Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam Fans

Default Pearl Jam Fans

where yall at? im jus getting into pj and herd their 1st 2 albums and love em....wut about yall?

after the first two albums is when the magic stops. The second album is a keeper. The rest is garbage. theres a good song here or there but they never put out an album like there second one because when they dropped they had alot of hype from the whole temple of the dog shit but with the second album it was time to show that they could theme an album. Thats what they did. The versus album, as its called , was really a 10 for that band that they never did see again. I think that the 2nd album was the one that sold the most records as well but I could be way off.

indeed.....i prefer Alice in Chains or Soundgarden to Pearl Jam....And the songs that are decent seem over played.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    where yall at? im jus getting into pj and herd their 1st 2 albums and love em....wut about yall?
    That song 'Black' is my favorite song from them. It is just so full of emotion. Eddie poured his heart out into that song. Nah mean ?

It's like one of the most emotional songs I ever heard. No doubt. 'Black that's the shit no doubt.

yeah, ten and vs. are their best. there's some good songs on later albums, but no solid records. live on two legs is a great live recording.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN

I also really like that song or actually especially including with video that they did called 'Do The Evolution'. Now that's a wild video. Like one of the wildest craziest videos. That joint or song just gets complimented by that video so well. Or vice-versa. Come to think of it that song is pure genius looking at that video explains it all.

Gotta peep this video, Peep this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sm3trB1fe4

I was gonna put that video cuz the guy that drew spawn made it. Black was the song that got me into them waaaay back in the day.

Wu Vatican

The third one, Vitalogy, is good too. I kinda stopped listening after that but I've heard good things about their newest one.

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

I used to be way into PJ...even Yield and Binaural had some good shit...but Riot Act totally killed them for me. Did any of you listen to that one?? Awful...one song sounded like Eddie was trying to rap or something.

They are incredible live though...me and my ex went to several shows back when they had their ten year reuinion. Last show was at Vegas and we got kicked out, but the cool part was that we had handed out bags to people attending the show that had marshmellows and tortillas in them with written messages like "happy 10th" and shit...SO we got the live footage after we got back from that show and there where marshmellows and tortillas flying EVERYWHERE...many landed on the stage, even Eddie got one in the face (good thing they were fresh marshmellows). So in a way, we were there. Oh my god, the marshmellow I touched, touched Eddie *sigh*. Just kidding, kind of. Anyway, yeah they are great up to a certain point.

I may co-sign eD on the Soundgarden/Temple of the Dog thing.

Damn Infinity knows his music....always impressive.

i don't like pearl jam. a while back i was talking with my friend about them and i brought up the fact that they are in my opinion a "radio band" which i defined as a band that is on the radio all the time but that noone really likes. i mean i don't hate them, but to my they'll never be anything more than a "filler" band on the radio inbetween the good songs and the shitty ones, but hey i got an iPod now so fuck the radio all together.

i think i'm high

eeevvveeeeennnnfllloooowwwwww

jeremey

both good songs, never owned an album by them i just remember you couldnt not flip through the radio without hearing PJ

Realness

Pearl Jam is a great band, don't know alot of their shit but I used to love listening to it in my brothers car.

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains & Soundgarden all led the grunge movement but PJ wasn't really grunge, were they?
    Ghostface says fake words, like sprinkle noodles
    on your hembri...the fucks a hembri?

-ThaShaolinAssassin

Wu Vatican

they were as "grunge" as the other bands you listed....

Banned

I thought Riot Act was a great album, if you were ever a Pearl Jam fan, and you never heard it cuz you soured on them, you are missing out. The song Ghost is great, green disease....classic album. Classic pearl jam.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

their fisrt two cds 10, VS. were excellent after that they didnt have much more to say, Vitology and No Code had their moments though VS. is their best pretty easily