Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Loyalty"

Veteran Member

Default "Loyalty"

Today I am free of my past. A past that brought about nothing but trouble and jealousy from friends who I thought were genuine. In 2000 I started having seizures at the age of 19 and to escape the reality of taking "pills" for the rest of my life(), I started writing rhymes. Now I wasn't the type to keep a journal or go to a therapist. My therapy was to express my feelings by writing a rhyme with no structure. My raps were 3 pages long, I even rhymed a couple of my English Papers, which seems so childish now.

I loved being around my "friends" and recording how I felt about home, problems, world issues, the real day to day shit. I wasn't afraid to express and say what I truly felt, I just wanted the madness to seize. I was a bit unrealistic . But my "friends" were just along for the ride. They never took it serious. This is where the word Loyalty comes into play.

Everyone has been burned by someone they think is their friend. Mine is no different. I mean "friends" support eachother through thick and thin. Not when they see that you are doing good. Friends should call when they just want to say "what's up", not when they need something. "Friends" should know when to be "Friends" not taught how to be "Friends."

See it's deeper than what i'm saying. To some it may seem as if I'm complaining about not getting enough attention from my friends or getting fucked over. Naw it's more than that. It's like I was around street dudes and I had forgotten that I had left that lifestyle, they didn't want to see me do good. Every time they faced a setback or adversity, they stopped being "Friends." Immortal Technique said this, "I don't project my insecurities on other people!" They should learn the meaning of that line. It's very simplistic yet extremely powerful.

I use to live in an apartment with my brother and my parents in Queens, NY. We moved to Delaware. Left for good. Bought a house. Big ass house. God willing, by early next year, I should be a business owner with my brother. I love NYC. But I realized the people of NY don't love me. Why am I holding on to NY for? What have I accomplished here? Why am I so LOYAL to NY, when it hasn't shown me any loyalty! Peep this: Only 2 of my friends have driven down from NY to come visit me since I have moved from NY. 3 of my other so called "Friends" came along because they got a ride, they didn't want to pay for the bus ride.

Loyalty. I drove up to NY on many occasions. Now I see they only want to use me because I got a nice ride. They want me to call out girls. HAHA. But let's just keep it to music. I started taking it serious because of the feedback I was getting within my community and from the people I was selling mixtapes to. I was a bit excited and then boom. My "friends" bailed on me. Where was the loyalty. I didn't know shit about recording or engineering.

But now I got my money together. I got my network game up. At first I was only getting production from my "Friends" who I swore had my back. My production is coming from the best producers, fuck a bond. I don't need friends, I need results. hahaha .But everyone is out for themselves in this game. Actually in this life.

Loyalty can take you so far. So I ask does it pay to be Loyal? I see assholes getting away with so much and they are far being loyal.

Anti-Society...August 14 2007

loyalty works both ways. not 1 way.

Veteran Member

Really Ed. Enlighten me. If i started this thread, I obviously understand what loyalty means and how it works. It was my friends who have been rapping since 96 and haven't sold a damn mixtape that are jealous . It isn't because i am better than them. It's because they don't understand what it means to hussle. I've been doing this for 4 years, but i understand the business better than them. I know network better than them. shit i sleep 2 hours a night and then go to work for 10 hours, go to class, study, work on a song, go sell cd's....i fully supported my friends when they were going hard at this rap shit. then they switched their styles and didn't believe in themselves. some turned pop and started fucking with different genres. I can't hold other peoples hands thru the storm. I am independent of other people. When u go through shit. U become a prick.

But i've seen your posts Ed. your argumentative & different like an older sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-social View Post
    Really Ed. Enlighten me. If i started this thread, I obviously understand what loyalty means and how it works. It was my friends who have been rapping since 96 and haven't sold a damn mixtape that are jealous . It isn't because i am better than them. It's because they don't understand what it means to hussle. I've been doing this for 4 years, but i understand the business better than them. I know network better than them. shit i sleep 2 hours a night and then go to work for 10 hours, go to class, study, work on a song, go sell cd's....i fully supported my friends when they were going hard at this rap shit. then they switched their styles and didn't believe in themselves. some turned pop and started fucking with different genres. I can't hold other peoples hands thru the storm. I am independent of other people. When u go through shit. U become a prick.

But i've seen your posts Ed. your(e)* argumentative & different like an older sibling.
    All this, from only a few of my words.

Veteran Member

2 responds to my posts. Go ED. . I bet you won't be able to refrain from posting a smart ass response, which will be completely off topic. You are useless to society.

P.S. Thanks for analyzing my post and checking my grammar. 7,400 posts since last year, damn you loser you love this site don't you.
    Last edited by anti-social; 12-10-2006 at 09:02 PM.

its true the issue isnt as clear cut as many would like it to be

do you set up 'rules' for loyalty?

there is a lot of social obligations which put pressure on people

i remember a Gangstarr line that said:
    "you can never know the hardships people dont speak of"
    so if you perceive somebody being disloyal, there is always that chance that there is a reason behind it

on the other hand - what makes you so loyal to your brother?

the other wisdom dictates that "the ones you love will fill you with slugs"

everything points to self-savior

interesting topic
    all the points have been made

Yawns.....Im useless to society yet this is the intrawebs....not the irl. Dood is having friend issues and doesn't like the answer I gave him. Oh yeah and the jab at my post count...lawls. Its like an echo of unoriginalty.....hope your rhymes are more fresh and un borrowed.

If your friends are being suckers then fuck them. Simple as that. Look out for yourself. If they cant be loyal to you then why continue to be loyal to them? Loyalty works both ways. hmmmmmm its like some1 has said that b4..........now git your panties in a twist about it.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-social View Post
    You are useless to society.
    *looks at posters name*
    *reads post again*

Veteran Member

i am a loyal person and if someone does something that is disloyal to me i cut my loses i dont change the way i am

I'm never loyal to nobody, they're loyal to me...
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

you and your friends grew up
    got out of high school and got shit to do
    living situations
    girlfriends turn into wives now
    some grow up others just get bigger

when it comes to music, everyone is not on the same page
    they wanna be, but can't
    so they're a lil jealous
    move on

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

i think i'm high

yea everybody wants to be your best friend when youre shining, you see whos real once youre at rock bottom and who is still there

Realness

Veteran Member

Thank You Ed n others for you opinions and suggestions. There is a method to my madness. This site is very useless when you title a thread PLEASE HELP. I needed help with what a few people think of "LOYALTY" and you guys helped out with your suggestions and opinions. My circle is very strong. But it is true, jealousy amongst friends exists, not only in music but in real life. Over silly shit.

Again Thanks
    Last edited by anti-social; 12-11-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Veteran Member

You aint lyin

Quote Originally Posted by 7EL7 View Post
    you and your friends grew up
    got out of high school and got shit to do
    living situations
    girlfriends turn into wives now
    some grow up others just get bigger

when it comes to music, everyone is not on the same page
    they wanna be, but can't
    so they're a lil jealous
    move on
    Yup thats right. Some people need to go for things themselves.

Also even if you have a tight circle, it always seems like the most dependent person of the group is first to point out the so called other "sellouts" in the circle. Are you that dependent on them?

In another situation, if you got your own business and are doing well and your "friend" is struggling to find a job, do you hire him? Perhaps he is very unqualified to take the job....maybe he really isnt the person you are looking for. Are you disloyal if you don't hire him?

Your situation is related to business.

In other words, when it comes to business and making money, you can't expect your friends to be there. Not very many groups just come together like Wu-Tang did.