Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Overrated bands?

nirvana were nuthin genius IMO
    highly overrated (thanks to Cobain's martyrdom)
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Pink Floyd... anyone who dissagrees its up to you, its my opinion. i forced myself to listen to that music, n its NOTHING great. theres alot more better bands out there. like arctic monkeys
    If I Offend You .. Fuck You I Intend To ..

Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    Pink Floyd... anyone who dissagrees its up to you, its my opinion. i forced myself to listen to that music, n its NOTHING great. theres alot more better bands out there. like arctic monkeys
    Just out of interest what did you listen to? Dark Side Of The Moon is in my top 3 albums of all time, and I'm pretty much PURE hip-hop. Saw Roger Waters live a few weeks ago too, fucking insane!

What do you mean by over-rated? To me the likes of Beastie Boys are over-rated, simply because they get mentioned all the time with "greatest groups ever" when the likes of Black Star and The Roots get left out.

My Chemical Romance. They don't make good music, and won't have any fans once this fad dies out.

I don't get how you could call the Sex Pistols over-rated.. Any idea the effect they had on people and music industry? Chuck in The Clash while you're at it.

And ACDC? just lmao

I don't get alot of the names dropped here, while seeing it in the context of a hiphop board.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    Just out of interest what did you listen to? Dark Side Of The Moon is in my top 3 albums of all time, and I'm pretty much PURE hip-hop. Saw Roger Waters live a few weeks ago too, fucking insane!

What do you mean by over-rated? To me the likes of Beastie Boys are over-rated, simply because they get mentioned all the time with "greatest groups ever" when the likes of Black Star and The Roots get left out.

My Chemical Romance. They don't make good music, and won't have any fans once this fad dies out.

I don't get how you could call the Sex Pistols over-rated.. Any idea the effect they had on people and music industry? Chuck in The Clash while you're at it.

And ACDC? just lmao
    i just know so many people who hold them in such high (cant think of the word) n i dont think they're anything special. sure it was like 40 years they came out. why are they so special? ive listening to DSOTM, The Wall, the animals one. and some other random tracks my X made me listen to.

the only thing i like about them, is the sample used on Leak Bros album (Waterworld - follow the liters) thats a cool little riff, sampled from ''any colour you like'' but thats about it.

Word you're looking for is "regard", mate

Probably not your style. Think about what was goin on back in the 60's drug wise and stuff, then think about their music. They made psychadellic rock, music that would make you trip and were the first to do it. DSOTM was just AMAZINGLY produced, makes you feel, gets you in a trance with an eerie mellow and great lyrics.

They were inovators too.. tracks like "money" switching up the beat form 3 times throughout the song when 99% of rock was purely 4/4.

But yeah, it's old school classic rock and roll, the REAL stuff, if you don't like em I won't be able to change that. Just don't see them as "over-rated" and I never used to rate them. Sorry for dribbling, peace!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Kills G-Unit View Post
    every boyband & south rap group
    so u think that Outkast is overrated...nah, that's stupid

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TUCO View Post
    nirvana were nuthin genius IMO
    highly overrated (thanks to Cobain's martyrdom)
    overrated, yes. but nuthin genius..grohl was very good on the drums, and in my opinion the In Utero album is flawless...Kurt had his problems and thats why they had tracks like Something in the way...

what I was tryin' to say- 4 me, they are somewhere between top10-20 of my fav bands..they just made good music and thats all

and Soundgarden isnt overrated, its even underrated, because they have a very good discography...

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    Word you're looking for is "regard", mate

Probably not your style. Think about what was goin on back in the 60's drug wise and stuff, then think about their music. They made psychadellic rock, music that would make you trip and were the first to do it. DSOTM was just AMAZINGLY produced, makes you feel, gets you in a trance with an eerie mellow and great lyrics.

They were inovators too.. tracks like "money" switching up the beat form 3 times throughout the song when 99% of rock was purely 4/4.

But yeah, it's old school classic rock and roll, the REAL stuff, if you don't like em I won't be able to change that. Just don't see them as "over-rated" and I never used to rate them. Sorry for dribbling, peace!
    appreciate the sensible reply instead of aload of flaming which is what you'l usually get around here. yer i just never really liked em. oh well.

Radiohead And Nirvana Overated??? Wowowow.. Try My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy.. Staright Up Emo Bullshit

Pink Floyd really got some crazy production on their albums. That's some superb mastering of sounds.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Banned

whoever said jimi hendrix was overrated is fucking deaf ...

its funny to note all these people saying the beatles, the doors, ac/dc, led zeppelin ... look how old you are ... when they all first hit there was no sound like them ^^ ... they all kicked the door down on creativity ... to say any of the above bands are overrated is an absurdly poor form of judgement ... it doesnt matter if you like them or not thats not whats being asked ... tell me a band today that created a whole new sound like they all did ? ... you cant really appreciate them as much as when they first came on because it was a whole different vibe ... today theres so much music past and present ... that being said ... the rolling stones are overrated ... theyre good ... but the not the greatest like everyone makes out ...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Slipknot & Greenday

Rage Against the Machine

bump