26 60.47%

10 23.26%

2 4.65%

3 6.98%

1 2.33%

1 2.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Binary Star ~ Masters of The Universe

ive actually grown to like One be lo's Sonogram better than Masters of the universe, but consider both to be classics

I never checked out Senim's solo stuff because of it's poor reception.

But i did always prefer him to One.Be.Lo.

His flow is impeccable.

Although the track posted has a weird beat, i still think Senim shines through.

I'll have to get that album.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

lol whats that one song in the album where the entire second verse is one big ass multi ahahahah i always loved that verse

Reality Check.

Silla really destroys the album.

And so does One Be Lo, plus the production is fucking amazing. I've had Reality Check, Indy 500 and Slang Blade on repeat forever, and still aren't tired of any of them. This easily goes into my top 3 of all time.

By the way, anyone heard that they are reunited? I think they're touring now, with a new album coming up.

- Reality Check
    - Honest Expression
    - The K.G.B.
    - Glen Close

Those four songs blow away most MCs discography's. The chorus and scratching they do on the chorus of Honest Expression is genius. My favorite verse comes from OneManArmy on K.G.B. He fucking kills it. Dope album. 9/10

One Be Lo K.G.B. verse

A whack emcee is something I could never be
    That's like growing dreadlocks while you taking chemotherapy
    Theoretically pen and paper is the recipe
    Alphabetically I'm coming after you like the letter V
    If you ever step to me, the worst is yet to come
    You'll never get the best of me
    Call it like a referee
    Call it destiny, check the melody
    Break the law of gravity
    And lyrically catch a felony
    I make it harder for the next emcee that's my specialty
    Rappers better be tryin ta rap ahead of me
    I'm a hard act to follow I could prove it medically
    I'm sick in the head I could move a crowd with mental telepathy
    Expect nothing less of me, top pedigree
    Rap assassin, blastin'with syllable weaponry
    Shoot the sheriff then the deputy
    Don't be testin' me
    Whoever think they fat can get the Dig Gregory

I think you guys were a bit late to catch on given that I was listening to WaterWorld back in '99 or '00 and then they re-released it as masters of the universe in something like '01 and i was spinning this shit way back when. They're out of michigan and never really got any good label support. but then again i'm usually ahead of my time anyways and look for the most obscure slept on shit i can find.

I agree that if you love this album you will definitely love s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m.

the other guy is senom silla and then you got the dj/producer Decompoze

I made it to a lot of onebelo's concerts whenever he came through. Think i may have even blazed with him once behind stage...hard to remember it was a while ago. I think i have his vinyl LP autographed. I remember he hooked me up with a bunch of stickers and flyers and shit. onebelo is a cool cat. not feeling his latest shit as much but the guy is as authentic as they come.

props to sean bateman for posting this...i don't know how to give rep but its good to know that binary star is finally getting credit 10 years later.

waterworld has most of the same tracks as masters' but they were in a different order and had some extra bass on some songs...not sure..

waterworld too was kind of a flop.

project fetus was pretty good. the rebirth came out in 2007 and i wasn't feeling it quite as much but i certainly don't hate on it either. senom silla's got the name, the motto, the outcome which has a few gems on it. Supposedly he and onebelo got into some beef shortly after waterworld dropped and the pair became separated which was a fucking travesty considering how good they were together. some of the best metaphors i've ever heard.

anyone who has crossed this thread and not heard the album, consider this your chance. cop the fucking album! You slept 10 years! i have all the cds and the vinyl lps and singles accapellas etc.! it is that good!

okay i pulled out waterworld and masters of the universe for comparison

waterworld came out first.

Waterworld has at least 2 cuts that didn't make masters of the universe. One is called Freakin Flows and the other is Dat Fast Food Joint. They also have Whats It All About. I'll post these songs if its cool...

Also they were affiliated with Athletic Mic League (i think). I have a couple athletic mic league albums from wayyyy back. I'd have to dig them up...

FRESH FISH

Top 5 underground album ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    I think you guys were a bit late to catch on given that I was listening to WaterWorld back in '99 or '00 and then they re-released it as masters of the universe in something like '01 and i was spinning this shit way back when. They're out of michigan and never really got any good label support. but then again i'm usually ahead of my time anyways and look for the most obscure slept on shit i can find.

