Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MF Grimm appreciation thread

My favorites are when he spit over the special herbs beats and the second disc on AH is pretty dope. I like the whole album but the disc that gets the most play is 2.

What about the Jet Jaguar album? has anyone heard it? what's it like?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

yeah i love grimm, he's not my favorite rapper in the world but i feel his message, his passion, and the emotion he puts into his work. Theres alot of people who i think rap better then grimm but there aren't alot of artists i respect more then grimm.

I have no problem with grimm dissing doom cause its beef between friends and thats how theyre gonna settle it, but i did think the "doing songs with rza thats funny....i remember when you said ghost was wack" lines were out of line and unnecessary.

Haha really? Damn, I loved those lines, classic battle shit to say. Those are the lines that everyone goes "OHHHHHHH!!!" too!

I still can't pick a favorite disc off American Hunger, I just go through all three over and over again.

And yeah, I used to feel the same way maestro, I loved and respected what Grimm was doing, but never really listened to him enough. American Hunger changed that. FIYAAAA!!

My favorites are when he spit over the special herbs beats and the second disc on AH is pretty dope. I like the whole album but the disc that gets the most play is 2.
    Same here homie. Those are my 2 fave Grimm discs. I was just bumping the SH&SV1 disc again for the first time in a little while. Man I love that fucken shit. It's such a bangin' disc. Like I said, one of my all time faves.
    What about the Jet Jaguar album? has anyone heard it? what's it like?
    Great album. Very dark, sombre and depressing. Serious shit. I like it a lot. Some pretty powerful shit on that joint. Realness.
    Theres alot of people who i think rap better then grimm but there aren't alot of artists i respect more then grimm.
    Yeah word. He doesn't try to wow anybody on some fancy shit. He just says what he wants to say and drops the real shit. Him and Gza are the two hip hop artists I respect most. Like he says "Lyrically some might better spit it, but remember the difference, MF Grimm reaper lived it". I could tell this dude was real from the first verse I ever heard him spit, and I knew absolutely nothing about him at the time.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post
    Ghostlaced, judging by your Quas sig and ATHF avatar, you've got a little bias on this situation. I think you're just a little too much a DOOM fan to look at this argument as what it is, a struggle between friends. It isn't your place, and if anything, Grimm's "diss" track is a calling out to his old brother, not a place for jealousy or insult. Ever heard the song? I think you're just mad because you heard "Doom got dissed," and as a fan boy, you want to defend him. Grimm dropped a SERIOUSLY dope track and it's a sign of respect if anything. "Come home Zev, come home." There's a lot of Q's about this SITUATION we can speculate on (start a
    Ive got every Grimm album CD, Ive even got the Herbs & Spices one signed, ive even got the Brickhouse release of the Doom&Grimm rare EP, but I didnt get American Hunger. Fact is I was a big Grimm fan, more so than DOOM, im not a big DOOM fan, I like his beats, but I cant listen to him for too long, but Grimm went dub with this beef shit, it put me off him, whatever I dont care, he lost quality in his beats. Even though I havent heard most of American Hunger what I have heard I dont like, but thats only my opinion.

ooooo....you wrong for that one Ghostlaced. American Hunger has some of the sickest beats he has ever rhymed over. Crazy shit is goin down on that record besides just the book of Daniel.

...mf grimm he rolls with duece gangsta.

"Who will survive in world war 3? NONE!
    Who got a style that come close to me? NONE
    Niggas screamin' battle who step to me? NONE
    To all you fakers, its time to meet Ja Maker! Da Maker!"
    - MF Grimm

Damn Ghostlaced, you're missing out on what most Grimm fans (even those from the get-go) are calling his best work. American Hunger, don't sleep.

