Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Loyalty"

Godbrother

I use to live in an apartment with my brother and my parents in Queens, NY. We moved to Delaware. Left for good. Bought a house. Big ass house. God willing, by early next year, I should be a business owner with my brother. I love NYC. But I realized the people of NY don't love me. Why am I holding on to NY for? What have I accomplished here? Why am I so LOYAL to NY, when it hasn't shown me any loyalty! Peep this: Only 2 of my friends have driven down from NY to come visit me since I have moved from NY. 3 of my other so called "Friends" came along because they got a ride, they didn't want to pay for the bus ride

What you speak of in this part about NY is pride(your foundation). NY holds a special place in your heart. You have developed a bond( a relationship ) with your state.

Your persona is nobility(the quality of elevation of mind and exaltation of character or ideals or conduct)

Hm, the title is a tad deceptive. Maybe it should've been in General Chat or something

Chicks dig giant robots

Quote Originally Posted by anti-social View Post
    Today I am free of my past. A past that brought about nothing but trouble and jealousy from friends who I thought were genuine. In 2000 I started having seizures at the age of 19 and to escape the reality of taking "pills" for the rest of my life(), I started writing rhymes. Now I wasn't the type to keep a journal or go to a therapist. My therapy was to express my feelings by writing a rhyme with no structure. My raps were 3 pages long, I even rhymed a couple of my English Papers, which seems so childish now.

I loved being around my "friends" and recording how I felt about home, problems, world issues, the real day to day shit. I wasn't afraid to express and say what I truly felt, I just wanted the madness to seize. I was a bit unrealistic . But my "friends" were just along for the ride. They never took it serious. This is where the word Loyalty comes into play.

Everyone has been burned by someone they think is their friend. Mine is no different. I mean "friends" support eachother through thick and thin. Not when they see that you are doing good. Friends should call when they just want to say "what's up", not when they need something. "Friends" should know when to be "Friends" not taught how to be "Friends."

See it's deeper than what i'm saying. To some it may seem as if I'm complaining about not getting enough attention from my friends or getting fucked over. Naw it's more than that. It's like I was around street dudes and I had forgotten that I had left that lifestyle, they didn't want to see me do good. Every time they faced a setback or adversity, they stopped being "Friends." Immortal Technique said this, "I don't project my insecurities on other people!" They should learn the meaning of that line. It's very simplistic yet extremely powerful.

I use to live in an apartment with my brother and my parents in Queens, NY. We moved to Delaware. Left for good. Bought a house. Big ass house. God willing, by early next year, I should be a business owner with my brother. I love NYC. But I realized the people of NY don't love me. Why am I holding on to NY for? What have I accomplished here? Why am I so LOYAL to NY, when it hasn't shown me any loyalty! Peep this: Only 2 of my friends have driven down from NY to come visit me since I have moved from NY. 3 of my other so called "Friends" came along because they got a ride, they didn't want to pay for the bus ride.

Loyalty. I drove up to NY on many occasions. Now I see they only want to use me because I got a nice ride. They want me to call out girls. HAHA. But let's just keep it to music. I started taking it serious because of the feedback I was getting within my community and from the people I was selling mixtapes to. I was a bit excited and then boom. My "friends" bailed on me. Where was the loyalty. I didn't know shit about recording or engineering.

But now I got my money together. I got my network game up. At first I was only getting production from my "Friends" who I swore had my back. My production is coming from the best producers, fuck a bond. I don't need friends, I need results. hahaha .But everyone is out for themselves in this game. Actually in this life.

Loyalty can take you so far. So I ask does it pay to be Loyal? I see assholes getting away with so much and they are far being loyal.

Anti-Society...August 14 2007
    I feel you and think your 100% right. I like that username Anti-Social by the way. I seen you post up before, I always thought that was a dope creative original name. And to your subject of matter, I learned the same thing. I will always have love for my peoples, whatever we always a minority anyways, so I feel we got stick together. Street peoples, poor people, oppressed peoples, whatever, etc. So I always feel we should stick together and be true, loyal, keep it real with each other, etc. I mean help each other come up, I believe in loyality. But the reality is that true loyality is scarce if it all, especially nowadays. Truth be known most peoples just out for themselves, bottom-line.

I have had my trust betrayed a few times by brothers that I thought I could trust. So now I try my best to not trust anyone anymore. It's best that way. Word up, be anti-social. Like that saying that goes it gets lonely on top, more like especially when trying to get on top for real. Not like I am gonna be alone foreva, when I get to where I wanna be I'm a have it all word up. CREAM, CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME. Unfortunetly for me to come up or move to where I want to be then I need to be around and deal with snakes then, since I can't depend on my brothers where I am at. Know mean. I still love all my peoples, blood is thicker than water, like love is love. But you can also get fucked over by love as well like that thin line between love and hate. That's coming from my experiences, that's all.

Loyalty! i have very few loyal cats, i only deal with like 3-4 people man, your own people will try to set you up. It's happened to me before. The best thing to do is to jkeep ya head above water, and only deal with a chosen few.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Quote Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
    Loyalty! i have very few loyal cats, i only deal with like 3-4 people man, your own people will try to set you up. It's happened to me before. The best thing to do is to jkeep ya head above water, and only deal with a chosen few.

Word. I feel ya man.

rabbit habits.. CherChezLaMarauder's Avatar

loyalty is always compromised.
    Last edited by CherChezLaMarauder; 01-08-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder1 View Post
    loyalty is always compromised. This is a world of self.
    True I mean in the end everyone dies alone. People may be around you but they aint coming with you. Plus I mean everybody has to do shit alone sometimes, and everyone in the world has spent time alone I think.

Or not ?

Unity - As One Stand Together
    Unity - Evolutions Gonna Come

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Shit happens, people change.

Loyalty and friendship can't be gauged on wether or not your homies make that trip to come visit, or if they stay on that grind with you. If they're loyal friends or not, you have to take into account that it just might not be feasible from their stand point.

Loyalty is trusting someone else with your life, and vise-versa. People that are loyal to each other are dangerous, when your not a member of that circle.

This thread is good, this is one of those not so clean cut issues that always comes into play where people value different things.

"Yo man, you're my boy"

That first scenario involves a lot of risk.

Taking that first scenario further, If one of my boys has an idea to start in organized crime, is it my obligation to go to law school and become his lawyer? Why shouldn't I pursue my own ambitions in life? Is that disloyal?

The point is there is always loyalty between friends, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Visiting is something different. My best friend only lives 20 mins away from me now and we grew up together in the same neighborhood and known each other when we were 5 years old. When he moved farther last year I have seen him significantly less. Sometimes its lack of contact, but also we have different things to do and different clicks. We aren't disloyal to each other just cuz we don't visit each other as often as we "should", but when it eventually happens, it happens. We can only afford to see each other and just chill a few times a year.

Veteran Member

i've learned that envy is real

it causes one to try to put holes in your social standing

it causes one to spread lies

it makes things awkward

the snakes reveal themselves soon enough, but then it is too late - they did damage

i have some mental profiles of what to look out for though