Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baldurs Gate

Diablo II I loved that back in the day but my computer was shite and it wasn't bright enough so going through dungeons was crap cos I couldn't see anything

I never played icewindale

Myeah, but imo Diablo was waaay to easy, finished in no time, but it was fun.
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

or I could just stick with oblivion and WoW

U should try Icewindale!!!

I'll check it out when I get paid then

Fresh 2 Deff

theres also another game which reminds very much of BG, IWD
    called "Temple Of Elemental Evil"... i would suggest Avoiding that piece of crap game by all means lmao..

BG is probable the only fantasy/middle earth rpg game I really like.
    I played alot of 'em, and sure, world of warcraft is awesome and beautiful, so is Dungeon Siege and Warhammer, but still, I stick with my BG.

Fresh 2 Deff

Word. ^^

I've played Baldur's Gate 2 on the PS2, and beat it thoroughly. My laptop probably doesn't have the specifications to run the PC versions, so I have to stick with its weaker PS2 guise. All in all, I found it very easy to play, and quite possible to complete in one sitting, if I decide to be serious about it. As for the others, i've played the original Diablo, on the PS1. Back when I bought it for my computer when I was younger, it didn't run due to my computer being a Win95 desktop that was VERY weak in everything (Though it did run Dungeon Keeper surprisingly well.)

A game similar to BG is The Bard's Tale, on the X-Box. It takes BG and D&D, and gives it comedy, basically. And you can get it quite cheap now, so it's worth looking into.

True, the PS 2 versions were very easy, too easy. Gameplay similar to Diablo. It's fun, but not nearly as fun as the pc version.

One thing that got on my nerves a little with the PS2 version were the classes. Human archer, dwarven fighter, and elven sorceress. None of them had any massive advantages or disadvantages when put next to each other, and you weren't required to practice any particular style when using a different class. No matter what type I chose, I could still just go through with my blade spinning, usually walk out alive and (almost) unharmed. The console versions needed to impose more class-specific rulings, I believe, in order to make the game have a higher peak of enjoyment.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

bump

G.O.A.T. Game

Only played the PC-games, first one I completed maybe four times. Still get nostalgic when I think about Baldur's Gate. There will never be another game on it's level. It's too much about the graphics these days it seems, gameplay not as important.

I just got my hands on Dark Alliance 2 for the ps2. Not gonna have the time to take it on for a good while, but I'm looking forward to do it some day.

Again, Baldur's Gate, greatest of all time.
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Banned

never played ps2 version but i got baldurs gate with the tales of the sword coast expansion and baldurs gate 2. never really got into BG2 but the one before it is fucking legendary. i feel like installing it on my comp again but it'll consum too much of my time.

i like the dude with his hamster haha cunt cracks me up
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm_Terrorwrist View Post
    never played ps2 version but i got baldurs gate with the tales of the sword coast expansion and baldurs gate 2. never really got into BG2 but the one before it is fucking legendary. i feel like installing it on my comp again but it'll consum too much of my time.

i like the dude with his hamster haha cunt cracks me up

GO FOR THE EYES BOO, GO FOR THE EYES!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796