Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MF Grimm appreciation thread

thanks

pretty crazy

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

He lost alot of respect from me when he came out with all this childish DOOM-bashing crap. He sounds like an jealous bitch who got dumped for a hotter women the way he talks.

Just cus DOOM got on and didnt take you with him, too bad, no need to try and ruin someones rep like he is, and when he says things like "you said Ghostface was wack, you sadi RZA bit your style" all this bullshit, hes like a snitch, a jealous snitch

He used to be good, I used to bump downfall of iblyiss 24/7 for a period, but then I went off him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced View Post
    He lost alot of respect from me when he came out with all this childish DOOM-bashing crap. He sounds like an jealous bitch who got dumped for a hotter women the way he talks.

Just cus DOOM got on and didnt take you with him, too bad, no need to try and ruin someones rep like he is, and when he says things like "you said Ghostface was wack, you sadi RZA bit your style" all this bullshit, hes like a snitch, a jealous snitch

He used to be good, I used to bump downfall of iblyiss 24/7 for a period, but then I went off him.
    I don't really think it is your place to be drawing these sort of conclusions when you know nothing about what went down between them.

I also thought the lines where he referred to other artists were somewhat out of line and unnecessary, but the rest of it is between him and Doom. I enjoy the track thoroughly. It's actually real. Not just some petty diss track for publicity like these other hip hop pussy fags be doing.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I don't really think it is your place to be drawing these sort of conclusions when you know nothing about what went down between them.

I also thought the lines where he referred to other artists were somewhat out of line and unnecessary, but the rest of it is between him and Doom. I enjoy the track thoroughly. It's actually real. Not just some petty diss track for publicity like these other hip hop pussy fags be doing.
    Maybe if Grimm actually had any proper shit to say about what actually DOOM did (apart from get succesfull) I would accpet it, but he hasnt come out with anything about what DOOM actually DID, apart from some loose associations with "stealing shit", all he says is hes the devil and other lame shit.

If you dont know, the real reason Grimm is mad is cus DOOM didnt like M.I.C, he wasnt feeling it, Grimm and his goons got insulted by this, DOOM and Grimm didnt work together anymore, and then all of a sudden DOOM is gettign a load of props and contacts, wihle Grimm is still struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced View Post
    Maybe if Grimm actually had any proper shit to say about what actually DOOM did (apart from get succesfull) I would accpet it, but he hasnt come out with anything about what DOOM actually DID, apart from some loose associations with "stealing shit", all he says is hes the devil and other lame shit.

If you dont know, the real reason Grimm is mad is cus DOOM didnt like M.I.C, he wasnt feeling it, Grimm and his goons got insulted by this, DOOM and Grimm didnt work together anymore, and then all of a sudden DOOM is gettign a load of props and contacts, wihle Grimm is still struggling.
    Hey...*leans in close*...quit talkin bullshit that you aint know anything about. Grimm aint strugglin.

SMH...

That shit aint even right to talk that way about somebodys biz(anybodys biz) like that.

If you dont know, the real reason Grimm is mad is cus DOOM didnt like M.I.C, he wasnt feeling it, Grimm and his goons got insulted by this, DOOM and Grimm didnt work together anymore, and then all of a sudden DOOM is gettign a load of props and contacts, wihle Grimm is still struggling
    I'm not gonna pretend I know what went down between them, because nobody other than the 2 of them has a right to do so, and neither of them is speaking about it. But it is said that Grimm helped fund 'Operation Doomsday' and the MIC album, and Doom never payed him back. Doom also dissed MIC on the 'Dangerdoom' album, which is just fucken lowly no matter how much you might like him.

If you don't think Grimm had any "proper shit" to say in that track then you ought to listen to it again. There's actually a lot in that song.

truth is , we already had a thread where Ravage himself dropped the article that addressed this shit. So we all know that its over Operation Doomsday first and overall the fact that Doom had pen'd a few things on mmfood such as deep fried friends , saying things like "midgets into crunk" and shit. And so far Doom has said that it was nothing direct or anything.

The whole shit is their biz but since ppl constantly wanna know, they got that article about it so you can get a better angle of things if you really need to know.

I can understand having curiosity about the issue because if you listen to their music , its being talked about. So , that introduces questions.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

back to appreciating grimm
    yea scars and memories and iblyis are nice
    american hunger is amazing

Ghostlaced, judging by your Quas sig and ATHF avatar, you've got a little bias on this situation. I think you're just a little too much a DOOM fan to look at this argument as what it is, a struggle between friends. It isn't your place, and if anything, Grimm's "diss" track is a calling out to his old brother, not a place for jealousy or insult. Ever heard the song? I think you're just mad because you heard "Doom got dissed," and as a fan boy, you want to defend him. Grimm dropped a SERIOUSLY dope track and it's a sign of respect if anything. "Come home Zev, come home." There's a lot of Q's about this SITUATION we can speculate on (start another thread for it though please), but if anything, the track is still sick as fuh.

But def, let's go back to appreciating Grimm. Don't throw around this hypocrisy by coming in here to diss him just because he got at DOOM. You would still love and respect him if he didn't. I love DOOM's material and still bump their CD's back to back. Those men were brothers and both bring a lot to the craft. Let their personal struggle be between them.

Word to energizer, I love Scars and Iblyis, but American Hunger is just straight 5-star material. Loving it, can't get enough. Yow.

How come the "Special Herbs and Spices Vol. 1" album gets so little mention? That's the shit that got me into Grimm. I fucken love that joint. One of my all time faves.

Yeah, real dope. Not my favorite by him but definitely ill. Downfall was my favorite by him before American Hunger, which I thought was a DOPE album, but this thing took ish to a new level.

Yeah word. I think 'American Hunger' is his best album too, but SH&S1 is still my fave. It's just such an enjoyable listen.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    How come the "Special Herbs and Spices Vol. 1" album gets so little mention? That's the shit that got me into Grimm. I fucken love that joint. One of my all time faves.

i dunno, there something about hearing mc's over re used beats that i dont like.

its still a good album, but i generally prefer the original of every track.

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq. View Post
    i dunno, there something about hearing mc's over re used beats that i dont like.
    Word, like Ghost rhyming over those old Doom beats. Takes a little while for the tracks to grow on you.

Anyway, yeah Grimm is a ill Emcee: very underated

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq. View Post

its still a good album, but i generally prefer the original of every track.
    Word. This was the first Grimm or Doom album I got, so it was all fresh to me when I heard it. Mind you, after hearing all the original tracks with those beats, and the tracks that have used those beats since, I've gotta say that I much prefer the tracks Grimm made with those beats over what anybody else has done with them, aside from 1 track.

But yeah, I really can't stand hearing the same Doom beats recycled now. I can't believe people are still recycling them.