Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religions

Default Religions

"The most persistent form of the antagonism between the Jew and the Christian is the religious antagonism. How is an antagonism to be resolved? By making it impossible. And how is a religious antagonism made impossible? By abolishing religion. Once Jew and Christian recopognize their respective religions as nothing more than different stages in the evolution of the human spirit, as different snake skins shed by history, and recognize man the snake that wore them, they will no longer find themselves in religious antagonism but only in a critical, scientific, and human relationship. Science, then, constitutes their unity."

"If we find even in a country with full political emancipation, that religion not only exists, but is fresh and vital, we have proof that the existence of religion is not incompatible with the full development of the state. But since the existence of religions implies a defect, the source of this defect must be sought in the nature of the state itself. We no longer take religion to be the basis, but only the manifestation, of secular narrowness. Hence, we explain religion's restriction of free citizens on the basis of their secular restriction. We do not claim that they must transcend their religious restrictions in order to transcend their secular limitations. We do claim that they will transcend their religious restriction, once they have transcended their secular limitations."

funny you mention that

on another forum i post at, a dude made this comment today:

Don't forget that the human is an animal that wants to find meaning in it's actions. Even false meaning.

It is an animal that believes that even false meaning is better than no meaning at all.

Hence, religion.
    what would enable people to transcend 'secular limitations'?
    all the points have been made

not exactly sure, this is marx from last semester and i don't have my notebook with me. I believe it was some sort of general gaining of awareness, possibly through a revolution. This occurence is neccesary for the communist epoch of history.

Veteran Member

I think that religion is a necessity. Science can only take us so far and only tell us so much. You've got to step out of the realm of the scientific sometimes.
    And what shall we toast?

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!

Quote Originally Posted by Os3y3ris View Post
    I think that religion is a necessity. Science can only take us so far and only tell us so much. You've got to step out of the realm of the scientific sometimes.

so then you believe that some religion out there is actually true?

i don't think he means the end of spirituality, but the end of religion.

Veteran Member

so then you believe that some religion out there is actually true?
    For all intents and purposes, yes. The problem is that with our limited perspective, we can't possibly understand this and therefore rely on either blind faith or disbelief, both of which yield no results. The death of ego is the birth of God and therefore the birth of self. To reap the benefits of religion, whether on an organized level or simply an individual spiritual level, one must open the third eye and see for themselves what lies beyond the walls of reality.

Basically, smoke Salvia.
    And what shall we toast?

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!

Veteran Member

i don't think he means the end of spirituality, but the end of religion.
    Whats religion but a shared spirituality?
    And what shall we toast?

For all intents and purposes, yes. The problem is that with our limited perspective, we can't possibly understand this and therefore rely on either blind faith or disbelief, both of which yield no results. The death of ego is the birth of God and therefore the birth of self. To reap the benefits of religion, whether on an organized level or simply an individual spiritual level, one must open the third eye and see for themselves what lies beyond the walls of reality.

Basically, smoke Salvia.

a revolution of salvia smoking, i think that could find a niche.

Whats religion but a shared spirituality?
    religion is supposed to be a spirituality but it becomes a means of identification for people. "I'm a christian" "I'm a protestant" "I'm muslim" "I'm jewish" The existence of more then one religion unfortunately means that the masses are gonna think they are better then the other religions, the "i've got it right" factor. If there could be some acknowledgement of equality throughout all religions, they might be able to work. Or we find out which one is right one day.

a religion is a shared spirituality with a tendency to enforce rules

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    religion is supposed to be a spirituality but it becomes a means of identification for people. "I'm a christian" "I'm a protestant" "I'm muslim" "I'm jewish" The existence of more then one religion unfortunately means that the masses are gonna think they are better then the other religions, the "i've got it right" factor. If there could be some acknowledgement of equality throughout all religions, they might be able to work. Or we find out which one is right one day.
    it depends on what you are looking for

they all have 'right' elements

tolerance is great

so is the understanding that you can say the same thing many different ways

Veteran Member

Well, the issue is that they haven't properly killed their egos before attempting to engage in spiritual practice. Smoke more Salvia and just let her spiral. You won't have any time to worry about someone elses religion because you'll be too busy living yours.
    And what shall we toast?

Well, the issue is that they haven't properly killed their egos before attempting to engage in spiritual practice. Smoke more Salvia and just let her spiral. You won't have any time to worry about someone elses religion because you'll be too busy living yours.
    lmfao

O owns stocks in salvia research and development

take them training wheels off your bike homie

hagakure delivers all the goods salvia does

Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    it depends on what you are looking for

they all have 'right' elements

tolerance is great

so is the understanding that you can say the same thing many different ways

yeah, imagine if every christian read the koran and every muslim read the bible. A worldwide holy book swapping event.

Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    lmfao

O owns stocks in salvia research and development

take them training wheels off your bike homie

hagakure delivers all the goods salvia does

have you put down the beans and rice for sword and shield?