Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Default Pro Tools EQ presets

Whut up!

I´m makin beats for a while now but I´m still havin problems with makin a decent mix..
    Now recently I copped an Mbox2 and pro tools. My question is would U recommend to use the EQ presets f.e. for kicks, snares etc. can I make a legit mix usin them?

is there any way to use an analog mixer with a DAW such as fl studio?
    say i had some cool effects on my mixer i wanted to alter a sample with

Death Poet

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Flame View Post
    Whut up!

I´m makin beats for a while now but I´m still havin problems with makin a decent mix..
    Now recently I copped an Mbox2 and pro tools. My question is would U recommend to use the EQ presets f.e. for kicks, snares etc. can I make a legit mix usin them?
    Yes and No. If you know nothing about EQ'ing presets are a good starting point but never depend on them because they are someone elses presets on a totally differnt kick. Your kicks and someone elses kick drum are never going to be the same. So ya if you have no idea what you are doing begin with a preset and work your way around that. My best advice is find some info about eqing read about it and just start form scratch. It's going to be a lot of trial and error at first. be patient and stick with it.

Death Poet

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    Of course. your just going to need a, i/o interface to hook your analog interface to your fl/laptop's i/o's. The conventional thought when using analog mixers is to leave your DAW faders at unity gain (or whatever it is YOU call it) and mix with the faders on analog console. And of course for FX your ging to need inserts. All depends on what gear you are actually using.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    I use an analog mixer got EQ, gain, compressor & effects all built in which all range from pretty good to decent however i have noticed in my case it sound good going in but it adds a bit of distortion i don't know why so i don't even fuck with none of the extras just run in flat and add any effect with plugins
    but it could just be my mixer or cable or interface don't know

essentially you need to send the sample you want to add effects to, out to your mixer and add effect & send it back to your DAW & record it on to a new track with effect

you cant control FL mixer with your analog mixer you would need a digital mixer for that, they are nice but cost monies
    Last edited by $inista; 11-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Flame View Post
    Whut up!

what type of monitors you have ultimately mixing comes down to your ears & start try to train you ears their are videos for this I'm pretty sure you can youtube it, if you have a shitty pair of headphones or computer speakers that can be an issue

I rock with Pro Tools too and while their plug ins are decent & their presets are good starting points however there are better rats & plugins out there with nice presets, i recently had the same issue & i learned learning how to properly EQ comes with time practice & tuning your ears its not gonna happen over night, start with the presets and play with it to you get the sound that you desire

if you have any questions on plugins just PM me

Question
    The software I use to record saves a wav file on my pc's recordings file on the docents area, it's weighing down my laptops performance n shit.
    How would I got about changing that to automatically save on my external hard drive .

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Wat I mean is it saves a copy of eat ever I record vocally on the software

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

using mixcraft right? go to files -> preferences -> recording -> and you should be able to choose the folder it saves in.

in other news
    anybody try FL 10 yet?? im getting into it now and i hate it. they made it prettier and unnecessarily less user friendly. i think im gonna go back to FL 9 soon
    oh and it crashes constantly so fuck that
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 11-29-2011 at 12:29 PM.