Veteran Member

my fav grimm album prob american hunger.

theres just so much too it theres abit of everything a couple love tracks you know its jus got loads diff stuff so whatever mood you are in atleast one song on ther album will prob fit it.
    people complained theres too many tracks and stuff. WTF! its liek buying one cd and somone giving you 2 free cd's and you being like nah thats too much music. weird!
    my friend ashdogg agrees

i wish this album got mentioned more! last year there was alot of good albums and to me it def the album of the eyar he jus put so much heart into the album

but yeh scars and memories also a really good cd frm him its kinda diff style than american hugner cos its his more older stuff but its good

and downfall of iblis is a good album with som good doom production

and the special herbs and spices album ive heard alot of tracks from it and everything ive heard is really good. def have to get hold of the album will soon

and the jet jaguar album ive egard like 2 tracks from it and i dunno didnt seem as good as the others but ima still check it out to see whats on offer

but yeh grimm is a real good artist and please please please doom fans that just hate him because of book of daniel seriously just be quite you talk shit and dont actually know whats gone on you just think he jealous ebcause of doom getting bigger im so certain thats not the case (and before you say anyhtign liek im all on grimms dick and ahte doom nah i have all of dooms albums (operation doomsday and mm food on copy as they out of print and i couldnt get them and) and he a fukin good artist

PRODIGAL SUN

doom and grimm need to squash they shit, and release vol 2 with new beats and shit

I am a big Doom fan but I don't hate on Grimm for releasing a diss track because if people actually heard it properlly they would realise that Grimm is actually calling out to Doom to end it.

It does bother me that they currently don't get along but thats what happens, friends fall out with each other sometimes, I just hope it gets resolved soon because we don't need two dope mc's missing the opportunity to work together like Nas and Cormega did.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

i would love to see an american hunger tracklisting.... album cover pics....some downloads.....

and also besides MF grimm and MF doom didnt they have other artists in their group or w/e wit MF before there name.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

CD 1 ::: BREAKFAST ............................

01. American Hunger (Breakfast)
    02. When Faith Is Lost
    03. Page Six
    04. The Life I Lead
    05. Wonderland
    06. Code Noir (Revenge of the
    Masked Avengers)
    07. Right There
    08. I Rather Be Wrong
    09. Watch Out!
    10. Yes or No
    11. The Trees (Feat. Baron from Red Clay)
    12. The Path (Feat. Monsta
    Island Czars)
    13. Still My Love
    14. Steal It
    15. My Mentality
    16. A Mother’s Heart
    17. Street General
    18. M.I.C.- (feat Monsta Island Czars)
    19. The Gingerbread Man
    20. I Don’t Know

CD 2 ::: LUNCH .....................................

21. American Hunger (Lunch)
    22. Playground
    23. Boing (Feat. PMD, MF MEZ)
    24. It’s No Secret
    25. I Remember
    26. United (Feat. Large Pro)
    27. I Love You
    28. Traveling (Feat. Kurious and
    Lord Smog (Scotch) and
    Bashton the Invizabul Mang)
    29. Delilah
    30. Vultures
    31. Everyone
    32. Agony (No Jugamos)
    33. Master Builders
    34. Things I’ve Said (Feat.
    Baron of Red Clay)
    35. Broken Glasses
    36. Dark Skies (No Jugamos)
    (Feat. Nate Denver, Bashton
    the Invizabul Mang)
    37. Teacher
    38. Crazy (Feat. Block McCloud
    and MF MEZ)
    39. Who Rock (Feat. Duece Gangsta)
    40. F_ _K YOU

CD 3 ::: THE LAST SUPPER .................

41. American Hunger (The Last Supper)
    42. Children Of Abel
    43. Give
    44. Adam & Eve
    45. Lift Me Up (Snakes & Ladders)
    46. Heaven Can Wait
    47. Children of Cain
    48. Revolution
    49. Manhattan Murder (Feat. MF MEZ)
    50. Karma (Feat. ILL BILL and Block McCloud)
    51. Government Of Deception
    52. Brand New (Feat. Monsta Island Czars)
    53. No One
    54. Elevate (Feat. Majesty
    & Infinite Evolution)
    55. Everything (Feat. Block McCloud, Majesty, Mr. Met and Baron from Red Clay)
    56. The Whole World (Feat.
    Infinite Evolution)
    57. Ten Stories
    58. Twin Peaks (Feat. MF MEZ, Hasan Salaam)
    59. Simple Rhyme
    60. The Book Of Daniel (Feat. MF MEZ and Bashton The Invizabul Mang aka MF Bash of M.I.C.)

Default Mf Grimm

Man this due is the shit! Its amazing how he recorded downfall of ibliys in 24 hours on bail for a life sentence. Then getting it reduced to 3 years! anyone got any info on his graphic novel SENTENCES THE LIFE OF MF GRIMM? And was digital tears only an internet release? Also what are some other good day by day releases?