Thread: The "Fn" key

Lightbulb The "Fn" key

Just bought a new laptop and in the bottom corner, next to the "Ctrl" key is a "Fn" key. Now I looked this shit up on the net to see what its function was, and I dont really understand it from wiki. So in someones own words, can they tell me whats the deal with this Fn key?

Peace n Chicken Grease.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Godbrother

Function key is used with other keys to perform a certain action. What ever color is on the function key look for those keys just like that.

The keys mainly used with function key are the top row (those keys will have a diagram on them) of laptop or regular keyboard

To use function: Press and hold FN along with a second key. When using this key command you will have to hold down the FN key and press the second key multiples times to see the result but that will only apply to certain keys. Example: if you want to brighten the screen on your laptop

Quote Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
    Just bought a new laptop and in the bottom corner, next to the "Ctrl" key is a "Fn" key. Now I looked this shit up on the net to see what its function was, and I dont really understand it from wiki. So in someones own words, can they tell me whats the deal with this Fn key?

Peace n Chicken Grease.

This is a classic....

Anyway ifyou want to use a projector (that doesn't have USB connectors) and you use you screen card connection.

Just press "fn" and "f4"(usually, or were there is a screen shaped diagram on another key).

Peace

normally you have on you keyboard signs in another colour - like the fn key. if you press fn an the other buttons these functions work.

like on my laptop fn+f6 is monitor off. or fn+f4=standby.