite of all his albums due to the fact it seems like this was just an oppertunity to throw something together quick so ghost and jay can make some more cash over the holidays. i would imagine that this album wasn't given very much of a budget which is sad because it has sooo much potential!

hopefully the version that i got is just a rough draft or maybe it'll grow on me after a few more listens, cause in all honesty it's a really nice rough draft. it's audio quality is not really at 'album' quality and that KILLS it. this isn't a mixtape. no excuses. it's a MAJOR LABEL release too!

it is sad, because ghost i feel is at a pretty good point in his career and then he releases something like this... that sounds sloppy and half done. come on jay... what's going on at def jam? the nas one better be off the hook, cause kingdom come was a huge letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
    These tracks were left overs & they old now.....
    who gives a fuck if they're "old"? they haven't been officially released yet so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by sonny getz; 12-02-2006 at 12:19 AM.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN

akaTRIFE TYSON~spitboxer tha god concept's Avatar

co-sign^^^^......the albums classic
    "When I die bury me with the LO on...
    Official to the death for all eternity and so on"
    Lo Down & Dirty
    " WASTED ON THE USUAL WIT MOM DUKES WAITIN ON THE FUNERAL"
    "MY MOUSTACHE LIKE ADOLFS"-Ghostface

BrOoKLYNZ MINE

im feelin this album everysong is on point ecpecially josephine, u know im good and street opera, imma cop like 2 copies when it comes out , this is my 3rd fav ghost album after supreme clientle and ironman.. its alot better than fishcale imo
    Last edited by Reggie37co; 12-02-2006 at 02:23 AM.

First Listen Impression:

This album will serve as a good distraction until the Ghost/Doom album (hearing the two new doom tracks is driving me crazy)... should have been advertised as a Theodore or GHOSTFACE KILLAH presents THEODORE in More Fish.

Ghost comes hard as hell on this album I dont think he has a weak verse but im not THAT big of a Theo fan and this is more of them than I was prepared to hear. Shawn Wiggs is wack... he shouldve had maybe 1 and a half appeareances if anything. Madlib gave ghost a weirder beat than hed even give himself (way stranger than anything on the Quas albums). Some beats are just a bit limp sounding as well. Maybe itll grow on me...
    Last edited by J-DON; 12-02-2006 at 04:31 AM.

I'm really lovin this. Defnitely gonna cop it on the 12th. I just find it hillarious that Ghost can come with two album's worth of heat in like half a year. Anyways on with the review:

01. Ghost is Back - 9/10 - Nice throwback Rakim beat, Ghost's flow is dope as hell on this.

02. Miguel Sanchez - 8.5/10 - Like the beat alot on this but would've liked to hear Ghost on this. Still Trife and Sun come correct.
    03. Guns N' Razors - 10/10 - Beat is INSANE. 99 percent positive its a Doom beat, dope as hell. Ghost and Trife come CORRECT and Cappa was a pleasant suprise.

04. Outta Town - 10/10 - Nice to hear another solo track for Ghost. Insane instrumental again (not sure who did this) and I like Ghost's singin on this lol.

05. Good - 9/10 - lol people are gonna call me insane for rating this 9/10 but I like this track. I like Trife's verse and the dude singing the hook is dope as well. Kind of a feel good track, nice change of pace.

06. Street Opera - 9/10 - Dope having father and son trading off lines like on this song. Both of em come correct, although I wish Ghost would show him how to put a bit more emotion into his lines.

07. Block Rock - 9.5/10 - Like this alot. It's weird shit, but that beat is grimey as fuck, Ghost sounds straight up nasty on it too.

08. Miss Info Celebrity Drama (Skit) - N/A - lol yeeea

09. Pokerface - 8.5/10 - Nice track. Not my favorite but i'm still giving it an 8.5 cause of the beat and Ghost's verse. Not feeling Wigs that much on it though.

10. Greedy Bitches - 9/10 - Love this beat and the hook lol. Chill stuff, Ghost and Red are real nice on it but again...I ain't really feelin Wigs.

11. Josephine - 10/10 - On the real I love this track. Loved the Hi-Tek version with Pretty Ugly, but I like Trife a bit more so it's all good. Nice lyrics and the hook by that Willie Cottrell band or whatever is real smooth.

12. Grew Up Hard - 9/10 - Trife is definitely getting comfortable as Ghost's right hand man. He shows part of why on this track. The dude is dope and always improving every time I hear him on a new album. Kind of wish Ghost or Solomon dropped a verse on this but still nice.

13. Blue Armor - 10/10 - I fucking love this beat. Comes hard and the deliberate peace to it is pretty ill. Ghost and Sheek have a dope track everytime they hook (Metal Lungies, Movie Niggaz from Broiled Salmon, and now this). One of my favorites.

14. You Know I'm No Good - 10/10 - Another one of my favorites. Beat is just amazing, Ghost kills it obviously, and this Amy Winehouse, I never heard of her but she's nice on the hook. Like the sort of jazzy feel to this with the horns n shit too.

15. Alex (Stolen Script) - 10/10 - Another one of my favorites. lol I love these beats, pretty sure this another Doom production. Nice little story from Ghost on this, dope shit.

16. Gotta Hold On - 4/10 - Sorry but..I don't care what anybody else says this track is just fuckin wack imo. The beat isn't that great imo, pretty bubble gum, I really don't care for Wigs, and Eamon is fuckin lame in my opinion.
    17. Back Like That (Remix) - 5.5/10 - This and Gotta Hold On are the only weak tracks in my opinion. I didn't hate the original Back Like That, it was actually not bad at all. But not something i'll constantly listen to. So the fact that it's remix is almost the same thing but with a Kanye verse (who I hate as a rapper)? Just kinda lame in my opinion...

Overrall I really like this shit. Definitely glad Ghost is putting all these onto a convenient retail cd, dope shit for sure. Apart from the last two tracks I pretty much love everything. Not sure if I can say it's better than Fishscale. It's not as much of a solo album as Fishscale was, and I don't think it was mean to be as much of a complete album as Fishscale was, but it's definitely dope and nice companion piece to it.

I gotta give it a 9/10 though, amazing that Ghost can keep bringing us dope shit year after, nigga is one of the most consistent that i've seen in the industry. Props to him and Theo Unit (cept Wigs...lol)

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

Veteran Member

Notes:

1) Guns N' Razors is 'Cartoonz', an old reused beat from Doom. Its Fig Leaf Bi-Carbonate from MM....Food?

2) For all yall bitching about no Wu on here, Ghost already answered that question in a interview. No time to get any of them on there, plus Raekwon is always outta town.

3) Alex is 'Stones From Greece' the only NEW Doom beat so far

4) Miguel Sanchez is the beat from 'Chefs Recipe' I believe

5) Street Opera is 'God 2 God'

Alex (Stolen Script) is insane. Doom's production definitely brings out Ghost's crazier, more conceptual side. Lovin this track, overall despite the reused beats and a greater presence from Theodore than I would've liked this is a good album, more in the vein of 'Put It On The Line'. 'Good', 'Greedy Bitches' (which isn't even wack just not my style) 'Gotta Hold On' and 'Back Like That' are the only weak links here. I will be buying this.

someone said the "alex" beat has been used already? which doom beat is it, cuz i havent herd it yet, and is guns and razors used already aswell?

yea the guns & razors beat is from one of his Special Herbs tapes, i forget which one but i've heard that beat a ton of times (they still killed it)

I'm 100% positive that Alex is new tho

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

L~>1<~NKS

Where the hellz Shakey Dog 2???