Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Overrated bands?

Poison
    Motley Crue
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Adele. Great voice, songs are lackluster to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Poison
    Motley Crue
    poison sucks but crue's "Shout at the devil" album is a claSSIC

^^I'll check out the album, thanks, I don't know that one. I only know them as a singles band.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

Queen

^ Nah they have a lot of hits. Not sure about their albums though.

Muse.

Queen have a cheap official "Deep Cuts" compilation series, three single volume CDs (€8 per CD), with the best of their album cuts. Along with the Greatest Hits double or triple CD package that's about all the Queen you need.

I'm biased though. I grew up on Queen, my parents played the greatest hits comps a lot.

Placebo
    Marilyn Manson
    Retired.

can't stand the beatles.

it's one of those opinions that i never bother bringing up really because most people will either think you're an idiot (and you don't "understand" "songwriting") or you're just trying to be edgy.

i've tried to get into their albums on multiple occasions and the appeal just bemuses me. i listen to a decent range of music and tend to like stuff across genre's... i like stuff from the era the beatles made music in... i just think their music was bad. it's not like i just don't see what the big deal is, i genuinely dislike their music and find it irritating when it's on.

^^they never clicked with me as an album band either, as a singles band sure though

on an unrelated note, it takes me extremely long to get into overproduced albums. I was just ranking Prince albums in another thread and this is why his self produced debut "For You" ended up in the penultimate spot. It's a solid album but it took me years to find the songs beneath the production. Another example, it took me four years to get into Boston. Tom Scholz from Boston is another one of those guys who produces 'to perfection'. This is why I'm wary of Mutt Lange producer credits on classic rock albums too. I still haven't gotten into Def Leppard for these reasons.
    Retired.

You pair of creeps lol who tf doesn't like The Beatles?

I think they deserve pretty much all the praise they get. Those songs (and albums) are going to live forever.

Alan Partridge*: I like all the bands. I've got a broad taste, you know, from the Britpop bands, like UB40, Def Leppard, right back to classic rock, like Wings. Ben : Who's Wings?
    Alan Partridge They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Alan Partridge*: I like all the bands. I've got a broad taste, you know, from the Britpop bands, like UB40, Def Leppard, right back to classic rock, like Wings. Ben : Who's Wings?
    Alan Partridge They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
    lol that's a great bit.

I think Macca is turning 80 either today or tomorrow, there's a profile on it in today's newspaper I have yet to read. The headline says he doesn't know how to read musical annotation (it's along the lines of '10 things you don't know about ...'), gotta say I'm a bit surprised
    Retired.

I like McCartneys goofy solo albums and Wings tbh. Lennon solo doesn't do much for me.

lol, lennon solo is the only beatles stuff i can tolerate - always liked this album

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    ^^they never clicked with me as an album band either, as a singles band sure though

on an unrelated note, it takes me extremely long to get into overproduced albums. I was just ranking Prince albums in another thread and this is why his self produced debut "For You" ended up in the penultimate spot. It's a solid album but it took me years to find the songs beneath the production. Another example, it took me four years to get into Boston. Tom Scholz from Boston is another one of those guys who produces 'to perfection'. This is why I'm wary of Mutt Lange producer credits on classic rock albums too. I still haven't gotten into Def Leppard for these reasons.
    yeah, for me that depends on the genre. most rock music i don't want to have that clean, really produced sound but if it's some synth pop, disco, new-wave etc. i'm fine with it.