I agree that if you love this album you will definitely love s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m.

the other guy is senom silla and then you got the dj/producer Decompoze

I made it to a lot of onebelo's concerts whenever he came through. Think i may have even blazed with him once behind stage...hard to remember it was a while ago. I think i have his vinyl LP autographed. I remember he hooked me up with a bunch of stickers and flyers and shit. onebelo is a cool cat. not feeling his latest shit as much but the guy is as authentic as they come.

props to sean bateman for posting this...i don't know how to give rep but its good to know that binary star is finally getting credit 10 years later.

waterworld has most of the same tracks as masters' but they were in a different order and had some extra bass on some songs...not sure..

waterworld too was kind of a flop.

project fetus was pretty good. the rebirth came out in 2007 and i wasn't feeling it quite as much but i certainly don't hate on it either. senom silla's got the name, the motto, the outcome which has a few gems on it. Supposedly he and onebelo got into some beef shortly after waterworld dropped and the pair became separated which was a fucking travesty considering how good they were together. some of the best metaphors i've ever heard.

anyone who has crossed this thread and not heard the album, consider this your chance. cop the fucking album! You slept 10 years! i have all the cds and the vinyl lps and singles accapellas etc.! it is that good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    okay i pulled out waterworld and masters of the universe for comparison

waterworld came out first.

Waterworld has at least 2 cuts that didn't make masters of the universe. One is called Freakin Flows and the other is Dat Fast Food Joint. They also have Whats It All About. I'll post these songs if its cool...

Also they were affiliated with Athletic Mic League (i think). I have a couple athletic mic league albums from wayyyy back. I'd have to dig them up...

I made this thread in 2006, when the hip hop album reviews section was created

I can't really even remember how i heard about them, i think maybe Reality Check was on a CD mix that a friend of my brothers gave him.

In 2004 or whenever it was you could download Waterworld for free on they're website. They took that down later though, maybe in 2005.

I think only 500 copies of Waterworld were made? Or some really small press anyway, a couple of guys on here have it on CD though from memory.

Dat Fast Food Joint, Freakin' Flows and What It's All About are really good tracks, i think they must have been left off due to sampling issues. Freakin' Flows as one of Decompozes' smoothest beats.

PRODIGAL SUN UncontrolledSubstans's Avatar

Rare tracks of "Underworld":

Freakin Flowz: http://www.zshare.net/audio/76158469043dba37/

Dat Fast Food Joint: http://www.zshare.net/audio/76158504b3358cfa/

What It's All About: http://www.zshare.net/audio/761585384ae8767c/

I also recommend this quite rare track:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7615858073428aad/

After a few days of listening to this I give it a 10/10, I'm sorry for hastily voting it a 9. This album is definitely a classic, if you haven't bought it yet you should as soon as possible. Production is top notch and all of the lyrics are point on. Out of 17 actual songs I like 15 of them a lot. This has been on constant rotation for the past 4 days. Binary Star is not in it for the money, they are in it to make good music. You won't hear anything about killing people or how much money they have, it's all intelligent content.
    Last edited by Hocmat; 06-03-2010 at 06:25 PM.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH Synthesizer Patel's Avatar

best album i've ever come across. and its replayability is insane. 10/10

PRODIGAL SUN

I've really got to check this whole album out, I listen to Reality Check a lot, dope song, if the rest of the album is like that then this could be a god damn classic.

Poet Of The Streets

I think you guys were a bit late to catch on given that I was listening to WaterWorld back in '99 or '00 and then they re-released it as masters of the universe in something like '01 and i was spinning this shit way back when.
    quit actin like a female. WW dropped in 99 and MOTU dropped LESS THAN A YEAR LATER which was exactly when I copped the album. You got the ORIGINAL project fetus that Lo dropped in 02 thru the Sub website... WHEN IT DROPPED... cuz that's when I copped and only 1000 were pressed. You got the PHYSICAL of WaterWorld Too? cuz I do...

point is no one cares. kids is enjoyin the albums so dont come in on some high and mighty I had it first shit cuz that's real feminine.

edit-10/10 no question and one of the best 10/10 albums on top of that. I actually had this, project fetus and sonogram all in my player a few weeks back and let them shits blast all weekend, I was dancin like a motherfucka in my house too haha.
    Last edited by Meta4; 02-11-2011 at 10:37 AM.