• Average

8 18.60%
  • Mediocore

2 4.65%
  • Wack

1 2.33%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah - More Fish

Jeeeezzzz christ, this album is the shit, just got it.

Madlib really did a fucking number on "Block Rock", illest beat on that album!!!

Madlib always comes through, truely my all time fav. producer together with Doom HAHA
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

Wu Vatican

I wont make a really long review like I usually do. Most of us are all diehard fans and know everything about this album. Anyway...

Ghost Is Back-5/5- The minute and a half skit at the beginning is unecessary, but im not going to knock down the rating of that track because of it. The beat itself is old school and fast paced, which I think is great for Ghostface. Ghostface has probably reached his apex as an MC, because he is nearly flawless line for line. Great opener

Miguel Sanchez-3/5- I like the beat, and Sun God and Trife come through great. Sun God is very impressive. It's not a great track, but it's good.

Guns N' Razors-5/5- Some people on here can't stand Doom's production, and I think they are crazy. Doom brings complete fire on this track. It's re-used from Mm..food but how many people heard that album? Beat is fire, and Ghostface and Killa Sin easily come the best here. Banging track and one of the best of the year.

Outta Town Shit-2/5- The pace slows down rapidly here, and the beat is forgettable. Ghostface does well here as he always does, but this here is definately a skippable track.

Good-2/5- I don't like this track because it's unbelievebaly mainstream. The beat is actually good when there isn't a bunch of singing. Skip this track.

Street Opera-4/5- I like the beat, but I like the beat change better (when there isn't lyrics.) Sun God was nice on this, but he was better on Miguel Sanchez. Good track with a simple, effective hook.

Block Rock-3/5- Some people really love Madlib's production, and I'm one of those people most of the time. Madlib's production is original and that gets lots of credit from me, but he's much more capable than this track. It's a little too simplistic.

Pokerface-1/5- This beat is incredibly annoying. Sounds like a Kanye West beat that he threw away because it sucked and somebody picked it up and thought it was useable. I would like to also add that Shaun Wigs is a laughably awful MC. He's pitiful.

Greedy Bitches-5/5- I love this beat it's laid back and bangs hard. Ghostface is easily the best on this track. Hilarious verse. Why the fuck is Shaun Wigs on this track he's on a track with Ghostface and fucking Redman. Shaun Wigs belongs with that track off Made In Brooklyn with the kids, and even then he would get outdone. Redman and Ghost save the track though, and so does the beat. Still spent, from red and mef sitcom haha.

Josephine-4/5- Good track from Hi-Tek. Usually singing pisses me off on a track because I listen to Hip-Hop to hear good Mc'ing but this acceptable. Ghostface of course is perfect, and Trife was ok. A lot of people think Trife is a great MC on here, but I think he is only OK. On a track like this, his type of delivery is way off. He's delivering like he's saying battle lyrics, but he's storytelling. I don't know maybe im just a big critic. Good track.

Grew Up Hard-2/5- Can't really listen to this track because the beat doesn't grab me.

Blue Armor-3/5- Good beat, but it's a little too much. It's one of those tracks that I listen to about half of it but then I get tired of the beat and move on.

You Know I'm No Good-5/5- One of my favorites on the album. Great beat that gets in your head and doesn't leave. Great singing too. Like I said before, I usually hate singing in a hip hop track but this enhances the track. Ghostface of course is great. Catchy ass track.

Alex-5/5- This track is fucking unbelieveable. Thank you MF Doom for this gem. Great story from Ghost. The beat and the MC'ing sucks you in and I find myself intently paying attention to hear what Ghost is saying and the beat helps you visualize what's going on. It's perfectly done. Then when the beat changes with the violins coming in, it's euphoric. This may be better than Underwater, which I thought since Fishscale dropped was the best Wu track of the year. This may beat it.

Gotta Hold On-2/5- Another skippable. I hate you Wigs.

Back Like That Remix-2/5- Ehh it's ok.

All in all, I am happy with this album, but it's really top heavy. What I mean by that is there are a cluster of great tracks, but after them there aren't many in between there. It's great track, then skippable track. I think the good outweigh the bad and Ghostface takes the title of MC of the year. Solid effort. I'd give it 6.5/10 or a 7/10.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

9.5/10 Great disc

The Josephine type tunes are overkill ... i.e. Big Girl.

this is a Theodore Unit album ... but they put it as ghostface to make it more appealing... for fans in order to buy the album.... but this is way better than 718 ... on par with fishscale.. fishscale is more cohesive but more fish got bangers for days..

Veteran Member

I was happily suprised with this album. I feared it was just some Ghostface left-overs with some crappy rappers, but it actually turned out quite good. Except for that horrible remix of that already horrible track with NeYo.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    9.5/10 Great disc

The Josephine type tunes are overkill ... i.e. Big Girl.
    funny u say that, cause I thought that Big Girl and Josephine were the among the standout tracks on their respected albums

Hey, bros, help me! I have this album, but it's not full- only 13 tracks! Can smb of you upload tracks №№:

05GFK- Good.mp3

10GFK- Greedy Bitches.mp3

12GFK- Grew Up Hard.mp3

16 GFK Gotta Hold On.mp3

If you have them, PLEASE, upload them!
    Peace!

