Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The New Nas Sucks

Default The New Nas Sucks

Dude's seriously just a bitter old dude at this point. Everything about the record is just...Ugh.

"Look, old stuff! I'm officially old now, but I'm still cool! Look at me! This sample came from a Big Daddy Kane song! And these are the drums from "I Aint No Joke!" MC SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN."

That song with the Game rules though.

If the dude wants to bring back rap, he should just shut up and do that album with Primo, or even something like Primo/Just Blaze/Large Pro/and fuck, I'm sure he'd have enough money to get Pete Rock to do something cool again.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

what did you expect??? a good album?

Who fucking knows. All I know is that Nas is a bitter old dude, and that the new Jeezy rules.

Wu Vatican

perenial dissapointer now a days.

although there are some nice tracks on it.

i just dont get what hes thinking, its not hard to hear, people with a good ear for music know good music. its like he has the ability to work with anyone he wants to get the dopest beats and yet doesnt use it only to waste his talent and put out purpetualy dissapointing albums.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

im going to cop it

it just goes on n on...good for a few listens nothing really special

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

wuswordz95

I have the album all the songs A 10Plus.
    album of the year
    worst alum of the year clipse hell hath no query

hahaha take that!!!!

Fuck a title

everyone on this site either hates on nas or jay-z take ur pick........and what the fuck is up wit these threads that starts all this hate? y dont u start a thread sayen "nas album review" then put u dont like it or the album is dissapointing. thats like me starten a bunch of thread like "jeezy is garbage and shouldnt be mentioned in the same words as hip-hop" or "how can people compare t.i. to jay-z? the only comparison is that they r both overated rite now at they're piont of careers"
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza

wuswordz95

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Prophet View Post
    everyone on this site either hates on nas or jay-z take ur pick........and what the fuck is up wit these threads that starts all this hate? y dont u start a thread sayen "nas album review" then put u dont like it or the album is dissapointing. thats like me starten a bunch of thread like "jeezy is garbage and shouldnt be mentioned in the same words as hip-hop" or "how can people compare t.i. to jay-z? the only comparison is that they r both overated rite now at they're piont of careers"

yes i adree ti and jay z overrated. yep people love riling up people

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

I see the point he's try to make...told from song to song. How Hip Hop was born "to him", the tradition behind it, the changes it has gone through, and will go through. He was very creative on it. The beats are OK.

I going to buy Mos Def's next week instead.

haven't heard it yet so i'll judge when i get it

but Nas never really disappoints so i'm not worried about whatever the threadstarter has to say at all

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

I havent heard it yet, but I also heard the same thing from some other people also... thats crazy lol

I dont know man....in my opinion NAS has not dropped a great album since IT WAS WRITTEN......since then every album has like 4-5 killer tunes and alot of forgettable tracks......I think it comes down to the fact that NAS needs a certian type of track to sound good on.....I think his style really matches well with PREMO, PETE ROCK, and even KANYE WEST......

the new album is good.....but like the new JAY-Z album, nothing really stands out that much.....to be honest hip hop has really gotten stale.....albums by the big guns in rap: The Game, Snoop, Ludacris, and now NAS are borring, they all put out decent albums this year, but there is nothing that new or exciting on there that we have not heard before....in fact they were making better albums ten years ago lyically and beatwise
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Wu Vatican

^true.

no body will talk about these albums in 10 years.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

GENERAL WISE

Production of 4:21's intro > Production of Nas' Hip Hop is Dead (lp)