Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Default ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Peace Mc'z And Producers, This Is The Spot Where Ppl W/ Lots Of Tips On Recording/beatmaking Are Gonna Post Suggestions About How To Make Their Sounds Better, Programs, Drum Kits, Mpc's, Etc...we All Got Room To Advance In This Field, Right? Dont Say Im Wrong, Ya Might Get Struck Down.......by Lightning, But Yeah, Lets Get This Thread Crackin, Im Pretty Sure U Cats Got Suggestions! For Me And Anyone Else Here

Finally zero!been waitin for this.If u cats wanna get ya drums grimey Pitch shift them up 2 octaves.Then resample them.then take those and pitch shift them down 2octaves.Youll get that 12 bit crunch,or u can record ya drums on to casette tape and sample them off the tape.I only mess with hardware so i dont know how u computer geeks can do this lol!
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by SpOk3N View Post
    Refrain from using an 808 with a bassline.
    the bass from both will negate the sound from the other, so you'll get left with a quivering bassline throughout the song.
    this is when played in your car, though.
    not if u EQ it rite and use some filters!

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

my question is how do u effectiveley use samples on "fruity Loops"?

aka SKEPTICISM

Good idea, someone should make this one a sticky!

Peace

GHOST DISCIPLE aka SKEPTICISM

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mouse View Post
    my question is how do u effectiveley use samples on "fruity Loops"?
    eh yo bro see this video i hope it can help you

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCVkfvO6xhg

@5 element ninja - i usually pitch shift them down directly....with about 5-6 octaves
    i need to know you tricks to make a bass line...a corect one (except sampling the bass from the original song). with vst plugins etc. how do you make it so it won't be off-key

aka SKEPTICISM

Is there anyone who knows how to make dope bass lines? With what program (for example midi-keyboard)?

Peace

Midi keyboards are probobaly give tah most vesatilaty with bass patterns .. The old Korg Tritons are pretty easy to use with Midi functions ect.. Although My soundcard came with a ton of vst plugins and softsynths that can be manipulated into some ill bass soundz.. Other than that try samplin minor keys and down pitching them or even guitar stringz.. I just get creative wit shit..

Another tip I would suggest to producers usin FL is timestretching your samples to fit your drum bpm.. theres a function where u can individually change pitch, mul, and time.. this makes it easy to match ur drum patterns..
    Also try adjusting your individual drum instruments to different levels or using a cut filter or resonance .. (Ex. change frequency and velocity of your hi hats).. this gives more range in your drums, just expirement wit different functions 2 get best results..

Cant give away all ma secrets, hope this helps tho..

This thread is a mf best friend right about now.

Any tips for recording with low quality mics? I.E. headphones.. radio shack mics.. headsets?

I Got A Headset So Usually When I Record, I Go To The Eq Afterwards And Take All The Low Frequencies Out, So That Way Ya Voice Is More Clear W/ No Unexpected Bass In Ya Voice

aka SKEPTICISM

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Midi keyboards are probobaly give tah most vesatilaty with bass patterns .. The old Korg Tritons are pretty easy to use with Midi functions ect.. Although My soundcard came with a ton of vst plugins and softsynths that can be manipulated into some ill bass soundz.. Other than that try samplin minor keys and down pitching them or even guitar stringz.. I just get creative wit shit..

Thanx for the answer fam!

Quote Originally Posted by pablobaluba View Post
    @5 element ninja - i usually pitch shift them down directly....with about 5-6 octaves
    i need to know you tricks to make a bass line...a corect one (except sampling the bass from the original song). with vst plugins etc. how do you make it so it won't be off-key
    Imma give u cats a jewel,that alot cats know.Take ya loop and make 2 copies of it.on the 1st one put a low pass filter on it so its just the bass then eq it or ad some subtle distortion.on the 2nd one put a hi pass filter on it.
    Another trick u can do is take a ill ass loop put a low pass filter on it.then just add different samples on top so the low pass loop will act as the main bassline