Thread: Missy's Gassed

Veteran Member

Default Missy's Gassed

Is it just me or is Missy way overated?

people in the media talk about her work like it's ground breakin. like she's raising the bar.

when i hear her rhymes on tv or the radio ('cause i would never buy that shit), it always sounds like some shit a five year old would come up with.

the production: i really don't care for that shit. i can't deny the talent it takes to make a records, so they (her and tambaland) get props for that. but it's just not my sound.

i'll admit i'm a true player hater. nice mc's can't eat, while fake ass commercial acts are makin mils ( well, it's a capitalist system. whatever sells)

am i alone on this

one

separatin game from truth

Default Re: Missy's Gassed

Nah, you're not alone. Anybody with a brain can see that Missy's terrible, especially now. She was better back in the days of "Rain" etc. Now it's just nonsense trash rhymes that people can yell in a club while shaking their ass.

People who call Missy's stuff groundbreaking are getting it twisted because it's her production and videos that are always pushing boundaries. If you ask me, she has very little to do with those things other than saying "yeah, I like it". Timbaland (and recently Pharrell with the beat for 'On & On') provides her with really weird beats that people will either love or hate.

Far as I'm concerned Missy's just surrounded by good people. She herself has very little talent, except maybe for losing weight. Props to pound-droppers.
    Free from the mold, breaking the distance/
    A cause to face fears fraught with aching persistence...

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by arcane
    Far as I'm concerned Missy's just surrounded by good people. She herself has very little talent, except maybe for losing weight. Props to pound-droppers.
    Co-sign
    Without Timbaland she would be nothing.
    "When I die, fuck it I wanna go to hell
    Cause I'm a piece of shit, it ain't hard to fuckin' tell
    It don't make sense, goin' to heaven wit the goodie-goodies
    Dressed in white, I like black Timbs and black hoodies"

Timbaland deserves all of her credit. That will always be missy's strongpoint, the tight beats. and what's really sad is that her rediculous videos are doin' the trick. Just because you have a nice music video doesn't mean u a good MC, it's like people get hypnotized watchin MTV and thinking the opposite. oh yeah, one more thing, Missy is definitely not hot enough(i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the majority of people would agree with me) to rap about sex as frequently as she does, esp. back in the day when she was like 300lbs. peace.

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
    Not even if I fell from ten stories high
    Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
    No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
    I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz

shes way too overrated i fuking hate her flow her lyrics its all shit. i dont understand why she is in such a high position in the rap business. i wonder want timberland thinks off this issue.
    SHES TAKEN ALL THE CREDIT MAN WAKE THE FUK UP

separatin game from truth

Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah199
    oh yeah, one more thing, Missy is definitely not hot enough(i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the majority of people would agree with me) to rap about sex as frequently as she does, esp. back in the day when she was like 300lbs. peace.
    Word - I don't want to be hearing about her "chocha". Nasty shit.
    Free from the mold, breaking the distance/
    A cause to face fears fraught with aching persistence...

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com

she should just stick to making crappy reality shows

still standin tall