Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated/Overrated

Default Most Underrated/Overrated

Most underrated : Juice

He's really lyrical and his flow is tight. I dunno how many of u have heard of him but hes truly a gr8 mc and he even beat Eminem in a battle way back be4 em got signed. Check out his album 'Tip of the iceberg'.

Most Overrated : Tupac

True, hes contributed a lot for rap but when people make him out to be the g.o.a.t u have to say thats hes overrated.

still standin tall

Default Re: Most Underrated/Overrated

underrated: u-god

this guy has ripped every track he's been on. i can get with people people who say they dont like his style but i dont understand people who say he cant rhyme. some people just dont have any reading comprehention skills. you gotta put some effort into lyrical intepretation.

overrated: dr. dre

the guy made some good beats when he was down with NWA. he ripped off every funkadelic beat in his death row days and he made some hits(so did puff daddy and mannie fresh). this guy has got be the most overrated producer of all time.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

about your u-god decision i agree, because i think he's overshadowed by the other wu members since they're obviously more well known but when u said he ripped every track hes been on.....shall i remind u about black shampoo?

and yea dre is overrated his beats wer way better back when he dropped chronic

still standin tall

underrated- The RZA, Illogic

RZA is really good lyrically and he really knows how to put a song together. I dont think his solo has ever gotten the recognition it deserves. Songs like "see the joy" " a day to god is 1000 years" "samurai showdown raise your sword" and "fatal" are genius.

Illogic's words are insane. Hes not very well known but the metaphors and lyrics he uses are unparalled.

Overrated - der? ... The Game Lil Flip Snoop Dogg (other than Doggystyle)

i dont think his overrated he does deserves the credit for creating eminem 50 and the rest. who are truthfully the biggest rappers out there.
    i think u god is underrated
    overrated a can draw up a list nelly, fat joe, ja rule, g-unit, missy, and lots more

most underrated = AZ, hands f*ckin down. All of his albums are gems to me, he's consistant, his rhyming ability is incredible, he's maad smooth(some of his joints could get some good rotation)... but a lot of(too many) people will always think of him as Nas' sidekick or that cat on "Life's A Bitch", it really is a damn shame. I can't wait for AWOL to drop, I'm definitely gonna give him some well deserved appreciation by coppin it. peace

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
    Not even if I fell from ten stories high
    Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
    No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
    I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz

Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah199
    most underrated = AZ, hands f*ckin down. All of his albums are gems to me, he's consistant, his rhyming ability is incredible, he's maad smooth(some of his joints could get some good rotation)... but a lot of(too many) people will always think of him as Nas' sidekick or that cat on "Life's A Bitch", it really is a damn shame. I can't wait for AWOL to drop, I'm definitely gonna give him some well deserved appreciation by coppin it. peace
    I waw about to say AZ but u got showed him the respect

Most Overrated: Tupac obviously, Jay-Z (one good album)

FRESH FISH

Underrated: Cormega
    Overrated: 50 cent
    It blows extreme, mean stream be the theme
    Supreme team, America's Cream Team, redeemed
    Vidal Sassoon, chrome tones hear the moans of Al Capone
    Gun POW to the dome
    And split the bone, wig blown off the ledge
    By the alledged, full - fledged, sledge RZA edge

Quote Originally Posted by Funk_Dock
    about your u-god decision i agree, because i think he's overshadowed by the other wu members since they're obviously more well known but when u said he ripped every track hes been on.....shall i remind u about black shampoo?

and yea dre is overrated his beats wer way better back when he dropped chronic
    black shampoo was a love song and i dont think you could make a hiphop love song any better than that. so as far as hiphop love songs go, u-god ripped it.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Underrrated: Royce Da 5'9"

Straight outta Detroit, beefed with Em, destroyed D12 witht he song Malcolm X, and made a clasic album Death Is Certain. So witty with punchlines and shit, dunno why most people don't know him.

Overrated: 50 cent

Come on, do I need an explanation?

Veteran Member

AZ-the most underrated of all time. He can spit and flow w/the best.

Overrated? Pac(by Pac stans that he's the greatest) and Em(by young fans that know NOTHING 'bout hip hop)
    Wu Tang Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    black shampoo was a love song and i dont think you could make a hiphop love song any better than that. so as far as hiphop love songs go, u-god ripped it.
    Ya dude, I agree "BLACK SHAMPOO" was good for a love joint........I got no problems with rappers doing love joints if they got some soul, and are not on some Commercial 'I love your booty, and i want to give you a hug" shit.......like "All I need" by METH is dope too.........as goes for "all that I gots is you" by Ghost.....these songs have soul

some of you Fags are saying that DR DRE is overated????? he basically created the west coast sound of the 1990's........and has had some of the biggest hits over the past 15 years......discovered Snoop Dogg and Eminem......give your head a shake retards.

Furthermore, Tupac may not be a lyrical cat........but nobody in hip hop has had as much charisma on the mic as Pac

Dre was hot back then, and up until 2001, but now he is producing 50 cent.. he has been wack from 2002-now, maybe detox will bring him back ill wait and see