~AmErIkAs MoSt wAnTeD~ DeeDisciple36's Avatar

8.5 outta 10

Real BANGAA!!
    Pete Mother Fucking ROCK!!!

G-Unit AND Fuck Dip-Set!!! What!!

Quote Originally Posted by maSta-s View Post
    Hey, bros, help me! I have this album, but it's not full- only 13 tracks! Can smb of you upload tracks №№:

05GFK- Good.mp3

10GFK- Greedy Bitches.mp3

12GFK- Grew Up Hard.mp3

16 GFK Gotta Hold On.mp3

If you have them, PLEASE, upload them!
    Peace!
    It's aight, guys, I already have it! Thanx to RAMESH!
    Peace!

this album is bangin.
    next to bronzens great migration it is the best wu solo album in 2006.

its amazing how ghost holds his high quality of rap.
    i think it is a bit better than fishscale, cause there is not so much r n b.
    i dont like sinin' in hiphop but "im no good" and "josephine" are bangin.... its not r n b, its more soul, what fits more to ghost.

fav tracks

josephine
    im no good
    alex
    street opera
    ghost is back

rankin in 2006:
    1.bronze - great migration
    2.more fish
    3. made in brooklyn
    4. fishscale - 4:21

let`s look forward for wu reunion in 2007 and pray for more rza productions... this man is crazy... hes the head

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Is this another album of Ghost? Didn't he just pblished Fishcale album?? He must been busy, is this just double cd splitted to 2 parts?

^^ No two different albums.

A Little late on this shit.

Fav Tracks:
    Ghost Is Back
    Miguel Sanchez
    Gunz N Razors
    Outta Town Shit
    Street Opera
    Josephine
    Alex

Overall...9.5 (A)

another banga...my favorite track is alex, and i lik ghost's lyrics on josephine...6/10 for me

It's crazy, I think most ppl got the album backwards. It's alot more like a Theodore unit album than a ghostface album. I can't see how anybody can hate on Shawn Wiggs, he eats Sun god, and he easily has what it takes to be the best white rapper out. He doesn't quite have the witty lyrics that Em has, but as far as flow/style/credibility Wiggs is better.

01. Ghost Is Back - I hate this song, too late 80s'ish. Something about that Era of hip hop I just can;t stand.

02. Miguel Sanchez - I like this track, the yeah yeah shit in the beginning is hot. Sounds like Trife picked up alotta shit from ghost, cuz he's gettin good with storytellin. Sun gods OK, his flow is too young, it sounds like he needs some more experience to hang with Theodore. I'm not a fan of his style/voice either, but for some reason he's OK, I don't hate his shit.

03. Guns N' Razors - This shit is hot. Cappa and Sin rip it.

04. Outta Town shit - See this is where Ghost shines best. When most storytellin MC's do a storytellin track they flow the same throughout the shit. When Ghost does it, when he starts gettin pissed in the story, he starts soundin pissed, gettin all excited and shit.

05. Good - Nah, not my type of shit, I can see ghost rockin a shiny suit in this one

06. Street Opera - Shit's decent. The beat compliments Sun God's style pretty good, I actually like him in this one.

07. Block Rock - I skip this track

09. Pokerface - Wiggs is nice here. I like the beat too, that weird soundin bitch sticks in my head

10. Greedy Bitches - I like this shit. It's nice and simple. I usually don't like the appearences that Redman makes on Wu shit, but he's nice here

11. Josephine - Ghost is the king of origional ol' school style tracks. Most of you cats don't understand that these Wu niggas are gettin old. Ghost is what 36, 37? I ain't nearly that old but nothin flows as nice as the ol' school shit. How many of ya's got some Marvin Gaye or some Al Green tracks in there with your Wu stuff? The youngins can just leave this one alone

12. Grew Up Hard - It's straight, but not spectacular. I like it tho

13. Blue Armor - Not a fan of this track. It'd prolly be OK if Sheek wasn't on the shit. Sheeks lyrics are fuckin dumb. He'd be OK if he let somebody else write his shit.

14. You know I'm no Good - I feel the same about this as Josephine, I like that one a little better tho.

15. Alex (Stolen Script) - ehh It's OK

16. Gotta Hold On - Here comes wigs with that hot shit again.

17. Back Like That (Remix) - This song is alright for a radio joint. I hated the origional, but it grew on me. The origional is better tho. I still feel like Ghost already did this song on Bulletproof wallets With Carl Thomas instead of Ne-yo. I don't really like this made-for-radio stuff, but Ghost did it alot better with Chez Chez La Ghost.
    Last edited by blazini36; 01-28-2007 at 05:36 AM.

Veteran Member

please people stop syaing this album better than fishscale no where near!

good album but no way as good as fishscale